Sports Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympics (7/23/21-8/8/21)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I read the same- she said "I didn't know where I was" coming off one of the apparatus and rather than risk a poor score and/or some kind of mental (or physical) break, she pulled out.

It feels like more and more athletes and other public figures are realizing no one gives a fuck about their health (how long did the US gymnastics team cover up a pedophile doctor?), so they need to be the ones to give a fuck. Combined with the rampant Dunning-Kruger epidemic in America, I can totally understand the outrage. I went on Fox News to see what the narrative would be, and the comments were telling. You get a lot of Uncle Ricos talking about how they understand pressure because they played Jr Varsity Ping Pong or something:

View attachment 42453View attachment 42454
View attachment 42455

I didn't realize there was so much denialism about mental health on the right.
i think you find it on the left/right depending on who is having the emotional/mental difficulty...there's plenty of denialism on the left about the mental health of the President, for example.

The one that gets me is the "she took a spot from someone else"/"git er done"...OK, but what was the coaching staff doing to make sure that Simone and the other athletes are in peak mental/emotional state? This isn't something where you wake up in the middle of a competition of this magnitude and say "meh, fuck it"...especially if you're competitive enough to make the Olympic team.

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015
i think you find it on the left/right depending on who is having the emotional/mental difficulty...there's plenty of denialism on the left about the mental health of the President, for example.

The one that gets me is the "she took a spot from someone else"/"git er done"...OK, but what was the coaching staff doing to make sure that Simone and the other athletes are in peak mental/emotional state? This isn't something where you wake up in the middle of a competition of this magnitude and say "meh, fuck it"...especially if you're competitive enough to make the Olympic team.
Point.

...but I think the comments about Trump's mental health from the left are that he isn't mentally healthy. Which I tend to agree with- the beautiful thing about Trump is that you don't have to wonder what he's thinking. However, CNN loves to parade psychologists on their talking heads shows and the first thing they say is "It's unethical for me to diagnose a public figure (or anyone) in absentia. But Trump is a classic Narc." This is actually called the Goldwater Rule. And then they break it LOL.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Point.

...but I think the comments about Trump's mental health from the left are that he isn't mentally healthy. Which I tend to agree with- the beautiful thing about Trump is that you don't have to wonder what he's thinking. However, CNN loves to parade psychologists on their talking heads shows and the first thing they say is "It's unethical for me to diagnose a public figure (or anyone) in absentia. But Trump is a classic Narc." This is actually called the Goldwater Rule. And then they break it LOL.
what do you think the response from the left would be if Trump, or Don Jr, tweeted that they were taking a couple days offline for "self-care"?
:)

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Was the Aussie who got silver favored to win? I thought Dressel was the favorite.
Sheepdog @Former Maycee Barber Fan nevermind. Just saw that Chalmers won gold in 2016 and was one of the favorites. Damn close this time.

Americans are probably the only ones able to watch this, but damn did it get dusty when they show Dressel's family at the end.

View: https://youtu.be/yxkPEFKoe80
Chalmers was slight favourite before the heats, Dressel had moved into favourite before the final. I bet on Dressel at +150.

The biggest choke was the women's 4 x 200. We were paying -2500 apparently.

The next way to earn money is to bet on Australia to choke in the women's 100m and 50m.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
This is called “Dad Reflexes” in layman’s terms. You find yourself moving on ways you’ve never imagined once your offsprings health is on the line.

I can understand that.

I was a cricket bowler. Half decent. Not rapid but could swing it a lot because of my height. Plus I could turn it a bit.

I got spiked with liquid acid by a girl who pulled me and had to play about 10 hours later. It didn't go well. And since then I can't really bowl. It takes me so much concentration to actually land the ball on the right place the pace is pathetic. If I try and use a semblance of speed the ball either drops at my feet or flys past the batman's head.

Oh well. But I do get how the yips are real.

And I would never represent as a bowler even though I have friends in different clubs who would regard me as a ringer for them. I would let them down.

Im shocking now. Even though I have international stats.

You have to consider the team first.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
So it's interesting.

ROC are doing very well. Is it because they are ROC and not Russia?

nickp

Jan 12, 2018
Love the Olympics Would never have thought that the success of two working class kids riding BMX bikes one without much support from Uk sport

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
About 2 mL if that's the final "event."

Around 7-8 mL if first.

Nice. Nice work.

She's got to be happy with that. Although 10cc's is the average load. But I always thought your kugle sacs were on the small side.

In other news. We are smashing the triathlon relay.