Traveling is overrated

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
People love to travel. a lot of them live to travel. if there's a four day holiday off from work they're willing to spend 2 days in the car riding in the highway then 1 day acomodating their stuff just to waste a month's worth of money and come back home exhausted for another week of hard work.

in Brazil every time there's an extended holiday people die at war rate in our shady highways. they gather at city's exits and logjam the roads and go to the same places. they hate their lives in their city. they can't stand their wives and girlfriends at home.

I rather stay home and enojy the city all to myself. I only wanna travel in the summer when I wanna go to a beach not too far away and stay there living in the beach as long as I can, as if it was home.

when I have enough money that I won't spend more than 20% of my bank account on each trip then I'll visit Rome, Amsterdam, Thailand and a few other select places. and that's it.

"meet new people?" ugh.... I wanna meet new dogs and cats. no more people! "eat different food?" junk food, weird takeout stuff, so that I feel awful? no thanks. "get to know a new culture" hmm okay that would be awesome but who does that?

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
that's a different concept; in a sense, you will not be traveling. the RV is your home.

good luck I actually think that's awesome. my gripe is with short trips on holidays where a couple of friends always try to drag me with them to a pointless trip where I know we will be doing the same shit we do here.

P

Punch

if there's a four day holiday off from work they're willing to spend 2 days in the car riding in the highway then 1 day acomodating their stuff just to waste a month's worth of money and come back home exhausted for another week of hard work.
Then they're doing it wrong.

OhWhopDaChamp

TMMAC Addict
Apr 20, 2015
I feel ya. After a vacation by the time I make it home from the travel I'm exhausted and wanna lay in the bed for a few days. But nope. Laundry, dog care, house cleaning, storing your luggage etc.

Love to see new places, hate traveling to get there.

anon_7832587268

Sep 2, 2015
I hate traveling as well. I just want time off from work to relax. Then again I'm blue collar so that might make a difference

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Love traveling, but nothing wrong with staying in your little bubble either.

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
I feel ya. After a vacation by the time I make it home from the travel I'm exhausted and wanna lay in the bed for a few days. But nope. Laundry, dog care, house cleaning, storing your luggage etc.
yeah with the time off all of my hard work in training inevitably takes a step back, my bowels don't move right with the sudden change and the house is a dusty mess and guess who will have to clean it up??? I'm quite happy already here at home.

Chief

4070 = Legend
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
It's not so bad here in Florida (as long as you avoid Miami). A four day weekend is great for the Keys. Or take a 3 day cruise. Hell, for $200, you can buy a round trip ferry ticket and spend the day in the Bahamas (I imagine we'll be able to do the same in Cuba soon).

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
It's not so bad here in Florida (as long as you avoid Miami). A four day weekend is great for the Keys. Or take a 3 day cruise. Hell, for $200, you can buy a round trip ferry ticket and spend the day in the Bahamas (I imagine we'll be able to do the same in Cuba soon).
Price for a 55' truck and trailer combo?

OhWhopDaChamp

TMMAC Addict
Apr 20, 2015
Price for a 55' truck and trailer combo?
Not that kind of ferry. It's just a round trip cruise basically.
Now you could park your trailer/truck in secure parking and take the fam to the Bahamas for a few days. Small discovery cruise ship to the island then a 3 day at a moderate hotel, cruise back to Florida.

I gotta find that damn link

OhWhopDaChamp

TMMAC Addict
Apr 20, 2015
This is helpful. I hadn't heard of this one.
It's pleasant, not that much to do but the meal that's included is pretty good. I always escaped to the upper deck and got my tan on.

The hotel package isn't bad, they'll try to get you to review a timeshare and waste a whole day but other than that it's a good deal for a weekend getaway

P

Punch

I'm a category 6, but whatever. :D

Side note, traveling in a C5 Galaxy is crazy.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
the worst part of traveling is dealing with TSA and them giving me a de facto hernia check in public. I prefer traveling in the u.s more than abroad,getting shit together for trips in so.america or europe is a pain in the ass.