Travis Browne’s wife speaks out on domestic violence incident

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

On Thursday morning, UFC heavyweight Travis Browne became allegedly involved the latest case of domestic abuse in Mixed Martial Arts, as his partner Jenna Renee Webb took to Instagram to reveal deep bruising visible after the abuse.

"Probably one of the hardest decisions I've ever made was walking away from this life and starting over," Renee said in the caption along with the photographs. "I'm still ashamed for staying as long as I did. #domesticviolenceawareness."

According to Webb, a fitness model known for her work with MuscleTech, the incident occurred back in February, yet she never acted upon it because she was interested in salvaging the marriage and hoping that he changes for the better. While she eventually decided to take a stand against domestic violence, she still does not plan to press charges.

"I did what I felt in my heart that I had to do to deliver a message to other people that are being abused and other people that he may potentially abuse in the future," Webb told TMZ Sports. "I do not plan on pressing charges. I've prayed for a long time that he would become a better person, and I will continue to pray for him in hopes that he can make changes and salvage a life for him and his boys."

LINK to full story: Browne’s wife speaks out on domestic violence incident, does not plan to press charges - Bloody Elbow

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
Ok let me just say something real quick. This chick is a fucking bitch and let me tell you why. First off she doesnt go to the police because of this

MEANWHILE! All things that she said she didnt want to happen will all happen because of this post in fact we all have already seen reporters hounding Dana and the UFC about this incident and travis was already banned from the expo and if found out he will be cut and the cops might just hear of this and then approach her and again all those other things will happen also. Now you know i think DV is fucked up and noone deserves it at all man or woman but the fact that she didnt go to the police makes a lot of people confused as to her real motives, and most are saying she did this to gain social media attention and followers. What do you all think. Oh and i went on her IG and said of all this just to be clear. I just got on IG yesterday and i am causing trouble lol.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Ok let me just say something real quick. This chick is a fucking bitch and let me tell you why. First off she doesnt go to the police because of this

MEANWHILE! All things that she said she didnt want to happen will all happen because of this post in fact we all have already seen reporters hounding Dana and the UFC about this incident and travis was already banned from the expo and if found out he will be cut and the cops might just hear of this and then approach her and again all those other things will happen also. Now you know i think DV is fucked up and noone deserves it at all man or woman but the fact that she didnt go to the police makes a lot of people confused as to her real motives, and most are saying she did this to gain social media attention and followers. What do you all think. Oh and i went on her IG and said of all this just to be clear. I just got on IG yesterday and i am causing trouble lol.
Commented on this yesterday, "don't want to go to cops because he will lose kids".....,,what's your intention then? Why post it ........after some cash to keep quiet?

ChaosOverkill

Conor is ushering in the Chomochiq fashion era.
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Commented on this yesterday, "don't want to go to cops because he will lose kids".....,,what's your intention then? Why post it ........after some cash to keep quiet?
Yup. "I was never charged" with someone you accuse of this will come back to haunt her if he wants to find a vindictive reason to take the kids from her later.

This seems like battered spouse syndrome elements to me and she'll be wishing she laid charges sooner or later.

MahatmaPetey

Feb 26, 2015

I don't give two fucks about her motives. If Travis hit her he's a cowardly piece of shit that deserves every bad thing coming his way for it.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015

You've lost me. How does that pic make her a bitch? You'll have to explain it cos I don't understand your point.

Regarding her posting about it, I'm CERTAINLY not a white knight and I won't form an opinion on the guy without knowing more but it makes perfect sense that she doesn't want him to lose his kids, yet she wants people to know what he did.

The reasons she didn't go to the police when it happened? Same as LOADS of people (male and female) put up with spousal abuse. They're in love, low self esteem and don't think they can do better etc etc.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
You've lost me. How does that pic make her a bitch? You'll have to explain it cos I don't understand your point.

Regarding her posting about it, I'm CERTAINLY not a white knight and I won't form an opinion on the guy without knowing more but it makes perfect sense that she doesn't want him to lose his kids, yet she wants people to know what he did.

The reasons she didn't go to the police when it happened? Same as LOADS of people (male and female) put up with spousal abuse. They're in love, low self esteem and don't think they can do better etc etc.
Bitch because she says she didn't want to go to the police because of the same repercussions that will happen because of her social media posts but you don't get followers by going to the police get it? Travis is scum and I am far from sticking up for him but instead of going to police for reasons you stated go on social media and pretty much cause the same effect? The police can approach her now and he can still lose his kids and he will def lose his job if it's proven he did this sooooo I don't get it. You want to bring awareness to the subject but not to the right thing which is go to the authorities and let them investigate properly and if he loses his kids so be it he hit her. So let's protect him on one end and fuck him on the other? Makes no sense to me.

Feb 28, 2015
Bitch because she says she didn't want to go to the police because of the same repercussions that will happen because of her social media posts but you don't get followers by going to the police get it? Travis is scum and I am far from sticking up for him but instead of going to police for reasons you stated go on social media and pretty much cause the same effect? The police can approach her now and he can still lose his kids and he will def lose his job if it's proven he did this sooooo I don't get it. You want to bring awareness to the subject but not to the right thing which is go to the authorities and let them investigate properly and if he loses his kids so be it he hit her. So let's protect him on one end and fuck him on the other? Makes no sense to me.
Maybe a better name to call her would be "confused." Can you imagine how scary it might be to go to the authorities? It is. And most people don't actually know that you don't personally have to accuse someone for them to be investigated and charged, I'm sure she's learning that now...or soon will.

It's easy to be on the outside and judge and decide what you would do differently but given the circumstances...the only thing that's important to note here is a woman was attacked. Walk a mile in her shoes.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
He won't lose his kids if she doesn't cooperate with police. In fact, he probably wouldn't lose his kids even if she DID go to the police.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Because she didn't go the police in February, then it is very unlikely the police would be able to do anything anyway. Unless there is some sort of recording, either audio or video. At least that is my take on it.

FeeO

You're all on steroids.
May 14, 2015
So let's protect him on one end and fuck him on the other? Makes no sense to me.
I've never been there myself but I imagine there's a cycle involved, and even if they're separated now (I think?), she may still be all over the place emotionally, veering between feelings that were suppressed: anger, loneliness, pity, fear. Maybe she wants to hurt him back; maybe she wants to access a certain amount of public support; maybe the best part of him goes to his kids and she cares about his kids and doesn't want to hurt them; maybe she wants to establish an emphatic public record of his damage to her, just in case. Is this an effective or wise plan for her? I don't know, but fuck, if her professional heavyweight fighter spouse beat her up, and her retaliation is now people know about it, and the chips fall where they may? I can't say I'm too morally troubled about it when the danger advantage he has over her in any other kind of fight is so truly obscene.

Anyway I don't know, as I don't know either of the people involved (and likely lots of the people who do know them both don't really know either), but if we're speculating, this is my speculation.

Last edited:

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I don't condone abuse - physical or mental - never have...... But can we hear both sides of this? And by the way, FeeO @FionaO you put together some good posts, so I'm not trying to offend you, just want to hear the truth in this as it's all been one sided.........unless I've missed some comments from Mr Browne