Cinema Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan Amazon TV Series

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
Starring that one dude from the show The Office, he was a badass in the movie, 13 Hours

also the Black cop from The Wire, the one who was fat and played lacrosse

almost done with the 1st season and pretty good so far

otaku1

TMMAC Addict
Jul 16, 2015
Not bad... good action and plot overall.... but has got plenty of cliches with the 'muslim seeking revenge over the West because of past injustices'.
You can tell the writers always try to excuse Islam or to show it under a positive light in order not be accused of islamophobia and the usual pc crap.

The best example is the character of the black cop. He's a muslim convert himself! It really feels forced. His narrative arc goes from not going to mosque anymore... to having finally prayed and feel really good at the end of the series. Bs.
And lets not talk about the scenes with the french cop complaining of the muslims in France while he, proud muslim, rubs his muslim rosary.
Bs again.

Bin Laden, poster boy of jihad, wasnt seeking revenge. He just hated the West. Simple as that.
And the rest of them ISIS and jihadis too.

Overall good plot though.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
Not bad... good action and plot overall.... but has got plenty of cliches with the 'muslim seeking revenge over the West because of past injustices'.
You can tell the writers always try to excuse Islam or to show it under a positive light in order not be accused of islamophobia and the usual pc crap.

The best example is the character of the black cop. He's a muslim convert himself! It really feels forced. His narrative arc goes from not going to mosque anymore... to having finally prayed and feel really good at the end of the series. Bs.
And lets not talk about the scenes with the french cop complaining of the muslims in France while he, proud muslim, rubs his muslim rosary.
Bs again.

Bin Laden, poster boy of jihad, wasnt seeking revenge. He just hated the West. Simple as that.

yea they could have done better with the characters and their stories, some cheesy parts but overall good make, especially the action scenes

feels like another version of the Homeland

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
but has got plenty of cliches with the 'muslim seeking revenge over the West because of past injustices'.
This is literally the catalyst for most Islamic extremist though. They actually wrote that in pretty well. It's probably the most accurate stereotype I've seen in film.

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
I am very interested in the good reviews because the trailer made me not want to watch it.

I actually am a massive fan of the harrison ford version of Ryan and really really enjoyed HFRO. This series seemed to miss the analyst part of it over the action, but the trailers have to sell it to the masses.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
season 2 is off to a good start a nuclear venezuela sounds scary AF . benito martinez has probably played a latino from every spanish speaking country lol it is either him john leguizamo or jimmy smits.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
the cinematography during their entrance into venezuela reminded me of sicario

Last edited:

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015

Bs again.

Yeah God forbid people actually follow a religion for religious purposes......

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
I watched the first season. Great series. I'm hoping to watch the second. Looking forward to it...
Yes it was a great season, despite the Islamophobia tainted reviews. About to start the second season.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
the parachuting into venezuela scene by black ops was good

episode 3

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Just started watching this. Pretty solid.
I'm through Season 1. About midway through Season 2.

Whenever he is shirtless, I'm still getting used to a jacked Jim Halpert. He should have lost the paper salesman haircut to complete his new image.

When they recruited the boat driver for the Venezualan forest raid and gave him the nickname Uber - I thought they were calling him Hooper at first. Like from Jaws. I think my name is way better.

1672061436748.png