Tony Ferguson vs Kevin Lee official for UFC 216 for Lightweight Interim Title

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

During tonight's Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender Series, UFC President Dana White announced a Lightweight interim belt will be on the line at UFC 216. Tony Ferguson, once rumored to meet Khabib Nurmagomedov in his next bout, will now meet Kevin Lee on October 7th at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I like both of these guys and this one should be a great fight. Torn on who wins at the moment, but my gut tells me Kevin Lee wins this.

BrunoMcGyver

Bruno no dey carry last
Dec 30, 2015
Conor 'fights'Floyd August 26...Interim LW title being fought on October 7...You telling me Conor wouldn't be able to defend his title early November and just have a real title fight then instead of this interim bullshit?

BrunoMcGyver

Bruno no dey carry last
Dec 30, 2015
I like both of these guys and this one should be a great fight. Torn on who wins at the moment, but my gut tells me Kevin Lee wins this.
'Tis the year the 90s men are winning (Holloway, Whittaker, Garbrandt won end of 16 iirc but fuck it lets throw him in)...You may be right wre

Limpy

Banned
Oct 20, 2015
Kevin Lee gets a shot from a win over Chiesa? WTF?! I think Barbosa and Gaethje deserved it more.

Soon I'll have an interim belt.

C

Ceiling Fan

I'm just glad it's for the title, it means they'll be compensated more. I'm down with interim titles when guys deserve to get paid, and Ferguson deserves big money. 9 fight win streak, 6 post-fight bonuses in his last 5 fights, it's a shame he's resorting to fighting the #7 guy but the division is what it is right now.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
No thanks.

Tony should be fighting Khabib or Justin (I know he's tied up). Anyone else is just kind of silly.

Kevin should be fighting Edson to see who's next for the winner of Tony/Khabib.

Joemacka

Bisping is GOAT
Oct 19, 2015
Gaethje nuthugger here but I like this fight a lot too. Justin is scheduled to fight Alvarez next right? That's a good match up for him.
Kevin Lee needed one more big win imo and would have made for better TV on tuf. Gaethje vs Ferguson would have been fireworks. Also Lee just came off that controversial stoppage so there isnt much buzz there, where as Gaethje just came off one of the best fights this year.

Limpy

Banned
Oct 20, 2015
Kevin Lee needed one more big win imo and would have made for better TV on tuf. Gaethje vs Ferguson would have been fireworks. Also Lee just come off that controversial stoppage so there isnt much buzz there, where as Gaethje just came off one of the best fights this year.
Smart young boy.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Kevin Lee needed one more big win imo and would have made for better TV on tuf. Gaethje vs Ferguson would have been fireworks. Also Lee just come off that controversial stoppage so there isnt much buzz there, where as Gaethje just came off one of the best fights this year.
True but when they put Justin on TUF, it was over. Regarding Lee, the last second of the fight may have been controversial but he ran thru Chiesa and looked impressive doing it. I think he's ready for this moment and this should be a great fight.

nastynate

Jan 31, 2016
another fucking interim belt lmfao
what a fucking joke.

lets quit with all the mma or shall we say ufc is a sports talk shit.

who's gonna be the first
intercontinental champion in ufc history?

might not be the world champion but god damn it hes the intercontinental champion!

wwf was so ahead of its time i remember this shit from 30 years ago.

macho man vs ricky the dragon

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
True but when they put Justin on TUF, it was over. Regarding Lee, the last second of the fight may have been controversial but he ran thru Chiesa and looked impressive doing it. I think he's ready for this moment and this should be a great fight.
Are you working on a Q&A with Lee? ;)

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
No thanks.

Tony should be fighting Khabib or Justin (I know he's tied up). Anyone else is just kind of silly.

Kevin should be fighting Edson to see who's next for the winner of Tony/Khabib.
If things were perfect, the three fights happening before the end of the year would be:

Ferguson vs Khabib

Lee vs Barboza

Gaethje vs Alvarez

That would really make the division interesting.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Interesting to see what they do with Khabib now?

Maybe he fights Barboza.
I'm wondering if he ever fights at LW again to be honest. If he isn't missing weight, he's injured. Seems like it's always something with Khabib unfortunately, because the dude's a beast.

Rogerdunnx21

Lurker
Aug 15, 2017

During tonight's Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender Series, UFC President Dana White announced a Lightweight interim belt will be on the line at UFC 216. Tony Ferguson, once rumored to meet Khabib Nurmagomedov in his next bout, will now meet Kevin Lee on October 7th at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Kevin lee: you can get it in!

delightone

Insert Crown here
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
The fight is pretty good, but i dislike the interim bullshit, every division has a champ and an interim champ by the end of this year if they go this route.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
The fight is pretty good, but i dislike the interim bullshit, every division has a champ and an interim champ by the end of this year if they go this route.
This is the one division that an interim belt actually makes sense, since McMayweather hasn't even defended his belt yet. Interim belts in some of these other divisions is ridiculous.