***TMMAC Alphas MagWar***

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

LawFitz

Fantasy Fighter
Nov 18, 2015
Q1 starts this weekend, TMMAC.

Check the Rosters page to see how many Q1 fighters each team has. Q1 fighters in red, Q2 in blue. Next fight card in bright red. Team Rosters - TMMAC Alphas

(Sign into your MagWar account first, then click the above link - or navigate to the Rosters link directly from the TMMAC Alphas league homepage.)

Use the color codes on the Rosters, MyTeam and Events pages to help manage your team by quickly identifying how many fighters you have scheduled to fight for you each quarter.

And to see if you have a Flex Fighter set up for each card... Look for bright red fighters in the 'Flex' row. I got lil Pettis for my first Flex Fighter. Lots of flex picks left on the board for UFCFN 114.

The Upcoming Events page lists all the future announced fight cards on the league schedule if you click the Show All link in the upper right corner.

These color codes will automatically adjust after every fight card.

LawFitz

Fantasy Fighter
Nov 18, 2015
Flex Fighter - you guys can start a new guy in this slot every fight card.

Check the league rosters page before this weekend's fight card. If you don't have a guy in bright red in your Flex [F] spot, then grab someone off of Saturday's UFC FN114 card and plug him in there. It's free points missed if you don't start someone in Flex for every card.

Team Rosters - TMMAC Alphas

Salty Kawa got his team dialed for Q1 and this weekend's Flex start -

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
Flex Fighter - you guys can start a new guy in this slot every fight card.

Check the league rosters page before this weekend's fight card. If you don't have a guy in bright red in your Flex [F] spot, then grab someone off of Saturday's UFC FN114 card and plug him in there. It's free points missed if you don't start someone in Flex for every card.

Team Rosters - TMMAC Alphas

Salty Kawa got his team dialed for Q1 and this weekend's Flex start -

What would be helpful is if we could set adds/drops to take place in the future. Like I know exactly which free agent I want to pick up after this event, but I need my flex fighter right now. So if I could set it so I drop her and pick up the other one automatically when the event is over, that would be awesome. Or does that ruin it somehow?

LawFitz

Fantasy Fighter
Nov 18, 2015
What would be helpful is if we could set adds/drops to take place in the future. Like I know exactly which free agent I want to pick up after this event, but I need my flex fighter right now. So if I could set it so I drop her and pick up the other one automatically when the event is over, that would be awesome. Or does that ruin it somehow?
A coming function that could be a solution is an in-season fighters watchlist, similar to what you saw in the draft, where you can personalize a list of free-agent fighters directly from the Fighters or Events pages.

You leave (and can later remove) a marker - like a flag, star or a similar highlight, which allows quick tracking of your watched free agents when making future fighter pickups.

Last edited:

LawFitz

Fantasy Fighter
Nov 18, 2015
MMAHAWK @MMAHAWK -

Your team is loaded but not locked for Q1, brohymn. Love that you have a complete roster of Q1 fighters ready to roll. Just remember to switch Grasso or Soukhmathath to Flex before Saturday (or pickup another UFC FN114 fighter for your Flex).

You, Salty Kawa and Nuraknu got it down. Red fighters = current quarter points. :)

Last edited:

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
MMAHAWK @MMAHAWK -

Your team is loaded but not locked for Q1, brohymn. Love that you have a complete roster of Q1 fighters ready to roll. Just remember to switch Grasso or Soukhmathath to Flex before Saturday (or pickup another UFC FN114 fighter for your Flex).

You, Salty Kawa and Nuraknu got it down. Red fighters = current quarter points. :)

On it
Thanks

LawFitz

Fantasy Fighter
Nov 18, 2015
I'm punting Q1 and going all in trying to win Q2 or Q3.
That works too. I just like to start a full roster every quarter, since the last playoff spot is determined by Q1-3 total points. If you give up completely on Q1, you're essentially not competing for two out of the four playoff berths right from the start.

Four bench spots doesn't seem like a lot for Q2/Q3 reserve fighters, but I suspect you could cull the herd more than you might think. If I were you I'd keep Cody/Rockhold, plus maybe Gastelum/Gunnar and consider punting most of the rest, instead of Q1. ;)

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
That works too. I just like to start a full roster every quarter, since the last playoff spot is determined by Q1-3 total points. If you give up completely on Q1, you're essentially not competing for two out of the four playoff berths right from the start.

