VID TMMAC Documentary thread (all genres!)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Alright, so I have a pretty good collection of fight documentaries/biopic TV profile type things that I've collected over the years. Most of what I have focuses on MMA/NHB, Boxing, BJJ, Kickboxing & Muay Thai.

I'm not sure of the exact number, but I think I have at least 100 or more combined (not including full series like Legendary Nights or Beyond the Glory, which have around 20 or more episodes each) that I can and would definitely like to share online, because I really dig watching this kind of shit. I could pretty much watch these all day

Some are common and found on Youtube, but a lot of them are not. Even the ones that are, the copies I have are usually copied from the DVDs I've got, so the quality is pretty good on most of them.

Since it's quite a list to type out, for right now I am going to just type up the MMA documentaries I have that I can upload. Whichever ones you guys would like to watch, let me know and I will upload them and post them to my blog on here, along with a little background info. I'll update this post when I get around to typing out the other documentaries I have.. I'd say I have more boxing than anything, probably including the best boxing documentaries ever made.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Anyway, here's what I have for MMA on this hard drive. Majority are in HD or standard 4:3 DVD quality and are superior to most Youtube versions that may be floating around. I've got more on other ones and I will update the list:

---------------------------------------

Arte Suave (famous documentary on BJJ lifestyle and training)

All American - Chris Weidman

BJ Penn - 90 Days

BJ Penn - Mana

Carlson Gracie - The Simple Warrior

Choke - Rickson Gracie (one of the best docs ever)

Driven - Jens Pulver

Fedor - Before the Battle (Russian TV documentary done before the Hendo fight)

Fedor - The Baddest Man on the Planet (documentary done by Fox Sports Net (haha) before the Arlovski fight. English)

Fight Quest - all episodes (a show where Bellator commentator Jimmy Smith trains in a different discipline on each episodes, from BJJ, to Muay Thai, Boxing, Savate, and a bunch of other shit. BJJ episode features Rickson)

Frank Shamrock - Bound by Blood

Gracies in Action vol 1 and 2

The Gracies - the Birth of Vale Tudo (one of the best docs out there on the family history. 20 minute segments going over the each notable member from Carlos, Helio, Rolls, Rickson, Renzo, etc.. This one is very rare and not available online, private torrents are all dead)

Genki Sudo Japanese TV documentary (Japanese w/ English subtitles. 45 mins. Really cool look at his life post fight career, and his philosophies)

Helio Gracie - Biography (Portuguese with English subtitles)

Igor Vovchanchyn - Russian TV documentary (this is available online and I'd simply share it here. It's awesome and follows his life post fighting career, showing him training with kids, his restaurant and more)

GSP - Rush to the Top

Like Water - Anderson Silva

Mark Hunt - The Art of Fighting

Mirko CroCop - Croatian TV documentary featuring his life leading up to the Fedor fight (no subs, but fascinating and understandable enough to enjoy without them)

Once I Was A Champion - Evan Tanner

PRIDE Decade (epic 2 hour documentary covering all of PRIDE's first 10 years and features lots of commentary from guys like Barnett, Don Frye, and many other legends of the sport, going over the entire history of PRIDE from the beginning. This is on Youtube in garbage quality, and I have it in 720p HD. a must watch for any PRIDE fan)

Potent (cool documentary/interview shoot with guys like Bas Rutten, Hendo, Bang Ludwig and more, talking about the sport and their careers

Renzo Gracie - Legacy (covering Renzo's life, featuring guys like Ralph, Ryan and others, over a 10 year period. I have the HD DVD, and along with the main film, there are tons of extras - Lots of backstage PRIDE footage, Renzo's training camp leading up to his BJ fight, Renzo discussing the Oleg match and the fight itself, Danaher & Renzo rolling footage, Renzo giving a tour of his home, ETC)

Rites of Passage (an early MMA/NHB doc following guys like Randleman, Enson, Coleman, Frank, Randy and more)

