TUF finale is worst overall card in UFC history, surely?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015

Complete Results:

Nicco Montano def. Roxanne Modafferi via unanimous decision (live blog)
Sean O’Malley def. Terrion Ware via unanimous decision (29-28 x3)
Lauren Murphy def. Barb Honchak via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
Gerald Meerschaert def. Eric Spicely via second-round TKO (2:18)
Deanna Bennett vs. Melinda Fabian ruled a majority draw (29-27 Bennett, 28-28 x2)
Brett Johns def. Joe Soto via submission (calf slicer) (R1, 0:30)
Montana De La Rosa def. Christina Marks via sub (armbar) (1st, 2:00)
Ryan Janes def. Andrew Sanchez via third-round TKO (0:58)
Rachael Ostovich-Berdon def. Karine Gevorgyan via sub (armbar) (R1, 1:40)
Shana Dobson def. Ariel Beck via second-round TKO (2:53)
Gillian Robertson def. Emily Whitmire via submission (armbar) (R1, 2:12)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've edited this thread as I thought it was important to recognize a milestone of pure shit properly.

We all know the women TUFers are nobodies so let's just put that aside. Every other TUF of nobodies has had one featured bout between established fighters though - this is unprecedented in not even having that.

This card's featured bout is a guy who is 0-1 in the UFC vs a guy who is 0-0. Therefore the actual most important fight between two established UFC fighters is, drum roll please...

Joe Soto vs Brett Johns

Soto will now have the awesome distinction of being the effective headliner of the worst card in history and the actual headliner of perhaps the worst PPV in history (UFC 177).

Last edited by a moderator:

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
If WME can get away with feeding us shit sandwiches they will.
They won't get away with it though, that's my point. And it would cost them nothing to potentially get away with it.

ShakaSway

The Unintentional Voice of Reason
Oct 18, 2015
The main event is for a title, right? To them that is turning chicken shit into chicken cordon bleu.

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
The main event is for a title, right? To them that is turning chicken shit into chicken cordon bleu.
Last time they did that, they still had Stephens vs Oliveira advertised as the aforementioned advertised attraction of a mediocre-to-shit main event between established fighters. So still awful, but not this awful.

Research suggests that the featured bout of this card is a guy who is 0-1 vs a guy who is 0-0 in the UFC. Lol.

So there really is no precedent for this, it is absolutely, standalone, the worst card on paper in UFC history.

SCADA

Posting Machine
Oct 10, 2016
Wait...I forgot about season 20. There were 8 WMMA fights on that card....that was also the season that they introduced the 115 division.

T

The Big Guy

Im only going to watch to see if rachel ostovich tits pops out. If those fatbags flop out and do a proper bounce ill rate the whole card a A+

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
You a
Strongly disagree unless the criteria is number of fighters who don't have a vagina.
You are smoking crack.

If neither of these cards had happened and you had to vote for one you would vote for the China card.

Beleedat

C

Ceiling Fan

Are there more WMMA fights on the card than MMA fights?

EDIT: yes - yes there are. @jeicex has this happened before?
Yep, the TUF 20 finale had 8 WMMA fights on it (out of 11 total fights). This card is one shy of that record with 7.

Also, since you edited your post to tag me, I wasn't actually tagged by the post, I just saw it and responded.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
The fights will be great Believe me!

Especially after a 5 1/2 hour pregame