General Top gear (TV show)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #ASSBLOODS
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Apparently the Beeb launched this channel a bit back but kinda kept it hush as it's seen by some as an admission the best days are behind it.

Apparently they have faggy warnings on there. Should still be some fun memories to watch.

Giblet

Posting Machine
Oct 25, 2015
Amazon Prime used to have all the episodes from season 1 to current, or you should be able to find them on the torrent sites easy enough

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Amazon Prime used to have all the episodes from season 1 to current, or you should be able to find them on the torrent sites easy enough
I have a bunch of the specials on prime. Just saw a news article and posted the channel before I checked it out. Article made it sound like it was all the specials from top gear. Full of shit.

JabToucher

Aug 14, 2024
Yesterday that Freddie Flintoff was having a cry in teh tabloids saying he should be dead, following some car crash on top gear.

Imagine joining a car show which are known for doing crazy dangerous stunts then winging about it!

B_Sharps

Aug 13, 2024
Same with Amazon Prime through the Freevee. I watch it whenever I am bored and there is nothing else on.

Wiggy

We. Live. In. A. Fucking. Meme.
Oct 23, 2015
Yesterday that Freddie Flintoff was having a cry in teh tabloids saying he should be dead, following some car crash on top gear.

Imagine joining a car show which are known for doing crazy dangerous stunts then winging about it!
lmao seriously?

Meanwhile, Hamster wrecked a jet dragster...then went on to crash a Rimac down the side of a mountain...and everyone still makes fun of him for it.

Hell, maybe Freddie should look at Capt. Slow's crash in the cavern in the latest Grand Tour special. That shit was gnarly.

Old Top Gear is my all-time favorite show, and I've watched them all a million times. They never get old. Later seasons with Jezza, Hamster & Slow did drop off a little.

After the fiasco, the season with 5 hosts was horrid. They were (IMO) starting to do well with Chris Harris, LeBlanc, and Rory Reid. That was a good lineup, but LeBlanc (understandably) didn't like having to travel so much. The current lineup (minus Harris) sucks ass and has never been good.

Now the show hasn't been technically been "cancelled" yet per se, but it's apparently been put on indefinite suspension or some shit.

Grand Tour was Ok, but never as good as old Top Gear, either. I've seen a couple clips with Jezza saying they legally weren't allowed to do a lot of the stuff they did on Top Gear, which is why a lot of it felt like a cheap imitation.

I liked Top Gear America with Tanner Foust, Rutledge Wood, & Adam Ferrara. They started trying to basically copy original TG, but it just didn't work. When they finally found their own way of each episode just being a special, it started to go really well and their chemistry got very good. (They're still great friends and when I see them together on a podcast, I always laugh.)

I thought it was ironic people roasted that version, yet their format (a special each episode) is what Grand Tour ended up doing.

They did a couple other Top Gear US versions on MotorTrend that went nowhere. I like Wiliam Fichtner, so it was cool to see him in a season, but the rest of it was ass. Dax Shepard was a great call for the revived version, and I ended up liking Jethro, but the comedian guy they had was a goof and not at all suited to the show, IMO.

jpm995

Aug 13, 2024
I haven't seen that many Top Gear shows but the ones i've seen are great. Love that show.

Wiggy

Oct 23, 2015
All the episodes of TG (and most specials) are available at the typical bootleg streaming / torrent sites if you do that sorta thing.

Wiggy

Oct 23, 2015
As an aside, they only do reviews (no specials, road trips, etc), but Thomas & James at Throttle House are basically the new Top Gear. Great information, good chemistry between them, and they're genuinely hilarious.

Wiggy

Oct 23, 2015
The Zimbabwe episode of Grand Tour (should be out by the end of the year) will be the last one. Jezza, Hamster, Slow & Andy Wilman have dissolved their production company, and outside of maybe the random thing here & there, they won't be working together anymore.

In fact, as I understand it, Hamster even bought Jezza & Slow out of their shares of the Drivetribe youtube channel, and that will only ever involve him (though he's not on it much) from this point forward.

cire

Nov 17, 2023
Hell, maybe Freddie should look at Capt. Slow's crash in the cavern in the latest Grand Tour special. That shit was gnarly.
that was insane stunt for all of them. No way in hell would I have tried it. Someone could have easily died.

TG and TGT are my favorite shows of all time. I never get tired watching them.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015

Freddie got 9 million in compensation for his crash. James went to hospital for a couple of hours. It was a bad crash that effectively killed the show. A stunt he raised concerns about too that were brushed off. Hence the payout

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
People that saw the crash went on traumatic paid leave. Sounds bad.

Dead Bluff

Feb 25, 2023
The Zimbabwe episode of Grand Tour (should be out by the end of the year) will be the last one. Jezza, Hamster, Slow & Andy Wilman have dissolved their production company, and outside of maybe the random thing here & there, they won't be working together anymore.

In fact, as I understand it, Hamster even bought Jezza & Slow out of their shares of the Drivetribe youtube channel, and that will only ever involve him (though he's not on it much) from this point forward.
Sucks but it's understandable. They're getting old especially May and Jezza. I've enjoyed watching Clarkson's Farm, Hammond's Garage and May's, Our Man in (pick a country). Chuck needs to get on it and make them all Knights. They are a UK treasure.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Sucks but it's understandable. They're getting old especially May and Jezza. I've enjoyed watching Clarkson's Farm, Hammond's Garage and May's, Our Man in (pick a country). Chuck needs to get on it and make them all Knights. They are a UK treasure.
I've not watched hammonds garage. Is sit good?