TMMAC Weed thoughts

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

What should the legal status of marijuana be?

• Illegal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Available for medical use for people who are dying only

• Available for all medical use, but not recreational

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Decriminalized and treated as a drug of abuse and mental health issue

• Made fully legal for recreational use

Votes: 22 84.6%
  • Piped into air vents for compulsory stoning

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Legalize it, tax it, and be done with the charade already. Our Gov't is 30 years behind their own asses sometimes. And this is coming from someone that doesn't smoke.

WarPotato

Pretty cynical guy
Jun 25, 2015
Former smoker here - here in WA I voted to legalize. I somewhat regret it. We all know the smell is strong, and I smell it everywhere. Someday I'm guessing my kids are gonna ask what it is. That's my only gripe. I guess I should have expected that though.

teamquestnorth

Lindland never cheated
Jan 27, 2015
Former smoker here - here in WA I voted to legalize. I somewhat regret it. We all know the smell is strong, and I smell it everywhere. Someday I'm guessing my kids are gonna ask what it is. That's my only gripe. I guess I should have expected that though.
Where in Washington are u from

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Medical use is just a loophole for people to use recreationally. Just legalize the shit already. It's far less dangerous than cigarettes and tobacco.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
Up until January I was the biggest pot head around and even though I don't blaze anymore I still love it and def think it should be legal.

Ministry of Silly Walks

came in like a wrecking ball
First 100
Amateur Fighter
Jan 15, 2015
legalize, and regulate it like alcohol. if the price is low enough, there will be no illegal market. drug dealers don't card.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Right on the outskirts of Tacoma
I'm sorry :-(

---------------------

De-criminalized

I agree with Leigha that all drugs should be decriminalized.
The way I figure it, I am a natural living man on earth by way of divinity.
The consequences of my actions not involving others are mine alone.
I had a father already. I'm the boss now.

BJTT_Pella

I want to go fishing.
Jun 25, 2015
I'm sorry :-(

---------------------

De-criminalized

I agree with Leigha that all drugs should be decriminalized.
The way I figure it, I am a natural living man on earth by way of divinity.
The consequences of my actions not involving others are mine alone.
I had a father already. I'm the boss now.
This is an interesting point of view. Do you believe that ALL drugs should be legal for consumption and that it should be the individuals right and responsibility to regulate them self? Or does the Government have the right to tell you what substances you can and cannot put in your body?

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
This is an interesting point of view. Do you believe that ALL drugs should be legal for consumption and that it should be the individuals right and responsibility to regulate them self? Or does the Government have the right to tell you what substances you can and cannot put in your body?

All drugs should be de-criminalized, yes. I shouldn't need to go to my government for treatment of anything, unless they poison me.

BJTT_Pella

I want to go fishing.
Jun 25, 2015
All drugs should be de-criminalized, yes. I shouldn't need to go to my government for treatment of anything, unless they poison me.
Im not disagreeing with you. Just not totally agreeing with you. Or Im just confused on what to agree with. Weed should be legal. Some things shouldnt be. My 9 year old daughter put it best, she has no idea i smoke weed and The subject has never come up. She has been very critical of me smoking cigarettes. I stopped smoking those awhile back. Anyways, she told me "the government makes no sense. Marijuana helps people and is illegal, cigarettes kill people and are legal". She said she watched the DR Sanjay doc.

Should things harmful for us be legal? Who draws the harmful line and where? If I smoke and drink my entire life and end up costing the system shit tons of money, who does the burden of my choices fall on? Pretty much the gov, so they feel the need to regulate shit. I wish it were a perfect world where I had true freedom to make choices but humanity is so fucked if everything were legal we would prob be doomed much sooner than we already are. I have no idea what the long term answer for any of the shit i just said is. But i want weed legal everywhere like CO.

Ministry of Silly Walks

came in like a wrecking ball
First 100
Amateur Fighter
Jan 15, 2015
Im not disagreeing with you. Just not totally agreeing with you. Or Im just confused on what to agree with. Weed should be legal. Some things shouldnt be. My 9 year old daughter put it best, she has no idea i smoke weed and The subject has never come up. She has been very critical of me smoking cigarettes. I stopped smoking those awhile back. Anyways, she told me "the government makes no sense. Marijuana helps people and is illegal, cigarettes kill people and are legal". She said she watched the DR Sanjay doc.
sanjay gupta has done so much to help people that benefit from medical marijuana. i've watched all three documentaries, and my house gets dusty as hell when they show those poor babies that can't get something that works. they even have to wean that little boy off of the extremely hard drugs they had put him on.

