***TMMAC Alphas MagWar***

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
Better hope i don't make the playoffs

Already have the following scheduled for fights in the playoff round

Tai tuivasa
Brian Ortega
Yoel Romero
Jacare souza
Santiago ponzinabio

LawFitz

Fantasy Fighter
Nov 18, 2015
nuraknu @nuraknu I am here. Sorry for being so MIA lately. I've been super busy and unable to frequent this board as much as I'd like.

Also, we still owe you another mug for your Q2 victory. I haven't forgetten. I will order your mug from Splinty @Splinty this week, once I find out which prize Gay For Longo @Gay for Longo wants for winning Q3, so I can order them together.

Gay For Longo @Gay for Longo muthertrucking congrats, my dude! What a Q3 performance to swoop in and seal a playoff spot for your team! Here I was thinking I was a shoe in for a playoff spot the last couple months and totally missed your team's surge. I even rostered Colby Chaos in lieu of a seventh contact fight in Q3 thinking I was setting up for Q4. Total derp moment right there.

Anyway, we are awarding prizes for each quarterly winner for this league. Pick one of any of the following for winning Q3, brother. I'll order it for you this week.

TMMAC T-Shirt | Multiple Colors

TMMAC Snapback

TMMAC Logo Mug

Congrats to nuraknu @nuraknu, Sex Chicken @Sex Chicken, The Sound of Violence @The Sound of Violence and Gay For Longo @Gay for Longo for making the Q4 playoff round. Winner gets the glory of being the first ever TMMAC MagWar champion, plus a TMMAC hoodie.

*Don't forget about playoff bonuses during Q4. If you have continuously rostered a fighter up until now and he (or she) has at least two regular season fight scores for you, then that fighter is eligible for a bonus should he not fight during Q4, if you place him in a contract spot at the end. Placing him in a contract spot at any point will reveal on your MyTeam page how much of a bonus, if any, he is eligible to receive. Good luck!!

LawFitz

Fantasy Fighter
Nov 18, 2015
Sex Chicken @Sex Chicken you are quite welcome, my friend. Glad you are enjoying. :)

The first chance to fully reload rosters for Q4 comes as a special waivers process on the last day of Q3 (April 30). On that day, all free agent fighters go on waivers, and you will be able to make waiver claims, while being able to designate currently locked contract fighters to drop. Up until then, starting tomorrow when last night's event waivers clear, you can make Q4 pickups, but you cannot drop locked Q3 contracts when doing so. Effectively the special waivers on April 30 acts as like a quasi-draft for Q4, as the first opportunity for teams to be unrestricted by Q3 contracts.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
Sex Chicken @Sex Chicken you are quite welcome, my friend. Glad you are enjoying. :)

The first chance to fully reload rosters for Q4 comes as a special waivers process on the last day of Q3 (April 30). On that day, all free agent fighters go on waivers, and you will be able to make waiver claims, while being able to designate currently locked contract fighters to drop. Up until then, starting tomorrow when last night's event waivers clear, you can make Q4 pickups, but you cannot drop locked Q3 contracts when doing so. Effectively the special waivers on April 30 acts as like a quasi-draft for Q4, as the first opportunity for teams to be unrestricted by Q3 contracts.
Honestly, congratulations. I really didn't think an MMA fantasy league could work because of all the moving parts, and chaos, but this format is excellent. There really are no blindspots. It plays really fairly and competitively.

LawFitz

Fantasy Fighter
Nov 18, 2015
Honestly, congratulations. I really didn't think an MMA fantasy league could work because of all the moving parts, and chaos, but this format is excellent. There really are no blindspots. It plays really fairly and competitively.
Thanks dude. MagWar was designed to finally give MMA a fantasy game that plays like fantasy football. Your thoughts are awesome to hear. :)

Last edited:

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
Nope quarter is over, buuuuut 4 people make it to the finals. From what I understand ( LawFitz @LawFitz feel free to correct me if I'm off) it's the 3 people who won a quarter and the wildcard (player with the highest overall points that didn't win a quarter)
Alright cool
Excited about getting a shirt from here finally lol

You're looking good for the playoffs
Full team already scheduled and some killers in that lineup

nuraknu @nuraknu I am here. Sorry for being so MIA lately. I've been super busy and unable to frequent this board as much as I'd like.

Also, we still owe you another mug for your Q2 victory. I haven't forgetten. I will order your mug from Splinty @Splinty this week, once I find out which prize Gay For Longo @Gay for Longo wants for winning Q3, so I can order them together.

