General Tupac glock cock

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Too swole to control

I’ll fight anyone on here except Sex Chicken
Oct 28, 2015
Lootin shootin, and pollutin your block
With fifteen shot,
Cocked glock to your knot ...

Can't cock a Glock retardo

And that's real as penitentiary steel

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
It’s cocked from depressing the trigger not racking the slide. Racking the slide resets it, not cocks it.
Not quite. Depressing the trigger only releases the striker, the slide moving rearwards pushes it back into the rearward position ready to be released again. The same way that on a single action the slide cocks the hammer and the trigger releases it.

M

member 3289

Fuck a Papa Doc, fuck a clock, fuck a trailer

Fuck everybody! Fuck y'all if you doubt me!

I'm a piece of fucking white trash, I say it proudly

And fuck this battle, I don't wanna win, I'm outtie

Here, tell these people something they don't know about me

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
Pulling the trigger on a striker fired weapon builds up tension on the spring to a point the sear can’t hold and it releases the striker. That’s what makes the gun safe without an external safety. They don’t have enough tension on the spring at rest to to create enough force for the striker to set off the primer. This is also why you will never get a light trigger on a striker fired gun compared to a firing pin and hammer mech.

I actually work on them. You don’t want to debate on this. Not to be a dick but it’s obvious from your post you don’t have an understanding how they actually work. For your explanation to be correct the gun would never fire because it wouldn’t be in battery if the slide had to go back to cock it. When the slide goes back on a striker fired semi auto it simply resets the trigger.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
That’s what makes the gun safe without an external safety.
The trigger shoe built on the face of the trigger is what stops the trigger from being able to move rearward.

For you explanation to be correct the gun would never fire because it wouldn’t be in battery if the slide had to go back to cock it.
You need to rack the slide to insert a round. Then you're off to the races.

When the slide goes back on a striker fired semi auto it simply resets the trigger
Whether or not the trigger resets from the slide moving backward is a manufacturer case by case basis. Many striker fired guns reset whether the slide move backward or not but you still don't get second fire capability because the slide needs to move rearward to reset the striker to a firing position.

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
Guys and gun myths are a funny subject. I have a friend who is a BSO deputy originally from NY. He carries his NYPD stamped Glock on duty down here. He told me has a special light pull trigger that only NYPD can get. I asked to take a look while telling him none of that was true before seeing it. I look and sure enough he has an NYPD orange trigger spring mech. I explain they actually increase trigger pull not lighten it besides being horrible. I also show him any Glock armorer can get them and so can just about anyone else. I showed him the lb. measurements are more not less and he still stuck to his misinformed beliefs.

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
The trigger shoe built on the face of the trigger is what stops the trigger from being able to move rearward.

You need to rack the slide to insert a round. Then you're off to the races.

Whether or not the trigger resets from the slide moving backward is a manufacturer case by case basis. Many striker fired guns reset whether the slide move backward or not but you still don't get second fire capability because the slide needs to move rearward to reset the striker to a firing position.
You have so many things here that have nothing to do with what you or I posted before. You are adding and mixing things in.

I stand by my previous posts 100% and what you stated before is 100% wrong.

A trigger safety isn’t thought of as an external safety BTW. You also described the way a Glock trigger safety works wrong.

I can’t think off the top of my head any striker fired pistol that resets the trigger without the slide being racked. That doesn’t mean there aren’t any I just can’t think of one. There are inserts to make this happen for practice dry firing with laser targets. Obviously no gun will fire without a chambered round.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
You have so many things here that have nothing to do with what you or I posted before. You are adding and mixing things in.

I stand by my previous posts 100% and what you stated before is 100% wrong.

A trigger safety isn’t thought of as an external safety BTW. You also described the way a Glock trigger safety works wrong.

I can’t think off the top of my head any striker fired pistol that resets the trigger without the slide being racked. That doesn’t mean there aren’t any I just can’t think of one. There are inserts to make this happen for practice dry firing with laser targets. Obviously no gun will fire without a chambered round.
No offense, but you sound a lot like a Glock armorer.

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
No offense, but you sound a lot like a Glock armorer.
No offense but you have NO understanding the way an internal striker fired pistol works. Why are you arguing with me when you are clearly wrong? .25 cent trigger jobs are also a myth. It takes diamond files and machine polishing to actually make a difference. Even than it shaves off a lb. Many Glock armorers can only repeat Glock gospel and think any aftermarket parts are bad. That isn’t true either.

It’s unfortunate that instead of learning something about what you clearly don’t understand you want to argue with me. There are animated gifs online to show EXACTLY how a glock operates. Maybe go watch one? You don’t know what you don’t know.

Too swole to control

Oct 28, 2015
It cocks after you pull the trigger.....

Glock, and a lot of other pistols, is striker-fired, and has no hammer. ... When pressing the trigger the following happens, 1, the safety in the trigger is disengaged, 2, the firing pin safety is disengaged, 3, the firing pin is fully cocked, 4, firing pin is released and ignites the primer.

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
Here's one. Notice how the trigger releases the firing pin and that it's reset on the slide moving backwards.

Really? Go back and read my posts where I actually pointed this out TWICE.

I’m not being a dick but I think you are mixing up terms because you just used my term where previously you said cocked. Cocked and reset are two different terms. As stated for the third time. A Glock at rest is not and can not be cocked. ONLY a trigger pull cocks a Glock striker. Only a racking of the slide resets a Glock trigger unless that dry firing piece I mentioned earlier is added.

Too swole to control

Oct 28, 2015
Additionally, there is a firing pin channel block. The firing pin block extends into the firing pin channel at a slightly offset angle, blocking about half the channel. The block is a cylinder and about one-third of it is machined to a smaller circumference. While at rest,the block extends down into the firing pin channel, blocking the firing pin

. The net effect is that when the pistol is at rest, the trigger bar cannot be moved. The resting position of the trigger bar blocks the firing pin lug, so the firing pin cannot move. Additionally, the striker end of the firing pin - which contacts the cartridge - is blocked by the firing pin channel block. Thus, the pistol cannot be drop-fired or fired by any action other than pulling the trigger..