Rorion Gracie - UFC Legends (Brazilian TV documentary, profiling Rorion and his life, his family history, and the creation of the UFC. English subtitles, really rare and awesome)

Takedown - The DNA of GSP

The Fall of Chute Boxe (Brazilian documentary with English subs chronicling the history and downfall of the famous gym from Curitiba)

The Legendary Rickson Gracie (rare Japanese TV doc, in English)

The Notorious Conor McGregor

The Smashing Machine (you probably have already seen/already know how great this is.. perhaps the definitive MMA doc. Fairly easily available, but I'd be happy to share my copy)

The Striking Truth (80 min doc that follows GSP and David Loiseau as they prepare for their upcoming fights against Rich Franklin and BJ Penn at UFC 58)

UFC Bad Blood - Dana White vs Tito Ortiz (haha, the famous documentary following Dana around as he trained for his boxing match with Tito that never happened. Sadly, this is in 720p also)

UFC Round Table - Champions & Legends (2 different round table sit downs, 22 minutes each, going over each fighter's time in the sport. Featuring Royce, Coleman, Tito, Randy, Chuck, Jones, Mir, Forrest)

Unrestricted - UFC 148 (45 minute documentary about the lead up, backstage and aftermath of the card that featured Anderson vs Chael 2)

Ultimate Chuck Liddell (70 minute documentary about Chuck's career)

Ultimate Royce Gracie (90 minute documentary about Royce and the first 5 UFCs)

Ultimate Tank Abbott (absolutely hilarious and ridiculous hour long video that is nothing like the other 2 "Ultimates" above. Tank and his friend Big Al, along with a bunch of Tank's cronies, get super drunk in a bar, for real, and talk silly shit while recapping Tank's carer. They then provide drunken commentary over Tank's early UFC fights, and Tank mocks basically every person he destroys, drinking the entire time. Legendary video)

---------------------------------------

So, obviously this is a lot to go through.. This took me fucking forever to even type out this list, and it's probably 1/3 of what I have. But if this is something you are interested in, take your time and check it out, and let me know what you would like to see. I can upload at least one a day, probably more, and will start whenever you guys want to watch something.

As I said, I will update the MMA list with anything else I find, and by tomorrow I will post up what I have for boxing, kickboxing and more.

If you guys dig these types of docs as much as I do, I think you'll really enjoy these. And if you've seen them already, almost all of em are worth watching again.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I would love to see the one on Renzo Gracie uploaded when you have time, Galanis. Great stuff my man!

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
That Igor V would be awesome...once aagain GMan delivers..btw who is ur avatar pic i could never gt good look...

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
This is perfect, thanks Galanis. I'm in for pretty much everyone of them that you're able to share.

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Like bird said in like an OBGYN...any would be awesome

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Random question

How do I embed youtube vids on here? The amazing Igor V doc is already up so I can just share that one. I'll upload the Renzo stuff tonight, but there is 14 videos in total (including bonus features, prob 3 hours of stuff). I'll try to get it all up on my account before tomorrow AM

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Im no help pn vid upload bud...thx cnt wait see these

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
^^^^

Just paste the YouTube, Daily Motion, Vimeo link and the software will auto embed it.

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
BirdWatcher;n8424 said:
^^^^

Right click on the YouTube video and select get embed code. On the forum click on the A then select the movie icon, third row second from far right, then paste the code there and that should do it.
Vetttt..thx..ive been struggling tryin this..lookn like a amputee folding laundry...no bueno

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
ECC170;n8428 said:
Vetttt..thx..ive been struggling tryin this..lookn like a amputee folding laundry...no bueno
Just paste the YouTube, Daily Motion, Vimeo link and the software will auto embed the content.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Awesome. Here is the Igor doc. Make sure to hit "CC" on the player to get the English subtitles. I think they play automatically, but if they don't, use that

If you guys have any problems with this let me know.. Should work. This is one of my favorite things I've seen because footage like this of Igor is so rare and doesn't really exist. Well worth watching and cool as fuck

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydrmozZCQBQ

Hopefully a few more people reply/are interested in this. It's a lot of effort but would be well worth it to share this shit because any fight fan would love the stuff I have. Leme know what else you guys might wanna see (ECC, since the Igor V doc is here, anything else you are interested in?)

