Tomorrow we drill water well #20 in Congo!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

TheBigPygmy/JustinWren

Professional Fighter
Pro Fighter
Jan 24, 2015
My wife just sent me encouragement while I'm in Congo, packing my gear bag and loading the water well equipment... She sent me this picture from my Twitter feed (@JustinTheViking) of me updating @JoeRogan on our progress.

A year ago yesterday we had completed our second water well among the Pygmies! Tomorrow our Fight For The Forgotten well drillers are tackling #20!

I'm a happy guy, super encouraged right now... And that is a good and rare thing in Eastern Congo (237 people were just hacked up by machetes in Oicha a few days ago. The massacre was only 3-5 kilometers from one of our water wells at an orphanage and hospital...) I wanted some of the great people from this community to know how THANKFUL I am to have had y'all's support through all this!

Also, so that this is "Cageside..." I'll be announcing a fight within the next month! Contract negotiations are going well and I'm narrowing down my choices to two (EXCITING) options. I will fight in 2015, 100%. I've been training with Team Takedown but I needed to get over here and into the jungle to handle some good-business before I head into my first full training camp in FIVE years. My win bonus will 100% be donated to projects loving and advancing my Pygmy family and I want the check to be made in the name of Fight For The Forgotten. With the motivation I have now... I feel I would have to be near death to lose. My heart says no one will be able to make me quit... I'm coming back to fight for a purpose and actually FIGHT for the forgotten! I don't think anyone I face will have a bigger reason to win than me. There might be guys who have more of a natural talent or be freak athletes... But they won't want the win as much as I do. I can promise that!

Anyways... THANK YOU for the continued support!

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
To do what you're doing is amazing. To do it with a wife at home waiting is just a whole other level. Kudos to you Justin.

TheBigPygmy/JustinWren

Professional Fighter
Pro Fighter
Jan 24, 2015
You are awesome birdwatcher! I appreciate them at encouragement! My wife... She is a CHAMP! Her FIRST time camping was in the Pygmy huts in the jungle of Congo... And she is SUCH a girly girl! She spent three months here! She didn't enjoy camping, but she LOVES me and LOVES the Pygmies :)

To do what you're doing is amazing. To do it with a wife at home waiting is just a whole other level. Kudos to you Justin.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
You are awesome birdwatcher! I appreciate them at encouragement! My wife... She is a CHAMP! Her FIRST time camping was in the Pygmy huts in the jungle of Congo... And she is SUCH a girly girl! She spent three months here! She didn't enjoy camping, but she LOVES me and LOVES the Pygmies :)
Again I'm just as impressed with her right now as I am with you. I work out of town for weeks at a time and am married with two kids. I've done shut downs where I'm away from the for months at a time and its by far the hardest part of the job. Your a role model of sorts Mr Wren. If there's a way this place or individual members can help out in any way please let us know and we will do our best to help. I asked the same of Enson Inoue @Enson Inoue is there way that people can help without going there or donating money? Don't mean to sound unwilling to give but people can be much more willing to contribute time or resources over money.

Also I think you should select one of your pygmy friends to walk out with you for your next fight. I'd love to see the look of astonishment on their face when they get a glimpse of you world. Be safe out there man.

Bozy

OOHH YOU DIDNT KNOW!?
Feb 22, 2015
Much respect! Awesome stuff man. You never cease to amaze me.

TheBigPygmy/JustinWren

Professional Fighter
Pro Fighter
Jan 24, 2015
Thanks everyone! I will keep y'all updated...

For instance.

Congo update! I’m very excited about what we are now able to do over the next few days because of the guidance from Ted and Dana Witmer. Dr. Dana knows that with the jungle life comes lots of bugs and parasites so she taught Ben (my right hand man) and I how to give the treatment for Filaria which BRUTALIZES the Pygmies. There are 5 types of Filaria (worms that live up to 17 years in the human body) and one kind causes river blindness (by the baby worms attacking the eyes retina or cornea) . Ben and I went through treatment for it yesterday because it’s so prevalent in the exact area we are going and have spent a lot of time in. I felt itchy, which is good, it means any little worms were dying. Ben feels MUCH better today from it. Tomorrow we will begin giving the cure to 4 different villages (hundreds of people)! We will have each person step on a scale on the cement pad of the water wells we drilled (to get an accurate weight) and then give them the proper dose. We will also be treating our two teams of Shalom Drillers (Or Drillers for Peace in the local language) which is 12 team members (they’ve been itching all over!). I’m most excited that Dr. Dana said this will give everyone SO much relief by the next day just like it did with Ben! Like for Mama Miriam, a friend, and blind Pygmy woman who lost 5 of her 7 children due to waterborne disease and sickness. I know her and her two children are suffering from this EXACT thing. If you are reading this I am asking for your thoughts, positive vibes, and prayers :) Dr. Dana walked us through how to distribute the antihistamine since the Pygmies obviously have Filaria much worse than our team, and she taught us how to give a steroid in case anyone gets swollen from all the worms dying. Thank you SO much to all our family, friends, the Witmer’s, and supporters who make trips like this possible!

Apr 3, 2015
thats a real ride or die bitch right there.

winning at life Justin!!

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
My wife just sent me encouragement while I'm in Congo, packing my gear bag and loading the water well equipment... She sent me this picture from my Twitter feed (@JustinTheViking) of me updating @JoeRogan on our progress.

http://i.imgur.com/lnE7bAn.jpg

A year ago yesterday we had completed our second water well among the Pygmies! Tomorrow our Fight For The Forgotten well drillers are tackling #20!

I'm a happy guy, super encouraged right now... And that is a good and rare thing in Eastern Congo (237 people were just hacked up by machetes in Oicha a few days ago. The massacre was only 3-5 kilometers from one of our water wells at an orphanage and hospital...) I wanted some of the great people from this community to know how THANKFUL I am to have had y'all's support through all this!

Also, so that this is "Cageside..." I'll be announcing a fight within the next month! Contract negotiations are going well and I'm narrowing down my choices to two (EXCITING) options. I will fight in 2015, 100%. I've been training with Team Takedown but I needed to get over here and into the jungle to handle some good-business before I head into my first full training camp in FIVE years. My win bonus will 100% be donated to projects loving and advancing my Pygmy family and I want the check to be made in the name of Fight For The Forgotten. With the motivation I have now... I feel I would have to be near death to lose. My heart says no one will be able to make me quit... I'm coming back to fight for a purpose and actually FIGHT for the forgotten! I don't think anyone I face will have a bigger reason to win than me. There might be guys who have more of a natural talent or be freak athletes... But they won't want the win as much as I do. I can promise that!

Anyways... THANK YOU for the continued support!
I hope our youth had half the Heart and Dignity you display..Big Pygmy vs Chieck Congo sounds great to me..The irony is how you Inspire the Congo and will knock the other Congos damn head off..

Feb 28, 2015
Sending all the good juju I can muster up your way Justin. This post brought me to tears, seeing those precious faces and understanding the realities they face every day just makes me want to be a better person and never ever ever take my very blessed life for granted. Stay safe over there and all the best on this current trip!

P

Punch

TheBigPygmy/JustinWren @JustinTheVikingWren(FFTF) Brother, you're an inspiration to us all. God bless!

It is well with the man who is gracious and lends; He will maintain his cause in judgment. For he will never be shaken; The righteous will be remembered forever. He will not fear evil tidings; His heart is steadfast, trusting in the LORD.

Psalms 112:5-9