Tony Ferguson claims he is ‘cleared’ to fight

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

After previous disappointing cancellations, Tony Ferguson was finally about to fight Khabib Nurmagomedov at UFC 223 last April. However, it all fell through once again when “El Cucuy” suffered a knee injury during fight week that forced him out of the said contest.

The injury was said to be caused by a simple tripping incident, but it all turned out to be serious enough to require surgery. As of May, he said he was given the “green light” to begin therapy, but over the weekend, he claimed that he was already given clearance by his doctors to fight again.

“Cleared” Made That Recovery My Bitch 4 Months & A Day Thanks Everyone That Believed In Me, Keep That Shit Up Time For…

Tony Ferguson claims he’s ‘cleared’ to fight: ‘Made that recovery my b—ch 4 months and a day’

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Full recovery from major knee surgery in 4 months. No one works harder than this dude, seriously. He's a savage.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
It’s good to see he’s not putting himself in danger of hurting another limb!

Last edited:

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
he is crazy...I actually believe him

guy was super aggro in rehab and probably comes back in crazy shape....he seems possessed IMO

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I consider Tony the champ, with Conor & Khabib 2 & 3.
Tony's mindset over the last few years is unbelievable.
I think he's on the peyote with Chavez in the spirit world.
Things may finally start happening with those top 3.
It's entirely possibly that ring of 3 could continue to deadlock the division for years.
Can't wait to see how Tony does.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Hard work doesn't exactly cut rehab time that drastically. Seems he's angling for a fight before the end of the year due to lost revenue. I'll believe he's 100% when he's in the cage.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Hard work doesn't exactly cut rehab time that drastically. Seems he's angling for a fight before the end of the year due to lost revenue. I'll believe he's 100% when he's in the cage.
Bingo.. no way that knee is 100% it looked like Frankenstein.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
True.

But...

when I dislocated my knee (no surgery) I lucked out I got one of the top knee doctors in the country (chief surgeon at Rebound Clinic). Knees take time to heal because they don't get a lot of circulation, and inflammation reduces the circulation further. Inflammation hurts, and the only way to improve the circulation is to move the limbs and work the joint. And that really fucking hurts, and it hurts for a long time after. So even though you feel worse (like sick to your stomach can't stand up kind of worse), you're getting better. He also told me that they wouldn't have me doing anything unsupervised/at-home that could re-injure the joint.

So for certain exercises and at certain stages of rehab, the only thing that was holding me back was ability to take the pain. Normal recovery for my injury was 5-7 months, I was done in 3.5. But it wasn't going to be healed in 2 or 3, even if I enjoyed the pain.