TMMAC big thread of books

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Fuck this book is good. I am only around page 500 or so and glad I am only halfway through. Damn.
Hell yeh!

I just reread it a couple weeks ago for the third time because I want to reread oathbrnger. Which means rereading aWoK and WoR first due to self diagnosed ocd

Glad ur digging it

Its considered teen fiction I think, but I really really liked the first mistborn trilogy too. I guess I just like the author because I've liked everything I've read by him. And loved a bunch

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Finished "Ordinary Men" by Christopher R. Browning last week.

Jesus Christ, that's a good (if not sobering) book. I recommend everyone read it.

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016
I had this book in my late teens and I decided to re-read it and continue on with the trilogy

I'm now onto the second book, Harlequin

after that I'll read the final one, Chaos Child

Love my Kindle ereader. It's been a godsend

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Idgaf. That book is the shit.
Not sure we are on the same page here. Storm light arcive isn't teen fiction. That's standard fantasy section at Barnes

There's another series by the same author called mistborn. So if u get through stormligjt, might be worth checking that out. Different planet in the cosmere. So different magic system. Different tone to the story. But it's pretty cool

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016

thanks man! I have it bookmarked. the robotic voice (if that's the one) got tiresome after awhile. if not, I'd be interested. it's an amazing read, I had to stop to occasionally research because it seemed pretty far out there. so far, everything checks out.

they need something similar to when Bill Cooper read Behold. that was great.

started something here & there (but not much interest), check it out (not sure the policy here of linking other forums, delete if not cool):

Have you heard of "The Octopus"? - Masato Toys Forums

If the Reagan assassination attempt was today...

it's probably my favorite rabbit hole & The Last Circle is a good look down into it.

Last edited:

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Over the past couple weeks I finished

"Team Dog" by Mike Ritland (dog training resource)
"Outliers" by Malcolm Gladwell
and
"American Sniper" by Chris Kyle

Would recommend all 3, although Outliers feels a little like someone with a hammer treating everything as if it's a nail.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Good, I found the original book thread on here...

Just picked this one up.

Over a 1000 pages, just how I like 'm. Don't know anything about the series, so hopefully it rocks.
you should lurk here Splinty @Splinty

has anyone done the graphic audio for this? (not audble. the one with sound effects and shit)

im gonna splurge and buy that once i get some free time. but i just reread book 1 last month lol. fuck it. ill do it again

oh wow, its actually cheap now. when they first released it, graphic audio was like $100

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Over the past couple weeks I finished

"Team Dog" by Mike Ritland (dog training resource)
"Outliers" by Malcolm Gladwell
and
"American Sniper" by Chris Kyle

Would recommend all 3, although Outliers feels a little like someone with a hammer treating everything as if it's a nail.
Where do you find the time? Do you plan ahead like any other hobby hours a week and read?

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Where do you find the time? Do you plan ahead like any other hobby hours a week and read?
Because it sounds like you're trying to find more time to read I'm going to answer your question with a question. When you're home from work what do you do from when you walk in the door until you go to bed?

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Because it sounds like you're trying to find more time to read I'm going to answer your question with a question. When you're home from work what do you do from when you walk in the door until you go to bed?
if you want birdwatcher to send pics, just say it, ya horny bastad

bad joke aside. i totally hear ya. i think most people dont read, because they watch things in free-time. the key to reading more is substituting books for media

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Pick ups kids, feed kids, kids do chores, go to BJJ or dive with kids depending on day, three times a week I train right after, go home, eat, bed. That's week days. We just dropped swim club for summer so we have Thursdays open to do whatever including read. Weekends are usually sports tourneys or wife's baseball, visit family and friends...

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
if you want birdwatcher to send pics, just say it, ya horny bastad

bad joke aside. i totally hear ya. i think most people dont read, because they watch things in free-time. the key to reading more is substituting books for media
I've been finding time for audio books more now. My question to BeardOfKnowledge @ConorMcGregorsBeard was genuine as I struggle to find time outside of beach or camping to really just lay back and read. If he views it as some would a sport or whatever and just book time that would be pretty commited.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
I've been finding time for audio books more now. My question to BeardOfKnowledge @ConorMcGregorsBeard was genuine as I struggle to find time outside of beach or camping to really just lay back and read. If he views it as some would a sport or whatever and just book time that would be pretty commited.
It's hard with family. I can't imagine finding any tme to do anything tbh

A habit or morning walks audio booking is cool. Before sunrise. Def recommend trying if possible

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Pick ups kids, feed kids, kids do chores, go to BJJ or dive with kids depending on day, three times a week I train right after, go home, eat, bed. That's week days. We just dropped swim club for summer so we have Thursdays open to do whatever including read. Weekends are usually sports tourneys or wife's baseball, visit family and friends...
Make it a point to read 10 pages of a book before you go to sleep each night for 2 weeks, and report back. Keep the book in the 200 page range and something written by a journalist or a non-professional author is typically going to be your friend as it'll easier to digest and see real progress as you make your way through the book. Yes, I'm serious.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Make it a point to read 10 pages of a book before you go to sleep each night for 2 weeks, and report back. Keep the book in the 200 page range and something written by a journalist or a non-professional author is typically going to be your friend as it'll easier to digest and see real progress as you make your way through the book. Yes, I'm serious.
Seems like sounds advice, thank you.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Seems like sounds advice, thank you.
I also realize it will seem like "20 pages? That's it? Why not more?" But what you want is nice and manageable to set yourself up for success the same way you probably treat your kids. I was serious about the reporting back with your results part though.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I also realize it will seem like "20 pages? That's it? Why not more?" But what you want is nice and manageable to set yourself up for success the same way you probably treat your kids. I was serious about the reporting back with your results part though.
Let me find a book and report back. I'm half way through a good audio book and will give this a try after. I've been meaning to read this after Yossarian @Yossarian recommended it.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Finished "David and Goliath" by Malcolm Gladwell, this evening.

I'd highly recommend this book, it's a really interesting study of times where perceived disadvantages are unique advantages, and vice versa.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Decided to re-read "Of Mice and Men" which I read back in high school when I was a shithead (more so) and didn't care. Glad I did, what an incredible book.

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
Decided to re-read "Of Mice and Men" which I read back in high school when I was a shithead (more so) and didn't care. Glad I did, what an incredible book.
Read it the day it was assigned, when I was supposed to be cleaning my room.

I read Brad Meltzer’s “The Escape Artist.” It was good. Looking forward to his next book in January.
Now I’m reading a book written by the lead singer of a band, called “Scale: A Novel,” by Keith Buckley. He used to be an English teacher before the band took off.