Sports Tour de France Discussion

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
oh great point. i frogot about the climbs. (in original "why is it exciting post" i had types "there are sprint days and...." and i deleted it becaus ei coudlnt put my finger on the other unique type day). the climbs are SICK for exactly the reason you mentioned. its mesmorizing watching them do it. SOOO impress

i grew up mountain biking (but also around town non stop). about 20 miles a day literally every day after school. havent gotten into road biking except for a handful of rides on my buddies "light days" (he does triathalons, so his light days are crazy hard for me since i may not have ridden in a year lol)
If you get a road bike and some clipless pedals you will find a whole new reason to get on a bike. I can do 50+km without much trouble on a road bike including hills and being out of shape and do it all averaging 30km/hr. And my bike isnt particularly racy or expensive, on a mountain bike you would be ddddead after a ride like that.

It's almost a different sport, certainly the efforts and timing of those is radically different to the mountain biking, less strength and dynamic movements of the whole body and more pure stamina and leg power/recovery ratio.

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
Biggest favourite out in an insane crash. Aru showing that he still has no class despite being a great rider. Sprinters crashing out all over the place. Dan Martin losing time because Porte crashed into him through no fault of his own.

Dramatic tour but so gutted to see people falling to things that rob us of the true race.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Biggest favourite out in an insane crash. Aru showing that he still has no class despite being a great rider. Sprinters crashing out all over the place. Dan Martin losing time because Porte crashed into him through no fault of his own.

Dramatic tour but so gutted to see people falling to things that rob us of the true race.
It ain't no Pantani vs Armstrong vs Ulrich. But definitly entertaining.

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
It ain't no Pantani vs Armstrong vs Ulrich. But definitly entertaining.
It was looking like a good scrap at the top, but think we are robbed of that now.

Aint nothing gonna be like those 3.

Contador is done IMO and Dan Martin isnt gonna take back over a minute and will get whipped in the time trial. Gersint Thomas also out so Froome a tiny bit isolated but i feel if he keeps it upright it's in the bag

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
i keep missing it every day bc i work from around 5am-11am and then take a break. around 11:20ish EST its always done lol

apaprently today was awesome. props to that dude. true bravery

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
i keep missing it every day bc i work from around 5am-11am and then take a break. around 11:20ish EST its always done lol

That guy in the break deserved it. Boring as all fuck all day except for him then the sprint was OK. But these flat boring stages need teams to animate them or the same outcome will keep happening.

Love a good last second catch. Heart breaking. When the succeed it is just incredible

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016

Today is a day to try and watch. It is gonna get silly in about half an hour. Climbing day.

Big breakaway day. Money on de-gent/cummings to get a big lead and maybe get the win whilst behind the race explodes into chaos.

Next couple of days actually...

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
Today is a day to try and watch. It is gonna get silly in about half an hour. Climbing day.

Big breakaway day. Money on de-gent/cummings to get a big lead and maybe get the win whilst behind the race explodes into chaos.

And the one I cant spell. Ulissi I thnk, the italian. Beast of a breakaway rider

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017

i just went to turn it on to watch replay byt Gold Cup is on. gonna watch this first

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
benjo0101 @benjo0101 did u watch todays race? sick little castle in the town at the very end. good defensive position atop a hill

Please tell me you also watched the racing.

Castles are almost always in great tactical positions. Almost always.

Fantastic stage. A stroke of genius by the organisers, long tough as fuck day yesterday then a short really hard day today promoting attackers. Absolutely brilliant racing.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Please tell me you also watched the racing.

Castles are almost always in great tactical positions. Almost always.

Fantastic stage. A stroke of genius by the organisers, long tough as fuck day yesterday then a short really hard day today promoting attackers. Absolutely brilliant racing.
Lol yeh. I had it on the entire time but was busy working. Tried paying attention for the last 30k but got distracted on and off and had headphones on so I didn't really know what was haoenin

But I watched the final few miles and it was impressive. Even the final couple turns was cool. I thought the dude was gonna hang on but the guys move on the outside worked after two or 3 turns

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Mate first day for a week I'm not watching. Cliffs?
im not so well versed in all the different scoring systems. but that dude in green, kittle. i think hes the current sprint leader by a huge marging

he's fallen back twice from the pellaton. really struggle. the commentators were worried he might get eliminated and not make t to paris whch would mean that he wouldnt wn the sprint i guess?

but some other dudes dropped back now too, so i think hes in the clear

was wild tho. he was falling back solo. and the commentaators freaked out. then some others dropped back. he caught up to pelaton. but then dropped back again lol

its commerical, but i think he's caught up to back of pelaton now (literally last person in it tho) about 10-20 miles left iirc

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
so i just remembered earlier. today is only a 30 point straint leader day because its not considered a true sprint day (leader getting 50). and that is rining true sing a lot fo the sprinters ended up bailing until the back because of the hills and wind lol

sprint is on now. last couple miles. dudes going at it will pelaton not far being trying to keep up to them

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
slight uphill finsh. a buch fo dudes went for it and one badass finally got the win. michael matthews takes it

yellow jersey is 26 seconds back. might lost the yellow jersey

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
slight uphill finsh. a buch fo dudes went for it and one badass finally got the win. michael matthews takes it

yellow jersey is 26 seconds back. might lost the yellow jersey
Michael Matthews is an OG. Great nickname. Fantastic guy. Stylish as fuck on a bike. I might get some of his kit to rep when I get out on my bike again

Greg van avarmat also an OG and one of the very best in the world.

De gent is a ridiculous beast but he isn't an OG. He's just a fucking beast. Power for days and on form.

Look forward to the highlights. Love crosswinds.

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
Massive massive day today in the Alps.

Battle royale will ensue with some serious serious climbing.

Green jersey will be on the line too, the current wearer has just gone down and lost 3 or 4 minutes. He will likely lose the jersey today.