I'll post up my boxing list tonight.

teamquestnorth

Lindland never cheated
Jan 27, 2015
I've never seen that Choke documentary and always heard good things about it. The Evan Tanner one would be cool too. Thanks

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Sorry dudes I got side tracked by writing the UFC 1 thing and taking those pics

If don't have at least one doc up by the end of the night, tomorrow I will have all the ones asked for in this thread.

Choke is amazing, doesn't just follow Rickson (altho hes the main focus).. really the most in depth look ever at an NHB tournament that early on in the sport (1995). Plus shows most fights in full... It's really great. Great motivation to train and shit

TQN I also have another Tanner short film about the exact day he died with lots of info from the coroner and police people that dealt with it. That one was pulled offline shortly after it came up but I grabbed it. I think I like it more than Once I Was A Champ when it comes to the coverage of Evan's death and what happens. The detail is astounding... and in the end very sad.

I'm sure you're already well aware of all that happened of course but it's still a must watch for sure.

Hope all is well with you bro. You betting on 183 at all? If so.. got any picks?

Peace

Captain America

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
That's an impressive list, I'm excited to watch all of these. Thank you so much for the taking the te to do this!

My brother and I have a cameo in Unrestricted-UFC 148, haha! It was when the UFC first started doing their annual Fan Expo, a couple of UGers managed to arrange a meet-and-great with Dana White. They cover this in the doc, and show probably 5-10 min of footage on it. During that scene, you can clearly see my brother and I! He's the tall, akward looking teenager, and I'm the fat guy in a cowboy hat.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
thats quite the list. id really like to see the bj penn ones and mark hunt. the renzo one was great as was jens pulver driven. i really enjoyed the fight quest series .i would like to see the evan tanner doc as well

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Shit guys. I forgot to add the boxing and kickboxing ones to the list

Will get around to that today as well. Been super busy with various content for the site (including some interviews coming soon), that I forgot. But I will have it done for sure.. The boxing docs are my fave also, you guys will love that stuff

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Google to see if its on youtube.
Consider http://instantwatcher.com/ to see if its on netflix (sweet site for other netflix searching too)
What documentaries have you really enjoyed? Controversial? Interesting? Whatever...

Dear Zachary
94% critic/96% Audience Rotten Tomatoes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC2VLbpjQqM
Fuck, I don't even know what to say about this. It's amazing and you'll be FURIOUS by the end of it.

Man on Wire
100% Critic/87% Audience RT
http://www.netflix.com/WiMovie/70084167?trkid=3565916
Man decides, fuck it, I'm going to walk a titerope between the twin tours. Amazing storyteller mixed with archived footage

Restrepo
96%/88% RT
http://www.netflix.com/WiMovie/70129360?trkid=3565916
Really hard watch if you've ever served in the military or had someone close that has. On the ground footage of troops in Afghanistan and the hope/futility involved in so much of the campaign.

Jiro Dreams of Sushi
99%/91 RT
http://www.netflix.com/WiMovie/70181716?trkid=3565916
Jiro is a baller ass Sushi Chef. You think you care about ANYTHING in life as much as Jiro cares about sushi? Nope. Its a movie about sushi, but its really a move about learning to be close to perfect at any skill.

Hot Coffee
87% RT
http://www.netflix.com/WiMovie/70167106?trkid=3565916
Some lady drops coffee in her lap and sues. References entered the lexicon of American culture as an easy reference to frivolous lawsuits. The reality is completely different.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Something about that shit fasciniates me. I don't know what it is

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Love me some Gangland! Also big on Italian mafia documentaries as well.