Sports Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympics (7/23/21-8/8/21)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
I was over the moon at finishing ahead of those cheating Russian bastards

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
We didn't take over the top spot till the second-to-last day and we still barely won, but a win is a win.

View attachment 43301

39 golds is honestly pretty shit. If you divided the US gold tally by the ratio to Australian population, you end up with 3 gold medals to our 17. You do it with New Zealand, and you end up with 0.7 golds to their 7.

Obviously there are diminishing returns and this is overly simplistic, but it's still relevant. You should be winning by a lot more than you are.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
39 golds is honestly pretty shit. If you divided the US gold tally by the ratio to Australian population, you end up with 3 gold medals to our 17. You do it with New Zealand, and you end up with 0.7 golds to their 7.

Obviously there are diminishing returns and this is overly simplistic, but it's still relevant. You should be winning by a lot more than you are.
Sir. This sort of pound for pound argument is beneath you.

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
Sir. This sort of pound for pound argument is beneath you.
India still 'beat' Bermuda in the medal tally only because it got more silvers and bronzes. But using Bermuda is the best way of pointing out how utterly fucking shit a country of 1.4 Billion is at the Olympics.

The US was number 1. But it should have dominated by more.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
India still 'beat' Bermuda in the medal tally only because it got more silvers and bronzes. But using Bermuda is the best way of pointing out how utterly fucking shit a country of 1.4 Billion is at the Olympics.

The US was number 1. But it should have dominated by more.

You need muchos dough ray me to even enter the majority of Olympic sports let alone be competitive.

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
You need muchos dough ray me to even enter the majority of Olympic sports let alone be competitive.
No shit.

But India is the 3rd largest economy in the world by PPP and the 5th/6th by nominal exchange rates. If its nominal GDP hasn't already surpassed the UK, it will do so within 2 years. There are plenty of people in India with money.

Much poorer countries did much better than India. It's not simply about money.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
No shit.

But India is the 3rd largest economy in the world by PPP and the 5th/6th by nominal exchange rates. If its nominal GDP hasn't already surpassed the UK, it will do so within 2 years. There are plenty of people in India with money.

Much poorer countries did much better than India. It's not simply about money.

Your workings are wrong.

Sure there are many more people in India.

But they less competitors in Modern Pentathlon than Italy, they have less sailors in the fin or laser class boats than the UK.

I think I've lost your point tbh, if there was one

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
Your workings are wrong.

Sure there are many more people in India.

But they less competitors in Modern Pentathlon than Italy, they have less sailors in the fin or laser class boats than the UK.

I think I've lost your point tbh, if there was one
You made the point about money, I refuted it. If you can't follow that simple counter-point through, either you're drunk or just generally retarded, because you've forgotten or don't understand your own initial point.

Clearly there are issues with participation, mete. Literally the point was that India sucks at the Olympics, so by definition they have problems. It's not just simply about money, as was your initial point.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
You made the point about money, I refuted it. If you can't follow that simple counter-point through, either you're drunk or just generally retarded, because you've forgotten or don't understand your own initial point.

Clearly there are issues with participation, mete. Literally the point was that India sucks at the Olympics, so by definition they have problems. It's not just simply about money, as was your initial point.

I think I was typing out a long answer to your point on the train this morning but I stopped because I stopped caring.

You are confused and to walk you back just isn't worth it for anyone.

You win gold in the boredom olympics.