General TMMAC Carpentry/DIY Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 3289

This is a thread where you can ask carpentry questions and hopefully get them answered by professional carpenters like ShatsBassoon @ShatsBassoon or amateurs like @Lars and Hauler @Hauler

All 3 of these gentlemen LOVE to show off so I'm sure they'll be battling to answer your questions.

I'll ask the first question in the next post.

M

member 3289

Can I drill extra drainage holes in a clay garden pot or will it cause the pot to crack/shatter?

I'm not buying fancy shmancy drill bits so just tell me yes or no you pretentious fucks.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Can I drill extra drainage holes in a clay garden pot or will it cause the pot to crack/shatter?

I'm not buying fancy shmancy drill bits so just tell me yes or no you pretentious fucks.
I would think so. Use a masonry bit. Maybe put tape on both sides where you are drilling the hole to prevent chipping. Start with a small hole (like 1/16") then increase from there a little at a time.

If it breaks it's your fault.

Also: This has fuck all to do with carpentry.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
this is more of a gardening question and the answer is to repot into a larger vessel to allow your root mass room to expand. pick one with adequate drainage

M

member 3289

this is more of a gardening question and the answer is to repot into a larger vessel to allow your root mass room to expand. pick one with adequate drainage
I'm not going to re-pot until it's in a dormant phase. It's currently in a growth phase and if I re-pot now it'll cause the plant to go into shock and stop growing for a while.

M

member 3289

Oh and I'm going to drill the pot into the foundation of the building so it is absolutely a carpentry question

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

Soak pot over night, tape over where you plan to drill, use masonry bit. Start with a smaller bit and work up

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
So my toilet has a high pitch "wisssssssssss" sound(no one's on it).
Underneath the house there's a "wUH wUH WUH WH knick knick knick knick" sound.
What do?