TJ on Garbrandt: ‘I really don’t believe he’s got a chin’

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

T.J. Dillashaw said he was going to finish Cody Garbrandt even more emphatically in the championship rematch, and that’s exactly what he did at UFC 227.

Dillashaw, the two-time bantamweight champion, battered ‘No Love’ from pillar-to-post in the UFC 227 main event at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, finishing his former teammate with a barrage of strikes in the first round.

After earning back-to-back knockout wins over Garbrandt, Dillashaw questioned whether his opponent has the chin and durability to compete at the highest level in the UFC.

“I think he has some technical problems that he needs to fix,” Dillashaw said at the post-fight press conference.

TJ questions Garbrandt’s chin after UFC 227: ‘He plays a dangerous game’

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I think Cody’s got a chin. He took about 25 unanswered shots and was still standing at the end of the fight. He just gets drawn into wild exchanges & gets hurt by shots he doesn’t see coming.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
I think he has a chin, but when you're lunging and get caught with a perfect counter by a puncher like TJ you're going to get hurt. He took a lot of punishment and stayed upright.

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
i think Mr Garbrant has a chin. if you're fighting someone as good as TJ, that will be tricky, plus he took loads of shots at the end there and was still on his feet

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Cody doesn't have a good chin. TJ isn't wrong. But it's not a bad chin either. The biggest issue is that he leaves his head hanging wide open when he's throwing. There have been many exchanges where he's been very lucky to not get put out because he has his hands low and his chin high and he's just begging to get clipped.

Against most of the guys that don't have as good of movement as TJ and/or the power to really do anything about it he can get away with it.

I think a guy like Dodson who has some power and speed could give him a fit as well.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
cody doesnt fight smart. chin or no chin. there is a problem at team alphafa male. they have too many dude bros and egos.it seems to be holding them back from greatness. there is always some kind of drama in the camp and always a change in coaching . now they are pretty much coaching each other .

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
When you put everything into wild combos, it doesn’t matter if you have a “chin” or not because your actual chin will be left exposed. When all you see are the shots you are throwing, you won’t see the other shots coming. Those things combined, spells KO potential.

TJ is still playing mind games with Cody with that comment.
He wants the guy to test his chin even more and ruin himself.

I don't like TJ at all but he's a smart little slimeball who knows how to fuck with people and get them to do stupid things.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
TJ is still playing mind games with Cody with that comment.
He wants the guy to test his chin even more and ruin himself.

I don't like TJ at all but he's a smart little slimeball who knows how to fuck with people and get them to do stupid things.
I love tj......

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
one thing people overlook regarding TJ is his lineage bas rutten- duane ludwig-tj dillashaw.
TJ left to practice striking with great strikers.alpha male went from having legit thai coaching them to a series of mma fighters who are basically wrestlers. they did the best with ludwig and kampfman but again egos and drama got in the way. even when ludwig left they all pointed the finger at him like he was the bad guy (maybe he is i dont know) but look at who is successful in the long run and who isnt

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Post fight speech they used the “greatest of all time”.....fucking drives me insane......

Cejudo is the greatest of all time, Anderson Silva is the goat, stype is the goat hw, dc is the greatest of all time, Conor is the goat, Mighty Mouse is the goat but ran from tj.....shall I go on

Filthy @T-City Parks/Rec Director is the greatest of all time as he wrestled in Iowa

The guy who manhandled me in wrestling when I was a junior and he was a freshman and won the state championship is the greatest of all time

Ryann Von Doom

The Man
Jan 28, 2015
I think Cody’s got a chin. He took about 25 unanswered shots and was still standing at the end of the fight. He just gets drawn into wild exchanges & gets hurt by shots he doesn’t see coming.
The shots that dropped him were on the temple.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
At team alpha Male, Faber has a chin so powerful it absorbs any other chin that comes near its gravitational pull.

M

member 603

I mean, I don't want to call out a guy after he's defended his title but......

TJ is clearly wrong.... Cody does in fact have a chin.... I'm starting to think that early onset CTE may be affecting TJ, such a shame, he's had a great career.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Post fight speech they used the “greatest of all time”.....fucking drives me insane......

Cejudo is the greatest of all time, Anderson Silva is the goat, stype is the goat hw, dc is the greatest of all time, Conor is the goat, Mighty Mouse is the goat but ran from tj.....shall I go on

Filthy @T-City Parks/Rec Director is the greatest of all time as he wrestled in Iowa

The guy who manhandled me in wrestling when I was a junior and he was a freshman and won the state championship is the greatest of all time
Prince Phillip is the greatest of all time.

GOAT is just another fake belt they toss around to generate interest in fights no Casual really gives a shit about.
It's the Greatest Interim Belt of All Time.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
Cody just isn’t an intelligent fighter yet. He has a lot to learn everywhere. Many times in that fight he could’ve stopped stepped back taken a second to reset and go. He just swung and TJ just did what he does if someone does that. Cody pretty much closed his eyes and swung.

delightone

Insert Crown here
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Yeah he gets over excited when he lands a good combo, rather than take a moment to see what damage he's done he goes for the kill recklessly right away.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Yeah he gets over excited when he lands a good combo, rather than take a moment to see what damage he's done he goes for the kill recklessly right away.
Yep. Cost him big twice now. If he can get that under control, he will be champ some day. Still only 25 years old.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
cody doesnt fight smart. chin or no chin. there is a problem at team alphafa male. they have too many dude bros and egos.it seems to be holding them back from greatness. there is always some kind of drama in the camp and always a change in coaching . now they are pretty much coaching each other .
Hard to argue this.