TJ Dillashaw will fight Demetrius Johnson for Flyweight Title

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

The UFC has made significant changes to its UFC 213 pay-per-view event on July 8 in Las Vegas.

UFC president Dana White told ESPN.com on Tuesday that a bantamweight title fight between Cody Garbrandt and TJ Dillashaw has been officially called off, due to a Garbrandt back injury.

According to White, Dillashaw (14-3) will be rebooked to a flyweight title fight against 10-time defending champion Demetrious Johnson in August.

UFC 213 adds interim title with Garbrandt hurt

T

The Big Guy

Thats a dope fight. I love MM and im glad we get to see him in a challenging fight against a top BW

Dj 48-47

Jdog93

.....?
Jun 2, 2016
Would have rather seen Dillasnake vs Necktat but this fight amuses me.

Which I don't say that often for a Mighty Mouse fight. Finally some decent competition.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
If the scales move down for Tj my needle jumps to Redline...

M

member 603

This will be a good fight, I'm hoping DJ wins. If he does win, his next fight should be against Cody for the BW title.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
What a shit show the UFC has become...
I feel like DJ is being partly honest in that tweet but just trying to play what few cards he has to get a bigger payday finally. DJ vs TJ is a big deal. If they're willing to pay then I'm sure he's willing to fight.

Joemacka

Bisping is GOAT
Oct 19, 2015
Lol DJ knows TJ is a tough fight and wants to break the record for title defenses so he wants to fight Borg first.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
Lol DJ knows TJ is a tough fight and wants to break the record for title defenses so he wants to fight Borg first.
No, I think DJ is correct in this case. It's not like TJ was a dominating champ, or a champ. If you're a champ of the division and move up/down, sure you deserve a immediate title shot but TJ's not. If he's going to new division he should fight someone first in the division.

trying to turn the attention away from Bisping Duck?

M

member 603

Not sure it's that... Funny, I was watching a recent episode of TTTHS and they did it about this fight. As goofy as that shit is, they made a great point.... If TJ fights and beats Cody, THEN fights DJ, it's the big payday super fight (that million dollar payout). Right now all TJ is doing is jumping the line at 125, and DJ is right.... Come down and beat someone at that weight first then challenge for the title.

Let DJ build his brand by setting the record against his last challenger in his division, then super fight the BW champ for a huge payout

Joemacka

Bisping is GOAT
Oct 19, 2015
No, I think DJ is correct in this case. It's not like TJ was a dominating champ, or a champ. If you're a champ of the division and move up/down, sure you deserve a immediate title shot but TJ's not. If he's going to new division he should fight someone first in the division.

trying to turn the attention away from Bisping Duck?
So he should continue fighting guys that arent in his league. Who the fuck is gonna pay to watch DJ vs Borg lol. DJ vs TJ is actually an intriguing fight and DJ will earn more money.

Theres other threads regarding bisping.

Joemacka

Bisping is GOAT
Oct 19, 2015
Not sure it's that... Funny, I was watching a recent episode of TTTHS and they did it about this fight. As goofy as that shit is, they made a great point.... If TJ fights and beats Cody, THEN fights DJ, it's the big payday super fight (that million dollar payout). Right now all TJ is doing is jumping the line at 125, and DJ is right.... Come down and beat someone at that weight first then challenge for the title.

Let DJ build his brand by setting the record against his last challenger in his division, then super fight the BW champ for a huge payout
Which line are we talking about? He has flogged everyone.

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015
He should take the fight against a former champion whose made a name for himself. Mighty Mouse really makes it tough to root for him.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
I feel like DJ is being partly honest in that tweet but just trying to play what few cards he has to get a bigger payday finally. DJ vs TJ is a big deal. If they're willing to pay then I'm sure he's willing to fight.
The UFC for the last few years has been tricking fighters into fights by announcing them before contacting fighters. See many of Nate Diaz's tweets for about 1,000 examples lol....

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
So he should continue fighting guys that arent in his league. Who the fuck is gonna pay to watch DJ vs Borg lol. DJ vs TJ is actually an intriguing fight and DJ will earn more money.

Theres other threads regarding bisping.
I agree DJ vs TJ is way intriguing but cutting in line is still cutting in line. It's the same case regardless of which division these things happen at. TJ will most likely beat some contender at 125, get his title shot. If he loses, then he didn't deserve it in the first place. Plus, like someone above mentioned, both DJ and TJ will make way more money if TJ was the 135 champ, then came down to fight for the 125 strap.

M

member 603

Which line are we talking about? He has flogged everyone.
You're correct in your feeling that there's not much of a line, but Borg has earned his shot at DJ (It may be a fools journey, but a journey he's earned the right to take).

The UFC has made a mockery in it's rankings, Borg should get the shot but he won't. He'll get bumped in favor of TJ (who hasn't won shit at 125 lbs) because they need a title fight at 213. Now if TJ loses, then DJ will probably get the big money BW super fight (which he earned by beating the #1 ranked BW) and Borg will get pushed back down the ranking.

If DJ loses, I guarantee that they'll run back the fight against TJ..... Unless he gets obliterated, in which case they'll probably make a TJ/Cody "super fight"....... In any rate Borg gets pushed back down the rankings.

That line is thin.... But there is a line, and skipping a fighter, and taking away his shot.... That's fucked up

Hwoarang

TMMAC Addict
Oct 22, 2015
I would imagine odds to be pretty even in a TJ vs DJ match.
Whereas against mighty mouse, Borg would be something like the +700 underdog (and I would still confidently bet on DJ).
DJ obviously dicktucking to get an easier fight to break Anderson's record (can't really blame him for wanting his name to stand out in the history books). He even said he wouldn't fight Cody right away as well, he clearly wants an easy fight to break the record first. I don't often agree with Joemacka @Joemacka, but he's spot on here.