Society TMMAC Travel Guide - Cities

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
NY, NY

Pros:
Da pizza
Endless things to do for just about any interests

Cons:
Everything else. Expensive, dirty, crowded, rude cunts. Not for me.
There next week.

Pros:
I dig a NewYork checkered tablecloth Italian restaurant.

My favourite fabric store is there.

New York at Christmas is awesome.

FAO Schwartz. You get to play on the gigantic floor piano from Big.

People don’t take their time to get shit done.

Cons:

I’ve got so used to California now, I am going to freeze my ass off.

Last edited:

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Bend Oregon is very nice...dry desert climate, and the city is on a river flowing thru said desert...gets a lot of days of sunshine yearly at 250+...great people very active...great Ski resorts and amazing locations in the area...3 hours from ocean

Can't speak for Portland, cause I don't like it...Huge
no picture cause no review

Eugene, set in the confluence of two rivers in the southern end of the fertile willamette valley...forests 5-10 minutes drive on 3 sides...weather can be dark, just above freezing, and rainy for a spell in the winter, that is the biggest Con...the summers are insanely nice weather, not too hot not too cold...Eugene is 60 minutes from anything from ocean, mountains, waterfalls, Rivers, deep woods, etc....Location is amazing.

Last edited:

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Derby, UK.

Pros.

Plenty of sticky finger Action
Lots of crazy bums to look at
Some decent restaurants.

Cons
Crazy bums trying to rob you
Land of the sheep shaggers
An absolute shithole, an eyesore to look at.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
K. Chiang Mai.
This is the only place i’ve been to in Thailand so this is potentially the same as the rest of Thailand.

Pros:
Although obviously very ostentatious and pretty gaudy there is something really very calming and peaceful about the temples. Even the ones in the middle of the city, and although they are gaudy, they’re also alarmingly beautiful as well.

I’m a Thai food nut. This is specifically why I chose Chiang Mai as it’s known to be the foodie capital of Thailand. It hasn’t disappointed at all. The only thing I’ve eaten that I wasn’t crazy about was mango with sticky rice and hotel room service,

The cost of everything. It is so damned cheap. Wine is really the only thing I’ve found to be expensive but it’s still cheaper than in California. I need to go out to buy another suitcase before going home because I’ve bought so much stuff...for next to nothing. The suitcases are dirt cheap too.

The night markets are amazing.

Pros for guys, the good looking women are stunningly good looking women.

Really easy to find a cab or a tuk tuk. Again, cheap as fuck.

The people in the service industry are ridiculously nice, and it seems genuine.

Playing with elephants in the hills.

I haven’t seen much homelessness but it’s so terrible in San Jose that I may have become numb to it.

Weird shit like hedgehog cafes.

Cons:
You do get harassed a lot if you show the slightest interest at buying something. All you have to do is stop at a stall and they won’t leave you alone. Sure it’s genuine Cartier, mate.

I’m used to the heat but it’s a different heat here, it really tries you out.

The accent. The women sound really whiny. “Sawadee kaaaaaaaaaaa” the ka goes on forever. They probably think I sound weird too.

The toilets in some establishments leave a lot to be desired and I get really icky about stuff like that.

I have to leave here tomorrow, i’ve loved it.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
K. Chiang Mai.
This is the only place i’ve been to in Thailand so this is potentially the same as the rest of Thailand.

Pros:
Although obviously very ostentatious and pretty gaudy there is something really very calming and peaceful about the temples. Even the ones in the middle of the city, and although they are gaudy, they’re also alarmingly beautiful as well.

I’m a Thai food nut. This is specifically why I chose Chiang Mai as it’s known to be the foodie capital of Thailand. It hasn’t disappointed at all. The only thing I’ve eaten that I wasn’t crazy about was mango with sticky rice and hotel room service,

The cost of everything. It is so damned cheap. Wine is really the only thing I’ve found to be expensive but it’s still cheaper than in California. I need to go out to buy another suitcase before going home because I’ve bought so much stuff...for next to nothing. The suitcases are dirt cheap too.

The night markets are amazing.

Pros for guys, the good looking women are stunningly good looking women.

