TMMAC big thread of books

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
lol damn. dont look it up. because you will find something. i loved this bchapter so much i made a shitty narrated animation of it on my YT channel

BUT, the impact is a function of everything that comes before it. so just wait till you get there. my bad!

EDIT: its not about the actions themselves, or the choices people make, but rather, who the people are and what they've been through when they make those choices
By the way, are both Shallan and Kaladin bind surgers? Yes or no will suffice and won't spoil it.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Over the past few weeks I read:

"Beowulf" Not sure which version, but it isn't in old English. That poem is cool, as, fuck.

"Lost City of Z" by David Grann: Very cool book. The payoff that comes toward the end definitely makes the rest of the book worth it.

"A Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Boy Soldier" by Ishmael Beah. Interesting read, but stinks of UN propaganda toward the end.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
anybody read Born To Run yet?

I swear you will enjoy it...will PayPal you 9 dollars if you can pass my quiz and still admit not enjoying it

very short and a simple fast read that will grip you

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
anybody read Born To Run yet?

I swear you will enjoy it...will PayPal you 9 dollars if you can pass my quiz and still admit not enjoying it

very short and a simple fast read that will grip you
The book where the guy learns to run like the Mexican tribals?

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
The book where the guy learns to run like the Mexican tribals?
yes

did you like it?

I run like that and have spent 30+% of my life barefoot since...legs are strong as F

used to roll maybe 10% barefoot

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I saw something in a documentary about it. I may have to read it.
I read it in about 24 hours...it was that good...I read very fast but that book drew me in as much as any ever

much much more going on than what you described...it goes deep in many ways and is fun as shit
Shinkicker @Shinkicker

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
It's only 306 pages. I could do it in 23 or less
addictive personality here...I skipped most of a night of sleep to read it like a psycho

have since reread to confirm its awesomeness

Lent my copy out and have gotten great reviews from like 6+ other people...I don't expect it will come back to me

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
addictive personality here...I skipped most of a night of sleep to read it like a psycho

have since reread to confirm its awesomeness

Lent my copy out and have gotten great reviews from like 6+ other people...I don't expect it will come back to me
I fell asleep reading last night. I haven't done that in a while. I think the last all nighter for me was Dean Koontz "Intensity".