TMMAC Member AMA: @PriziestHorse

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Have you seen the movie?
Yes, awesome movie IMO. I just rember this scene and thinking wtf is going on here....I don't meam that like it was bad but I was just waiting for DDL to murder him right there. He got his after which I was glad to see but that scene was putting me off with the preached dudes lines. By no means do I consider myself a movie buff so when people have scene they claim GOAT I'm genuinly curious as to what they are seeing that I'm not.

OhWhopDaChamp

TMMAC Addict
Apr 20, 2015
I tripped a little bit one time when I took a couple ambien and forced myself to stay awake. It's not even close to the connectivity you will feel with the universe on shrooms. Find some honky hippie and get it done!
my crazy could be unleashed tho. I need to get some and then go off somewhere on vacation or some shit. I don't want anybody to see.

Priziesthorse

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Yes, awesome movie IMO. I just rember this scene and thinking wtf is going on here....I don't meam that like it was bad but I was just waiting for DDL to murder him right there. He got his after which I was glad to see but that scene was putting me off with the preached dudes lines. By no means do I consider myself a movie buff so when people have scene they claim GOAT I'm genuinly curious as to what they are seeing that I'm not.

Ok so to answer wtf is going on here....Daniel wants Bandy's land for his pipeline. He tries making him a lowball offer which Daniel is used to men taking due to their shortsighted greed. Bandy gives zero fucks and will only give him the land if he is baptized by Eli's church. So far throughout the movie we see Daniel as a man with only serving motives so of course he finally agrees to do it. There's a cool shot that happens now where the camera follows Daniel down the aisle up on the stage next to Eli. He drops down on his knees and there is a closeup of Daniel. The bright light shines through the giant cross on the wall down on Daniel's oil slicked hair. He's going through the motions trying to put on a good show reciting the lines Eli yells at him hoping it will be over soon. Eli is not going to make it easy. He wants a little payback for earlier in the movie when Daniel slapped him up and threw him in the mud. Louder and louder he yells at him forcing Daniel to be humiliated in front of the congregation. Now for a brief moment, for the first time in the movie, Daniel breaks. "Ive abandoned my child! Ive abandoned my child! Ive abandoned my boy!" He sounds, looks, and feels nakedly sincere. His guilt for sending away his kid cannot be masked by the absolute distaste he has for the confession he is being subjected to. This adds critical depth to his character. He may not be just a self-serving hypocrite. The audience now has a reason to root for Daniel. This only lasts for a few seconds and then Daniel goes back to putting on a show. I think it was cut out of the youtube clip I posted but after Daniel gets slapped up, he stands up and shakes Eli's hand and whispers something into his ear. We can't hear it, but Eli has a nervous look on his face. This sets up the final scene of the movie perfectly.

I'm not really good at articulating my thoughts lol, but there's probably some good analysis online that you can find if you're really interested.

OhWhopDaChamp

TMMAC Addict
Apr 20, 2015
Horsey. Pick the next person! Or do you want to keep going until Sunday? Usually folks get a week of questions

Priziesthorse

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
my crazy could be unleashed tho. I need to get some and then go off somewhere on vacation or some shit. I don't want anybody to see.
I would recommend doing it with someone else, preferably with someone who has done it before just in case you try doing some crazy shit lol.

One time I did it with a group of friends at one of their beach houses in the winter. No one was around so we had privacy. There was a construction site next to where we were. My friend Tucc goes over to the construction site and finds a shovel and wheel barrel. He walks it over to me and whispers in my ear, "we can use this to bury Rob's body." Rob was with us too lol. I snapped out of my trip immediately.

OhWhopDaChamp

TMMAC Addict
Apr 20, 2015
I would recommend doing it with someone else, preferably with someone who has done it before just in case you try doing some crazy shit lol.

One time I did it with a group of friends at one of their beach houses in the winter. No one was around so we had privacy. There was a construction site next to where we were. My friend Tucc goes over to the construction site and finds a shovel and wheel barrel. He walks it over to me and whispers in my ear, "we can use this to bury Rob's body." Rob was with us too lol. I snapped out of my trip immediately.
So you don't get completely helpless to the high? That's what I'm scared of. With drink and pills you can always just pass out or throw up if you need to sober up some

Priziesthorse

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
So you don't get completely helpless to the high? That's what I'm scared of. With drink and pills you can always just pass out or throw up if you need to sober up some
You will come out of your trips for maybe a couple minutes but then go right back in. There's no escaping it for like 4-5 hours no matter what. That freaks a lot of people out their first time. They start panicking and have a bad trip. You have to commit to it.

OhWhopDaChamp

TMMAC Addict
Apr 20, 2015
You will come out of your trips for maybe a couple minutes but then go right back in. There's no escaping it for like 4-5 hours no matter what. That freaks a lot of people out their first time. They start panicking and have a bad trip. You have to commit to it.
Yeah I'm gonna have to find somebody I wouldn't mind terribly if they fucked me while I was high as Cootie Brown

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Ok so to answer wtf is going on here....Daniel wants Bandy's land for his pipeline. He tries making him a lowball offer which Daniel is used to men taking due to their shortsighted greed. Bandy gives zero fucks and will only give him the land if he is baptized by Eli's church. So far throughout the movie we see Daniel as a man with only serving motives so of course he finally agrees to do it. There's a cool shot that happens now where the camera follows Daniel down the aisle up on the stage next to Eli. He drops down on his knees and there is a closeup of Daniel. The bright light shines through the giant cross on the wall down on Daniel's oil slicked hair. He's going through the motions trying to put on a good show reciting the lines Eli yells at him hoping it will be over soon. Eli is not going to make it easy. He wants a little payback for earlier in the movie when Daniel slapped him up and threw him in the mud. Louder and louder he yells at him forcing Daniel to be humiliated in front of the congregation. Now for a brief moment, for the first time in the movie, Daniel breaks. "Ive abandoned my child! Ive abandoned my child! Ive abandoned my boy!" He sounds, looks, and feels nakedly sincere. His guilt for sending away his kid cannot be masked by the absolute distaste he has for the confession he is being subjected to. This adds critical depth to his character. He may not be just a self-serving hypocrite. The audience now has a reason to root for Daniel. This only lasts for a few seconds and then Daniel goes back to putting on a show. I think it was cut out of the youtube clip I posted but after Daniel gets slapped up, he stands up and shakes Eli's hand and whispers something into his ear. We can't hear it, but Eli has a nervous look on his face. This sets up the final scene of the movie perfectly.

I'm not really good at articulating my thoughts lol, but there's probably some good analysis online that you can find if you're really interested.
Thoughts were articulated well man. I fully remember what was going on plot wise but I never looked into the "His guilt for sending away hiskid cannot bemasked by the absolute distaste he has for the confession he is being subjected to. This adds critical depth to his character. He may not be just a self-serving hypocrite. The audience now has a reason to root for Daniel."

In my mind it was a pivotal point during the movie but you did a good job as why it was. I need to get back into movies...

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Hahaha it's nothing like either of those things. If you end up coming to Dallas for work we'll have an adventure.

OhWhopDaChamp

TMMAC Addict
Apr 20, 2015
I was thinking about jerking off before I interview Patricio Pitbull but after I heard my cousin fucking I just can't. It'd be like some incest shit. Now I'm gonna hit on Patricio in front of his manager and embarrass myself. Damn