Gay For Longo @Gay for Longo muthertrucking congrats, my dude! What a Q3 performance to swoop in and seal a playoff spot for your team! Here I was thinking I was a shoe in for a playoff spot the last couple months and totally missed your team's surge. I even rostered Colby Chaos in lieu of a seventh contact fight in Q3 thinking I was setting up for Q4. Total derp moment right there.

Anyway, we are awarding prizes for each quarterly winner for this league. Pick one of any of the following for winning Q3, brother. I'll order it for you this week.

TMMAC T-Shirt | Multiple Colors

TMMAC Snapback

TMMAC Logo Mug

Congrats to nuraknu @nuraknu, Sex Chicken @Sex Chicken, The Sound of Violence @The Sound of Violence and Gay For Longo @Gay for Longo for making the Q4 playoff round. Winner gets the glory of being the first ever TMMAC MagWar champion, plus a TMMAC hoodie.

*Don't forget about playoff bonuses during Q4. If you have continuously rostered a fighter up until now and he (or she) has at least two regular season fight scores for you, then that fighter is eligible for a bonus should he not fight during Q4, if you place him in a contract spot at the end. Placing him in a contract spot at any point will reveal on your MyTeam page how much of a bonus, if any, he is eligible to receive. Good luck!!
This is awesome, thanks so much for doing this
I didn't expect to be competitive this quickly but this is for sure my kind of game

As for prize, I'd love a shirt
Color - Hunter green
Size - large

I'll pm you my contact info

Thanks again man :)

Need to get the couple guys not doing much more involved
I know regular john @regular john is planning on being more active next quarter (after playoffs) which is awesome

LawFitz

Fantasy Fighter
Nov 18, 2015
Nope quarter is over, buuuuut 4 people make it to the finals. From what I understand ( LawFitz @LawFitz feel free to correct me if I'm off) it's the 3 people who won a quarter and the wildcard (player with the highest overall points that didn't win a quarter)
Yup this is correct. During the playoff round (quarter 4), four playoff teams get segregated into a separate pool, and from there they compete to win the championship. To earn a playoff slot, a team must win any one of the first three quarters of the game. And a final 'wildcard' playoff slot is awarded to the team with the most combined Q1-3 points among the teams that didn't win a quarter. If the same team wins more than one quarter (as happened with nuraknu @nuraknu winning Q1 and Q2), then multiple wildcard card slots are awarded, instead of one, to ensure a total of four playoff teams.

So in our league it went -

Q1 winner: nuraknu @nuraknu
Q2 winner: nuraknu @nuraknu
Q3 winner: Gay For Longo @Gay for Longo

wildcard 1: The Sound of Violence @The Sound of Violence
wildcard 2: Sex Chicken @Sex Chicken

LawFitz

Fantasy Fighter
Nov 18, 2015
Alright cool
Excited about getting a shirt from here finally lol

You're looking good for the playoffs
Full team already scheduled and some killers in that lineup

This is awesome, thanks so much for doing this
I didn't expect to be competitive this quickly but this is for sure my kind of game

As for prize, I'd love a shirt
Color - Hunter green
Size - large

I'll pm you my contact info

Thanks again man :)

Need to get the couple guys not doing much more involved
I know regular john @regular john is planning on being more active next quarter (after playoffs) which is awesome
You are very welcome. And yeah, I was blindsided by your team's Q3 domination. You crushed it. All good. I will obviously have to watch out for you next season. Clearly a new sherriff and all that. :)

PM'd Splinty @Splinty to place your and nuraknu @nuraknu's prize orders. I'll let you both know once the orders are all set.

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
Yup this is correct. During the playoff round (quarter 4), four playoff teams get segregated into a separate pool, and from there they compete to win the championship. To earn a playoff slot, a team must win any one of the first three quarters of the game. And a final 'wildcard' playoff slot is awarded to the team with the most combined Q1-3 points among the teams that didn't win a quarter. If the same team wins more than one quarter (as happened with nuraknu @nuraknu winning Q1 and Q2), then multiple wildcard card slots are awarded, instead of one, to ensure a total of four playoff teams.

So in our league it went -

Q1 winner: nuraknu @nuraknu
Q2 winner: nuraknu @nuraknu
Q3 winner: Gay For Longo @Gay for Longo

wildcard 1: The Sound of Violence @The Sound of Violence
wildcard 2: Sex Chicken @Sex Chicken
Hey nuraknu @nuraknu

View: https://youtu.be/04854XqcfCY