TUF 26 to crown inaugural UFC women’s flyweight champion

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016

"A fourth women’s division is coming soon to the UFC.

"The UFC announced Wednesday that the upcoming 26th season of The Ultimate Fighter will exclusively feature the women’s flyweight division, with the goal of crowning the UFC’s inaugural 125-pound champion in the season’s finals.

"All women currently on the UFC roster will be allowed to submit their names for the tournament, as will females currently unsigned by the UFC...."

More: TUF 26 to crown inaugural UFC women’s flyweight champion

Last edited:

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
This must have been a press release. I didn't see it anywhere else. Unless I just missed it? I've been busy.

teamquestnorth

Lindland never cheated
Jan 27, 2015
First off, I thought this current season of TUF was the last one they were doing.

Its seriously like these WME guys want to make the UFC fail.

The drop off in ratings since the UFC brought in WMMA and the 155lb and below guys is crazy when you look at the numbers but not surprising

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015
First off, I thought this current season of TUF was the last one they were doing.

The drop off in ratings since the UFC brought in WMMA and the 155lb and below guys is crazy when you look at the numbers but not surprising
I guess Aldo vs McGregor didn't bring in the viewers we all thought...?

Ryann Von Doom

The Man
Jan 28, 2015
You could have tecia torres,esparza,danielle taylor, waterson,bi Nguyen some girls from jewels,rizin and kotc at 105. Tecia torres would probably have more power fighting people her size.
The match ups from the 115ers and dropping 135ers will be the lifes blood of the women's divisions. 105 will come, but only after 125 establishes itself in the UFC and bellator.

bully4me

Aug 10, 2015

How could you even say the 155 lb division? Kind of remember the 155 ruled when BJ was King of it, destroying all that came... Not to mention the ratings for UFC 94 Champion vs Champion GSP vs Penn II. Always Loved the deepest division in the UFC...

Ratings had a drop when the 205ers like Chuck, Rampage, Shogun and crew all started falling from grace and not many were replacing them... Take away the lower weight classes now your left with Woodley, Bisping, DC and Stipe as Champs, none of them exactly huge draws

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
There is definitely major talent at 105 out there, but there are also a bunch of girls cutting to sw who are really 125-ers, and hopefully this will give them some flexibility to go up and down in their careers. E.g. Calvillo and Gonzalez, who just fought, both had serious cuts to 115. Calvillo has fought at 125, idk about Gonzalez? But she definitely could.

Also, if Andrade might be interested. Isn't she the one who went from 135 to 115? Probably falls in the middle.

We have been questioning UFC's seeming obliviousness to the growth of Bellator, but with the women, Bellator announces a new 145, and UFC has to have one. Bellator announces a new 125, and suddenly there's a tuf tournament...maybe there's at least one competitive person left in the UFC marketing dept.