Tony Ferguson vs Kevin Lee official for UFC 216 for Lightweight Interim Title

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
C

Ceiling Fan

Dana just said Khabib is coming off surgery. Don't know when he'll be good to go again, or even what part he had his surgery on.

delightone

Insert Crown here
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
This is the one division that an interim belt actually makes sense, since McMayweather hasn't even defended his belt yet. Interim belts in some of these other divisions is ridiculous.

Meh fuck them interim belts, if the guy is out longer than a year strip it, and make two guys fight for it.
rinse and repeat, no fucks given who the belt holder is, you can't have two champs walking around it's just silly

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
If things were perfect, the three fights happening before the end of the year would be:

Ferguson vs Khabib

Lee vs Barboza

Gaethje vs Alvarez

That would really make the division interesting.
Totally agree about those 3 fights, I think those are the ideal matches to make.

But I think Ferguson/Lee sounds like a fun scrap too, so I'm still excited about this matchup.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Mcgregor said his belt was the real belt when he got the featherweight interim belt. It was something along the lines of he had fought more recently, therefore he was the true champ. It would be funny if the winner of the interim lw belt puts his comments back in his face.

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
True but when they put Justin on TUF, it was over. Regarding Lee, the last second of the fight may have been controversial but he ran thru Chiesa and looked impressive doing it. I think he's ready for this moment and this should be a great fight.
Justin would have been perfect but UFC going to UFC
Kevin was next best option since khalabib doesn't want to fight

BrunoMcGyver

Bruno no dey carry last
Dec 30, 2015
This is the one division that an interim belt actually makes sense, since McMayweather hasn't even defended his belt yet. Interim belts in some of these other divisions is ridiculous.
It doesn't make sense. Conor could easily fight in early-mid November, which would only be a month after the Fergu-Lee fight is going to happen.

At this point, Conor won't be defending his belt til late December at the earliest.

Tells me he's either going to retire or be far far less active after this big pay day

TalkingLeaf

Nov 4, 2015
I think the UFC is planning on Conor still being concussed in november from the ass whooping Mayweather is going to put on him. He will be under a 6 month suspension, so he won't be ready to defend until next year.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
All we can really hope for is good fights for years now.
Lee has done nothing, Fergy has done everything, so it only makes sense to match championship caliber up against a guy that deserves to be fighting a top 10'ish guy.
Hopefully it's interesting; I think many of us are just starving to see El cucuy back in there doing his thing against a good & potentially risky opponent, in a battle of pizzazz.

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
Interim belts will have their own spot in the racing at this rate. I cannot believe this. Every division will have one soon

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
UFC is a joke. WME should be ashamed, but they are too stupid to realize how stupid they are.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Conor has been talking about a Dec 30 card and wanting to be on it. No surprise that they're going to have to go the interim route to keep the division moving since they already tried it when Tiramisu attacked and when you consider that Conor calls his own shots.

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016
Kevin Lee gets a shot from a win over Chiesa? WTF?! I think Barbosa and Gaethje deserved it more.

Soon I'll have an interim belt.
Justin Gaethje doesn't deserve an interim title shot after almost getting KO'd multiple times in his UFC debut lol

I loved that fight, have been repping "The Highlight" for quite a few years now and would love to see this fight, but I just don't think he's quite ready for Ferguson, and I'm usually the guy shitting all over bonehead T-Ferg.

Barboza deserved it more than Kevin Lee though that we definitely agree on, but I don't think Barboza would beat Ferguson. I'm sure Edson will get his chance soon enough, he just needs to avoid getting dropped by jabs, and especially needs to avoid those damn submissions :p

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
Gaethje nuthugger here but I like this fight a lot too. Justin is scheduled to fight Alvarez next right? That's a good match up for him.
oh yeah I forgot they've been lined up to coach a women's season of TUF!! presumably they'll fight soon after the shows wrapped up

any chance they will be the main event of the finale? has that even happened before? (the coaches headlining the finale)

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
oh yeah I forgot they've been lined up to coach a women's season of TUF!! presumably they'll fight soon after the shows wrapped up

any chance they will be the main event of the finale? has that even happened before? (the coaches headlining the finale)
Guarantee it will be the main event. It's a great match, both guys will bang. Who ya got in this one?

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
Guarantee it will be the main event. It's a great match, both guys will bang. Who ya got in this one?
Justin Gaethje for sure. Obviously I'm worried Eddie will come roaring back into the fight once he's hurt but I think he'll get murked in the opening round. I reckon he's the better wrestler too and his kicking game means Eddie can't just box off the backfoot, he's gotta find a way to land power and not get wrecked in the exchanges. Dangerous dangerous fight for both guys no doubt.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Justin Gaethje for sure. Obviously I'm worried Eddie will come roaring back into the fight once he's hurt but I think he'll get murked in the opening round. I reckon he's the better wrestler too and his kicking game means Eddie can't just box off the backfoot, he's gotta find a way to land power and not get wrecked in the exchanges. Dangerous dangerous fight for both guys no doubt.
Yeah I think Justin will overwhelm Eddie with pressure and leg kicks. I look for this one to end violently.

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
Don't sleep on Lee. Castillo gave Tony issues on the ground...
Castillo's a TAM guy though, he gets in HQ grappling all year round. I'm not "high" on Ferguson to be honest, but if he's gonna lose this title fight it will be on the ground and he most likely knows that. 5 rounder, should be good.

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
Yeah I think Justin will overwhelm Eddie with pressure and leg kicks. I look for this one to end violently.
I'm still a bit bummed out they didn't schedule the Alvarez-Poirier rematch instead especially considering they've been going at it on social media since their fight. I wanted to see Dustin clean Eddie's clock so bad, never liked the guy.