BJTT_Pella

I want to go fishing.
Jun 25, 2015
sanjay gupta has done so much to help people that benefit from medical marijuana. i've watched all three documentaries, and my house gets dusty as hell when they show those poor babies that can't get something that works. they even have to wean that little boy off of the extremely hard drugs they had put him on.
Ive seen them as well. I remember when i first seen him on tv. He was very anti legalization. It is great to hear him talk about his views changing once he was educated with the facts. Now his is a very strong supporter for the cause.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
I'm for legalization, because prohibition doesn't work and the vast majority of drug users aren't addicts. Prohibition of drugs, and the attitude that has been produced by that prohibition, that if you use you are an addict, and will use till your life falls apart, are wrong. The majority of people that do drink alcohol have no problems with it, but some become alcoholics, should alcohol be illegal because of it? No, they should just be given help to overcome that problem, because prohibition has been proven to not stop the use of drugs, of which alcohol is one, and prohibition causes more problems than it solves.

By legalizing these things, you can create regulation to ensure a quality of product, which is a big problem for heroin users and contributes greatly to the amount of overdoses there are. You remove the lucrative black market, which removes the gangs, and the violence which comes with them. You can tax the product to help cover any associated costs to the society, for example on health care or treatment programs, the excess of which will be a windfall for local governments to spend on improving areas. Prison systems will be massively unburdened, as drugs charges are a massive drain on resources.

Of course there are some people that say, 'but everyone will become addicts'. Really? How many of you would go out and do heroin this weekend if it was legal? I'd bet not many. The people who want to use it, already are using it, and will continue to use regardless of it being illegal. It's through education that you lower the number of users, but when it is illegal you push these users underground and away from the agencies which could educate and help them.

Free needle clinics have worked wonders in many countries, because it is a point of access to these users in which you can get them help, be that education or medical help, since an illness caught early is much cheaper to treat, than if it is left to fester and then they turn up at an ER sometime later. If you went one step further, and just gave out free drugs, then you will remove a large amount of petty crime, crime that is done to fuel addicts habits, but affects normal citizens the most. These would be your car thefts, burglaries, muggings, convenience store robberies, and crimes like that.

One of the most astounding things these studies have proven is that the life span of an addict, when you can reach out to them with systems like these, is around 3 years. By that point the majority lose interest in the drugs, and want to get on with their lives in a meaningful way, but showing them there is a way out and it is available is the key. Making them criminals just makes the problem worse.

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
I think it needs to be legalized. The war on drugs is a losing one. I think the other drugs need to be legalized too. Same with prostitution. Governments have been spending billions of dollars over decades trying to curb this but its not working. people love their cocaine. gangs are going to war killing each other trying to get it over the border. its creating violent cartels and prisons are overcrowded with weed smokers and dealers.

I say allow it. First start with Marijuana. Then Prostitution. Then go with the other drugs. Doing all at once probably wouldn't fly but over time people may realize that it too difficult trying to all at once.

There also needs to be gun regulation as well. By doing so it will not only help america but its neighbours. Mexican gangsters will hate it because it will kill the drug business down there if people just get it themselves grown in america. it will ruin the cartels there to a certain extent if europe is also gets on board. It will help the guns that are funneled into Canada from America for the people shooting each other for drug turf.

During the prohibition era, when alcohol was banned criminal activity got bad. The underground scene of people trading alcohol lead to a big problem of trying to police such activity. They've tried for too long to control something that is out control. Whenever a gangster is sent to prison another poor person takes the job hoping to make money and so on. Instead of trying to catch the criminals, its better to try and put the gangs out of business.

If a dude wants to smoke some weed whatever, why should they go to jail? If he wants to get a happy ending at a massage parlour, why should the FBI bust in through the window and kill his boner? Government needs to think about that.

Last edited: