Sports Tour de France Discussion

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Massive massive day today in the Alps.

Battle royale will ensue with some serious serious climbing.

Green jersey will be on the line too, the current wearer has just gone down and lost 3 or 4 minutes. He will likely lose the jersey today.
I turned it on about 5 or 10 minutes ago. Sick down hill

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
Wait what? English please?

The leader fell earlier today???? Came back and took lead?
No no not today.

But they plummet down this climb at 65-80km/h with caliper brakes with open edges going round U bends with a racing line. One slip of the pads on the rim of the carbon wheels (I assume they use carbon) which is pretty slippy is just crazy. Arguably their brakes and wheels will be better than mine by a factor of a million. But you gotta have nuts of steel for that. One lock of the wheel and you drop 40ft into rocks on some corners.

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
Good push by froom.

Who is the dude in green. How did kittel lose green??
Kittel abandoned. Crashed early and was cut up and looked like he didnt have the stomach for 2 HC climbs and chase the time limit.

Michael matthews has been catching Kittel in the green jersey all the while. He's an OG. Great bike rider, he's like Sagan but just not quite as good all round.

With Kittel out the sprint in Paris is now wide wide open.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Kittel abandoned. Crashed early and was cut up and looked like he didnt have the stomach for 2 HC climbs and chase the time limit.

Michael matthews has been catching Kittel in the green jersey all the while. He's an OG. Great bike rider, he's like Sagan but just not quite as good all round.

With Kittel out the sprint in Paris is now wide wide open.
Oh shit. What stage did he crash? A few ago?

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
I'm bummed guys. This is the first year in a while I've had a hard time keeping up with the TDF. Work has been crazy busy and I'm gearing up for a road trip on Friday. Just haven't had any free time to watch this year. I've been keeping up with the news and updates, but reading about stages after the fact isn't nearly as fun as watching.

Anyway, I appreciate the updates and info you guys are posting in here. It's helping me keep in tune with what's happening.

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
I'm bummed guys. This is the first year in a while I've had a hard time keeping up with the TDF. Work has been crazy busy and I'm gearing up for a road trip on Friday. Just haven't had any free time to watch this year. I've been keeping up with the news and updates, but reading about stages after the fact isn't nearly as fun as watching.

Anyway, I appreciate the updates and info you guys are posting in here. It's helping me keep in tune with what's happening.
If you have some sort of attritional dedication and go back and watch it... which you wont.

The first week was ALL sprints as far as I remember with lots of heartbreaking crashes. Skip the whole stage, watch the sprint at the end. As soon as they hit the pyreneese it's just gone bonkers, so close and a great great tour. Hope it continues.

There are some fantastic highlights shows on YouTube that are a few minutes long and give you a good overview.

What country are you in?

otaku1

TMMAC Addict
Jul 16, 2015
No disk brakes how they trust their brakes on carbon rims I have no idea. One slip on this downhill and it's more than just out of the race. Those edges are life changing
I saw that descent. He was practically gliding real *fkin* fast.
Can't find the video anymore. My google skills suck.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
If you have some sort of attritional dedication and go back and watch it... which you wont.

The first week was ALL sprints as far as I remember with lots of heartbreaking crashes. Skip the whole stage, watch the sprint at the end. As soon as they hit the pyreneese it's just gone bonkers, so close and a great great tour. Hope it continues.

There are some fantastic highlights shows on YouTube that are a few minutes long and give you a good overview.

What country are you in?
I'm in Lance Armstrong country :) (Austin, Texas). I've been watching some highlight videos on YouTube, and reading about stages/days online. Normally I try to watch a fair bit live, but just hasn't happened this year. I've been burning the candle at both ends trying to get shit done before a vacation, so it is what it is I suppose. Seems like a great and interesting race this year, and feels odd for me to have it be so peripheral this year.

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
I'm in Lance Armstrong country :) (Austin, Texas). I've been watching some highlight videos on YouTube, and reading about stages/days online. Normally I try to watch a fair bit live, but just hasn't happened this year. I've been burning the candle at both ends trying to get shit done before a vacation, so it is what it is I suppose. Seems like a great and interesting race this year, and feels odd for me to have it be so peripheral this year.
One thing you can be sure of with the tour, it'll be back next year. No rush

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
Another mad day. Ridiculous finish climb with a summit finish on it, gonna be fireworks at the end.

Last day before the procession to Paris. It is gonna go OFF

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
Mikel Landa is ridiculous. The most poker face of poker faces. Incredible bike rider.

BARDET ATTACKS! It's on...

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
Uran might win the tour. What an anti climax. He is like a million years old, doesnt speak english, looks like a pedo. Very strange guy.

If he does.... what an upset.

Froome attacks HARD... This is the tour in one big effort.

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
Not ever a man to wish failure on people. But Aru seems like a dickhead. Glad he wont win. Just seems like a complete arsehole. He has that Italian swagger that makes him look like a dick... only he actually is. His teammates hate him.