General To The Anti-Bill Burr Crowd In Here....

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Women, dinosaurs, and the violence of the octagon.
Jan 8, 2016
Tell me your favorite comics. Now. Yes, I will be judging, and yes, my opinion is definitive.

Thank you and fuck you in advance.
Andrewsimar

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I’ve learned more about the Bible going to see Eddie Izzard than I did the whole time I was having to read it as a kid.

He’s brilliant.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Anti Bill Burr?

If that's a thing, I don't want to know those humans.
I'm not fond either. Liked him in Breaking Bad because that show was gold, but I don't find him funny.

Louis CK depresses the hell out of me too.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
I think Bill Burr's setups are decent, but his payoffs and punchlines are weak. His whiny voice doesn't help nor does his curmudgeon schtick which has been done better.

My favorites are Pryor (RIP), Murphy, Chappelle, Robin Harris (RIP), Maria Bamford and Louis CK (RIP career).

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I'm not a fan of Breaking Bad so I never made it that far I guess.

I like his bits on feminism though.
And as someone who isn't particularly a suffragette burn your bra type, his views on feminism are part of why I don't like him.

It's easy pickins humour. Not intelligent enough. Dane Cook's another one who I find to be a really lazy comedian.

Nemo?

Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Dec 2, 2015
And as someone who isn't particularly a suffragette burn your bra type, his views on feminism are part of why I don't like him.

It's easy pickins humour. Not intelligent enough. Dane Cook's another one who I find to be a really lazy comedian.
Can you point out for me where he is offensive to women? I always hear this and I don’t see it... maybe I’m an asshole but I am genuinely curious.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Can you point out for me where he is offensive to women? I always hear this and I don’t see it... maybe I’m an asshole but I am genuinely curious.
I’m not side stepping this because it was a long time ago I saw his stand up last but I really can’t remember specifics. I can just remember it not being for me. and like I said, I’m no major feminazi, it just was t funny.

Nemo?

Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Dec 2, 2015
I’m not side stepping this because it was a long time ago I saw his stand up last but I really can’t remember specifics. I can just remember it not being for me. and like I said, I’m no major feminazi, it just was t funny.
I think Bill Burr’s humour regarding the fairer sex is funny but all those men’s right’s types made everything he said like gospel and ruined it.

When I get home I’ll dig up a couple short clips and you can judge them.