Tony Ferguson’s wife files restraining order

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SickEye

"Sim sala bim bamba sala do saladim"
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Tony Ferguson's wife files restraining order after multiple police visits to home

The wife of former UFC interim lightweight champion Tony Ferguson on Wednesday filed a restraining order against her husband, alleging domestic violence.

According to online records, Cristina Ferguson filed the restraining order in Orange County (Calif.) Superior Court. An ex-parte hearing took place the same day. The court’s domestic violence prevention services project has scheduled an investigation for March 22; a domestic violence hearing is scheduled for April 5.

Details were not immediately available on the specific allegations made by Cristina Ferguson. The court’s definition of a domestic violence restraining order is an “order that helps protect people from abuse or threats of abuse from someone they have a close relationship with.”

MMA Junkie obtained five police incident reports that detail several domestic disturbances at the Ferguson residence since January 2018, including three in the past month. The police reports were redacted to protect certain identifying information. Tony Ferguson wasn’t arrested or charged with a crime in any of those situations.

MMA Junkie was unable to reach Cristina Ferguson or her attorney of record for comment. Tony Ferguson’s management, Paradigm Sports, issued a statement to MMA Junkie: “This is a private family matter that is in the process of being resolved.”

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Not verified, but interesting reading...

oh shit the computer chip in my leg thing is not good

Drugs or mental issues come into mind

Not that Chips aren't a thing but short of digging that thing out it seems a mental issue

T

The Big Guy

"Tony Ferguson had “not slept for three days and was tearing apart the home” and “broke apart the fire place and believed someone placed a (computer) chip in his leg.” An unidentified male who’d called the police said the fighter had told him “someone was inside his walls.”

And here i always thought he had a strong mind. Shits rough hopefully he gets it sorted

Limpy

Banned
Oct 20, 2015
I imagine he'll hear a lot of "Where's your kid at?" from other a-holes...
He will for sure. He really should stay off of social media and check into a hospital.

It’s a scary story to read if it’s true.

That’s a mental disorder.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
sounds like cocaine psychosis to me
I have a friend who has had two major episodes of drug-induced psychosis and has had to spend time in a nuthouse. I took him to get evaluated the first time. He thought people were trying to steal his thoughts, was insisting that he was a God and all other kinds of crazy shit. Never threatened to turn violent or self-harm at least though. We're not talking about a bad trip, he was a full blown nut for months.

The weird part is that both times he essentially made an almost complete recovery (I doubt you can ever make a 'full' recovery from your brain going that haywire but close enough). He has a good, steady job and the same personality as before each time. Pretty impressive how well they can treat it.

The problem with Tony is that he's never seemed quite right in the first place.

Limpy

Banned
Oct 20, 2015
Either bipolar or schizophrenia imo
I had a friend that was bipolar. He would be great one second and completely change the next. Like he’d freak me out with how much he would change.

When he would be in that state he would write these crazy things like “blood soaked towels in skulls cleaning the life out, I digest my brains and smoke my lungs”.

I made that up but that is how he would write. He always wanted me to critique it. As uncomfortable as it was I wanted to help him.

Eventually I couldn’t deal with him anymore after pleading with him to get help. I guess he started using drugs. About 8 years ago he was found hanging from a tree in the front yard of the house he was renting.

MovinOn

Canis lupus familiaris
Jan 3, 2018
I hope the UFC is taking care of Tony. Hopefully he can "get right" again someday, but in the meantime or maybe long-term, the UFC should make sure he and his family aren't in a bad way financially.

This is what the Pittsburgh Steelers are doing for Ryan Shazier, who suffered a devastating spinal injury during a game in December 2017:

Ryan Shazier won't be able to play for the Steelers in 2019, but the team has decided to keep him anyway.

The Steelers announced on Tuesday that they will be tolling Shazier's contract for the 2019 season. This means that Shazier will be paid a salary commensurate with his years of service in the NFL. The move by Pittsburgh also means that Shazier will continue to accrue seasons toward his NFL players' pension, and most importantly, it means that he'll have the same medical insurance plan that every other active NFL player receives.

Steelers show goodwill toward Ryan Shazier, will pay injured linebacker to be on roster in 2019

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I had a friend that was bipolar. He would be great one second and completely change the next. Like he’d freak me out with how much he would change.

When he would be in that state he would write these crazy things like “blood soaked towels in skulls cleaning the life out, I digest my brains and smoke my lungs”.

I made that up but that is how he would write. He always wanted me to critique it. As uncomfortable as it was I wanted to help him.

Eventually I couldn’t deal with him anymore after pleading with him to get help. I guess he started using drugs. About 8 years ago he was found hanging from a tree in the front yard of the house he was renting.
I had a roommate for awhile that was bipolar, he'd get depressed and drink in to oblivion. He wrote a lot, and always asked for me to critique it. It was usually dark, but in a Bukowski kind of way. I read the stuff he liked while we listened to music that I liked. Now I like Bukowski and he likes Johnny Cash.

He got diagnosed, and was doing well, but prior mistakes cost him his good job and he got run through the system. Fortunately, while he was doing time they made sure he took his meds and got counseling. It's almost 20 years later now. He's married, has a good job again, plays in a band, and he writes - and still likes me to critique it. I still like to read it.

I'm sorry your friend didn't get a happy ending, but hope it feels a little better to know they're out there.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
sounds like meth to me
Interesting theory but I don’t know man. Tony’s always been super diligent about what he puts in his body. He’s super disciplined, so I question if he would do drugs. I wonder if it’s possibly related to brain trauma or something. Whatever’s going on, I hope he gets it worked out.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Could be mental illness. Could be drugs. Could be Dana injects interim title holders with microchips to find them at all times. As if his body hasn't derailed his career enough, if Tony's mind is messed up, he's basically done. Paulo Filho taught us better.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
Sad stuff sounds like schizophrenia to me. A girl I was dating at the time had a good friend and a bunch of friends went skiiing. I knew the guy and he was a completely normal nice dude. One morning they couldn’t find him, when they got into his hotel room he had covered it in tin foil. The cops found him wandering around naked (it was winter) he had thrown all his ski gear in a dumpster. With no warning signs full a dormant full blown schizophrenia had kicked in. She visited him a couple days later in the hospital and he was kind of himself but then he would calmly explain that aliens were listening to his thoughts and trying to control him.
This was a smart totally normal guy who you would never had guessed would have mental issues.
I can only imagine what the brain trauma an MMA fighter experiences could do to worsen the situation of an organic mental illness.