Sports TMMAC Football (Soccer) Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
yeah great game.

Premier League is fuckin' awesome. watching brazilian domestic soccer afterwards is depressing. like it's a different sport.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Arsenal have sold Walcott to Everton, I reckon Sanchez will be gone next.

Worst season in forever, I'm actually happy he's gone.

Limpy

Banned
Oct 20, 2015
Depends if the Ancelotti rumours are true or not, I've stuck with Wenger but I'm sick of him not spending money. Ozil's our best player, I'll be gutted if he pisses off.
Why would he stay? Ancelotti could bring some names in if he replaces Wenger but I can’t see the Arsenal board getting rid of him. Wenger is Arsenal.

Ancelotti is a great manager, what he did in one season at Chelsea was phenomenal. If he comes in in August it’s not enough time in the transfer window to change the team. By January the season could already be lost. He would have to come quick.

I can’t see Arsenal finishing top four so bringing in top players next year will be harder.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Why would he stay? Ancelotti could bring some names in if he replaces Wenger but I can’t see the Arsenal board getting rid of him. Wenger is Arsenal.

Ancelotti is a great manager, what he did in one season at Chelsea was phenomenal. If he comes in in August it’s not enough time in the transfer window to change the team. By January the season could already be lost. He would have to come quick.

I can’t see Arsenal finishing top four so bringing in top players next year will be harder.
He's got to go now, we're not going to win The Europa so we're not going to qualify for Champions League. We need a change, and I think a complete wipe the slate clean and start from scratch approach would do us some good. This season's a write off, we just need to think about next year now.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Arsenal have been preparing for life after Wenger for a while now. We've brought in Sven Mislintat as head of recruitment, a former top scout at Dortmund and responsible for finding a lot of their gems. He's already brought in one 20 y/o defender, a greek, called Kristanos Mavropanos. We've also brought in an ex Barca director of football to handle contracts and transfers. Which is essentially a director of football, but split between two people, something Wenger said as recently as summer 2016 that he would never have.

As for right now, we might be getting Mkhi in a swap deal with Man Utd for Sanchez, then also we've agreed personal terms with Aubameyang from Dortmund, but now need to agree a fee with them. It will likely be somewhere between 60-70mil euros. Walcott's replacement is looking at being Malcom, a young Brazilian from Bordeaux who looks quality. We're doing a lot of business this Jan, business that should have been done in the summer, which leads me to believe that Wenger isn't calling the shots anymore.

I think it's likely that the plan when renewing Wenger's contract was to give him a two year deal, but bring in the backroom staff necessary to modernize the club, and then find a replacement after one year. The two year deal would be to stop the amount of media circus around the club with will he stay or go that plagued the club at the end of last season. Without the modernization the club would have risked doing what Man United did when Fergie left, but the poor performances are risking that anyway, so Wenger is being sidelined a little early - ready for the change at the end of the season.

Last edited:

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Arsenal have been preparing for life after Wenger for a while now. We've brought in Sven Mislintat as head of recruitment, a former top scout at Dortmund and responsible for finding a lot of their gems. He's already brought in one 20 y/o defender, a greek, called Kristanos Mavropanos. We've also brought in an ex Barca director of football to handle contracts and transfers. Which is essentially a director of football, but split between two people, something Wenger said as recently as summer 2016 that he would never have.

As for right now, we might be getting Mkhi in a swap deal with Man Utd for Sanchez, then also we've agreed personal terms with Aubamayang from Dortmund, but now need to agree a fee with them. It will likely be somewhere between 60-70mil euros. Walcott's replacement is looking at being Malcom, a young Brazilian from Bordeaux who looks quality. We're doing a lot of business this Jan, business that should have been done in the summer, which leads me to believe that Wenger isn't calling the shots anymore.

I think it's likely that the plan when renewing Wenger's contract was to give him a two year deal, but bring in the backroom staff necessary to modernize the club, and then find a replacement after one year. The two year deal would be to stop the amount of media circus around the club with will he stay or go that plagued the club at the end of last season. Without the modernization the club would have risked doing what Man United did when Fergie left, but the poor performances are risking that anyway, so Wenger is being sidelined a little early - ready for the change at the end of the season.
Wow, school me why don’t you?! lol.
I didn’t know half of that.

I’ve been a huge advocate of Wenger but I’m tired of it now.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I became a fan of Arsenal when Rioch signed Bergkamp and Bruce didn't hang around for long, so all I've really known is Wenger. I'm ready for the new era now.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Wow, school me why don’t you?! lol.
I didn’t know half of that.

I’ve been a huge advocate of Wenger but I’m tired of it now.
Wenger will always be a legend, but it's time to say goodbye now, thanks for everything.

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
I am a huge fan of the stability that european teams (usually) give their coaches but Wenger has already stayed at least one or two seasons too long. the team has been hopeless in the last couple years.

For the most of his tenure though Arsenal was one of the most exciting teams to watch in the world and they had some legendary stretches of bad luck getting the worst posible draws in the Champions League and having half the team falling to injuries year after year.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I am a huge fan of the stability that european teams (usually) give their coaches but Wenger has already stayed at least one or two seasons too long. the team has been hopeless in the last couple years.

For the most of his tenure though Arsenal was one of the most exciting teams to watch in the world and they had some legendary stretches of bad luck getting the worst posible draws in the Champions League and having half the team falling to injuries year after year.
Never going to happen but Thierry and Dennis have passed their manager exams or whatever you want to call it. They’re so Arsenal I wouldn’t mind either of them at the helm.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
We just sold Giroud to Chelsea! Fuck! I know I said wipe the slate clean and start again but he was our stick him on for the last 20 minutes saviour to get us out of the woods and score. I was fine with Theo being sold, and Sanchez didn't seem too fussed with playing for us but we've just sold so many goals to our main rivals, not abroad.

Fuck this.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
We just sold Giroud to Chelsea! Fuck! I know I said wipe the slate clean and start again but he was our stick him on for the last 20 minutes saviour to get us out of the woods and score. I was fine with Theo being sold, and Sanchez didn't seem too fussed with playing for us but we've just sold so many goals to our main rivals, not abroad.

Fuck this.
We got Aubameyang and Ozil signed a new contract. Talk about maybe getting Kosta Manolas from Roma, too.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
We got Aubameyang and Ozil signed a new contract. Talk about maybe getting Kosta Manolas from Roma, too.
Getting rid of Sanchez and giroud and signing PEA feels like a loss to me.

But let's be honest. Arsenal are on the slide and have been for a while, they need to be rid of Wenger and build in all areas.

Ozil is a goggle eyed cunt too. Never been a fan of him

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Chuffed about both of those, I don't know too much about Aubameyang but reading his credentials he looks like a great signing. Anyone from Roma gets my vote, my favourite ITalian team, seen them a few times.

I'm really pissed off about Giroud to Chelsea though. Damn.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015

But let's be honest. Arsenal are on the slide and have been for a while, they need to be rid of Wenger and build in all areas.

We got Mkhi too. Wenger needs to leave, but that won't happen until the end of the season. As for Sanchez, he was a hindrance to arsenal this season, losing the ball up to 30 times a match.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015

He's grown into his eyes over the years and he's our best player. Just happy we have Lacazette and Wellbeck.

Arsenal have been on the slide for years now, you're right. Crashing out of the FA Cup did me in a treat.