Really easy to find a cab or a tuk tuk. Again, cheap as fuck.

The people in the service industry are ridiculously nice, and it seems genuine.

Playing with elephants in the hills.

I haven’t seen much homelessness but it’s so terrible in San Jose that I may have become numb to it.

Weird shit like hedgehog cafes.

Cons:
You do get harassed a lot if you show the slightest interest at buying something. All you have to do is stop at a stall and they won’t leave you alone. Sure it’s genuine Cartier, mate.

I’m used to the heat but it’s a different heat here, it really tries you out.

The accent. The women sound really whiny. “Sawadee kaaaaaaaaaaa” the ka goes on forever. They probably think I sound weird too.

The toilets in some establishments leave a lot to be desired and I get really icky about stuff like that.

I have to leave here tomorrow, i’ve loved it.

otaku1

TMMAC Addict
Jul 16, 2015
So, I had always thought Sydney was the cultural hub of Stralia. Tell me about Sydney.
Sydney has something in common with Vancouver I heard.
Let you guess
Artificial demand for real estate stimulated by large influx of capital from overseas (aka one specific country)
Australian government just happy to oblige. (well they're slowly waking up apparently)

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Addendum to Chiang Mai cons.
I’ve gone through one can and one pump action bug spray and I’m still being bitten something fierce

I’m at Thai boxing for my final night and I’ve been got 3 times already even though I’ve sprayed myself twice

M

member 3289

Gaza City

Pros:

- Fireworks shows more than once or twice a year
- Learn survival skills (if you don't die)

Cons:

- World's largest open-air prison
- High civilian death rate
- Malnutrition
- Insufficient medical/emergency services
- World ignores your suffering

@Lars

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015
Bend Oregon is very nice...dry desert climate, and the city is on a river flowing thru said desert...gets a lot of days of sunshine yearly at 250+...great people very active...great Ski resorts and amazing locations in the area...3 hours from ocean

Eugene, set in the confluence of two rivers in the southern end of the fertile willamette valley...forests 5-10 minutes drive on 3 sides...weather can be dark, just above freezing, and rainy for a spell in the winter, that is the biggest Con...the summers are insanely nice weather, not too hot not too cold...Eugene is 60 minutes from anything from ocean, mountains, waterfalls, Rivers, deep woods, etc....Location is amazing.

Bend looks like a beautiful spot, same for Eugene.

One of the main reasons I want to visit the states is the wilderness, amazing country.

No interest in the likes of N.Y or any of the big cities, Vegas maybe, mostly for the mountains.

M

member 1013

Gaza City

Pros:

- Fireworks shows more than once or twice a year
- Learn survival skills (if you don't die)

Cons:

- World's largest open-air prison
- High civilian death rate
- Malnutrition
- Insufficient medical/emergency services
- World ignores your suffering

@Lars
You think they’re your friends. It’s funny. They’d jihad you in a heartbeat. Bet you’d like that wouldn’t ya!!!

M

member 3289

Liverpool, England

Pros:

- Fun nightlife
- Loose women
- Hospitals very good at treating stab wounds

Cons:

- Nearly incomprehensible dialect
- Crime on a 3rd-world level
- Unlikely to visit without being stabbed

M

member 1013

Where’s the desert

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Where’s the desert
High desert climate actually...not Sahara desert type climate
Bend the City has the Deschutes River running thru it and so it appears a bit more lush than if you are just out of town.
Smith Rock below

Just out of Town...some trees but mostly scrub brush and dryness

John Day Fossil Beds(amazing)

Fort Rock

M

member 1013

Bend the City has the Deschutes River running thru it and so it appears a bit more lush than if you are just out of town.
Smith Rock below

Fort Rock
The high desert is nice.

The Negev is best

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Smith Rock below

Fort Rock
Breathtaking

deschutes has a tight brewery too

M

member 3289

Eilat, Israel

Pros:
Beautiful beaches on the Red Sea. Coral reefs and dolphins abound.
Amazing weather
Beautiful
Peaceful

Cons:
None. It is the promised land.
How many Muslims had to die for Israel to acquire that?