Four bench spots doesn't seem like a lot for Q2/Q3 reserve fighters, but I suspect you could cull the herd more than you might think. If I were you I'd keep Cody/Rockhold, plus maybe Gastelum/Gunnar and consider punting most of the rest, instead of Q1. ;)
I tweaked my roster like a god damned surgeon. Let's fucking roll.

Ghost Bro

Wololo ~Leave no turn unstoned
Nov 13, 2015
I think I have the worst roster in total...don't tell my fighters, they don't have to know.

LawFitz

Fantasy Fighter
Nov 18, 2015
^^^ Well at least your team still has the ASCII penis. All is not lost. :)

Seriously, though, if I were you I'd do two things to help my cause:

1. Pickup and start a Flex Fighter for today's fight card - you have until 7p ET to do so. Easiest way is to go to the Events page. From there, click on today's fight card and you can see which fighters are still available for pickup.

2. Re-jig the squad to score some Q1 points.
Bench (i.e. reserve) 4 names for future quarters - IMO: Cyborg, Calvillo + two of [DC, Wonderboy, Misha, Black Beast]. Cut the rest for Q1 fighters. After those six names and Gadelha, who is fighting in Q1, the rest of the team looks very droppable, so overall the process shouldn't be too painful. You can do this in the days/weeks to come. No rush for today if you want to think about whom to cut.

T-minus five hours, gents. Super excited for today's card! :leftright:
:cheers:

Last edited:

LawFitz

Fantasy Fighter
Nov 18, 2015
Q2 is looking to be packed with events. January hasn't even been announced yet and we aleady have more cards in Nov-Dec than we do for all of Q1.

Ghost Bro

Wololo ~Leave no turn unstoned
Nov 13, 2015

1. Pickup and start a Flex Fighter for today's fight card - you have until 7p ET to do so. Easiest way is to go to the Events page. From there, click on today's fight card and you can see which fighters are still available for pickup.

2. Rejig the squad to score some Q1 points.
Bench (i.e. reserve) 4 names for future quarters - IMO: Cyborg, Calvillo + two of [DC, Wonderboy, Misha, Black Beast]. Cut the rest for Q1 fighters. After those six names and Gadelha, who is fighting in Q1, the rest of the team looks very droppable, so overall the process shouldn't be too painful. You can do this in the days/weeks to come. No rush for today if you want to think about whom to cut.

Thanks man, I gave caraway the boot first.
I flexed bravo

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015

2. Rejig the squad to score some Q1 points.

I can attest to this, I initially drafted a team not understanding the scoring system as well as I should have. After making some changes yesterday, I have composed what many experts are calling "the greatest cast of MMA talent ever assembled". If you want to send me a few bit coins, I can help you with your team.

LawFitz

Fantasy Fighter
Nov 18, 2015
The format is fairly straightforward once you play, but a bit tough to conceptualize before experiencing.

Think four distinct contests (Quarters) within the overall game. The 4th of these is the one that counts, but you gotta win one of Q1-3 or get the highest total points to get into the Q4 Playoff.

Fill your Contract and Flex spots with current Quarter fighters and the bench with reserved fighters for future quarters. End of each Quarter, we rebalance/reload for the next one in a quarter-end waivers process.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
Yeah. It's a great format. I think I underestimated how much roster movement there would be and I was thinking of it too much like a dynasty league where I was drafting guys who I liked long term. It seems you really only need to worry about the fighters next match up.

LawFitz

Fantasy Fighter
Nov 18, 2015
Yeah. It's a great format. I think I underestimated how much roster movement there would be and I was thinking of it too much like a dynasty league where I was drafting guys who I liked long term. It seems you really only need to worry about the fighters next match up.
Think long term for up to 4 fighters. Rest of the team quarter to quarter (fight card to fight card for Flex).

Playoff Bonus at end of Q4 gives fighters who fight at least twice at any point in the 12 months the value to hold long-term (assuming they are producing).

The game is designed so that short and long term views and valuations count.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Rambo John J @Rambo John J
Send me a pm
We need 1 more person to have 5 and get this thing going
I will push the draft back until next weekend
I cannot enter...I enjoy events pure without attachment now...used to gamble hard and never lost bad or had a problem(winning)but did notice I don't view with the same lens would if unattached

I do think it is very cool