Tom Lawlor expected to face Corey Anderson at UFC 197

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

A Light heavyweight battle between Tom Lawlor and Corey Anderson is expected on UFC 197.

Lawlor (10-5) said on his podcast at F4wonline.com on Monday that his next fight would be with Anderson (7-1) on the March 5 show, which will take place at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

There are a couple of ironies in this match-up. The first is that Anderson was the replacement for Lawlor, who suffered a concussion in training for a Nov. 7 fight in Sao Paulo, Brazil, where he was to face Fabio Maldonado. Anderson won that fight by a one-sided decision.

Anderson's only career loss was via TKO to Gian Villante on April 18 in Newark, N.J. Lawler's only fight over a nearly three-year period, due to knee injuries, was on July 25 in Chicago, where he beat Villante via early second-round knockout. Prior to that, Lawler's previous fight was a win over Michael Kuiper on April 6, 2013, in Stockholm, Sweden, via guillotine choke.

LINK: Tom Lawlor expected to face Corey Anderson at UFC 197

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Huge fan of Filthy Tom

If anyone hasn't heard it yet.. his podcast by does on Dave Meltzer's website, the Wrestling Observer, is fucking amazing. It's every Monday with Bryan Alvarez (BJJ black belt under Pedro Sauer, MMA and pro wrestling journalist for over 20 years, hilarious dude)... I believe it's called Filthy Four Daily. I listen every week, and love it.

The Observer is a subscription site but if you are really into the business side of the sport, it's more than worth it. No other site is so in depth as far as behind the scenes news coverage of MMA and pro wrestling, and Meltzer has been covering MMA since before the first UFC.. Even judged a bunch of early fights in the dark ages. Their podcasts rule and I hope to make mine similar to theirs! More news stories break from Dave than almost anyone.

He broke that Fedor was coming back on his podcast at like 6 am this Summer.. Their podcasts always come out really late, around 4-5 am at night, before news breaks on sites the next day. I remember laying there, listening to the podcast like usual, then with like 2 mins left (this was after a Bellator show).. Meltzer just goes "oh yea, BTW, Fedor is coming back. His people are shopping him around for a fight".

Well you guys know me, and how much I love Fedor. I'm like wait, WHAT? He dropped it casually in the convo and I had to play it back to make sure. Well, yep, it happened and they talked at length about it. He also was like "and his price tag is massive, so we'll see who gets him". Next morning, mere hours after his podcast... Every single news site starts with the "Fedor comeback" articles. All cited Dave as the source/breaker, and rightfully so. I just felt lucky, like I was one of the first people in the fan world to know about this because I heard the podcast right as it was released while most of the world was sleeping. I started flipping out. with excitement haha. So if you want breaking stories the second they hit.. Meltzer is the go to guy.

Ok sorry for the shilling guys, but seriously, Filthy's podcast with Alvarez is GOLD! Must listen stuff! He really makes great predictions.. called the Aldo/Conor fight pretty well.. and Tom is articulate and funny as fuck. If anyone does check it out leme know what ya think. There might be some episodes on Youtube. BTW, I'm not talking about the other podcast he does with FrontRowBrian, although I'm a huge fan of that as well. This one is a different Bryan (Alvarez)

Everyone knows Tom is awesome from his weigh ins/entrances/fight style//. well imagine that transitioning to a podcast and being one funny ass dude.. With a great cohost who has been doing audio shows for over 15 years.. and it's a great listen. I'm just a huge Tom Lawlor fan and wanna spread the word/support in anyway I can! He's one of my all time favorites. Wish there was more people willing to put themselves out there that way, and actually bring uniqueness, fun and character to MMA.

K podcast rant over..

Ayway WAR LAWLOR! Hope he cracks the top 10 soon.. seems like he's putting all the tools together at the right time, peaknig in his career, especially now that he's living/training full time at Syndicate in Vegas. Lawlor 2.0 is a dangerous dude. That KO of Villante was a thing of beauty.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Also.. lol @ MMA Fighting writing both "Lawlor" and "Lawler"... my phone kept auto correcting his name to Lawler as well when I wrote the above msg, probably because I was texting a ton with my cousin after the Condit fight last week, talking about how insane it was and how much we enjoyed each round

So I had to go back and fix like, five different "Lawler"s. Just found it funny that MMA Fighting did the same thing, and used both in the same article,

Last edited:

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Want to push for Tom but he never answers us.

Im gonna wait
Tom is the fucking man.. and also probably an insanely busy dude. So even if he doesn't post much here, he is more than worthy of fan support. Trust me, this dude rules. Exciting fighter, funny as fuck, but my god dude - have you not seen this before?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXnwUWWot1E

Greatest entrances/weigh ins EVER. I mean any man who shows up to the UFC 100 weigh ins doing THIS? Out of all the tributes, possible, on the UFC's most glorious night, he goes out and honors JUST BLEED GUY?!

This is a man who deserves not only fan support, but WORSHIP.. lol, he is one of us. A super hardcore MMA fan who loves the history of the sport and pays tribute to it time and time again. His Dan Severn entrance with the shirt wiping his arm pits/face might be the GOAT moment in weigh in history.

Epic. Don't make me bring up the time he came out to Hulk Hogan's theme song and tore his t shirt in half. He is a god among mortals.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Oh and one last quick thing..

Of course, Reebok has basically ruined/taken away Tom's whole gimmick, for both weigh in night and the fights. Another wonderful part of that deal, putting the kabosh on one of the most unique guys in the UFC's act that people really love..

Good job BLAF.

Dude....I was just messing....But He needs to say hello more...If I talk to Renzo and he has time then?

I love Tom...He is fucking awesome and an entertainer...More hellos would garner a lot more fans.

Hi Tom :leftright: