General Tupac glock cock

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Is that Wand.?
yep, before he got his face smashed in and got that plastic surgery and a facial rebuild
Fred flintstone is played by one of MMA's best shogun rua

and meet SongExotic2 @Song9 (aka song2)
a force of nature from across the pond

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Interesting that Glock doesn't use the terms "cock" or "cocked" in the armorers manual. I even looked at the 5th gen manual and did a word search. It also doesn't use those terms in the owners manual. It makes sense given that you can't manually cock them in the traditional sense. As soon as you let trigger pressure off it goes back to it's resting spring tension.
if it's not a wheellock or a revolver, it doesn't have a cock.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Insulting me is cute but it doesn’t obsolve you of being ignorant. Words matterand you were wrong. I also stated previously at rest the striker is under some spring tension but not enough to set the primer off. Look I am was 100% correct in every single damn thing I wrote. You have been humbled but continue to act like an idiot about it. You aren’t winning little points. When I’m wrong about something which can happen often, I freely admit it and happy I learned something.
As I said, you sound a lot like a Glock armourer. Filthy @Filthy pretty succinctly explains it in the thread but you're sticking with the marketing jargon.

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
As I said, you sound a lot like a Glock armourer. Filthy @Filthy pretty succinctly explains it in the thread but you're sticking with the marketing jargon.
Jargon has NOTHING to do with the fact YOU didn’t understand the operation of the firing mechanism. That isn’t semantics. You were wrong.

I’m really not sure why you can’t either admit that or let it go. Your words are right there for everyone to see you didn’t mechanically understand the operation.

Last edited:

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Jargon has NOTHING to do with the fact YOU didn’t understand the operation of the firing mechanism. That isn’t semantics. You were wrong.

I’m really not sure why you can’t either admit that or let it go. Your words are right there for everyone to see you didn’t mechanically understand the operation.
does it make you feel better about being wrong about whether or not a G-Lock cocks on the cycling of the slide?

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Not quite. Depressing the trigger only releases the striker, the slide moving rearwards pushes it back into the rearward position ready to be released again. The same way that on a single action the slide cocks the hammer and the trigger releases it.
Seriously can't believe we missed the chance to go shooting when I was in Canada.

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
Oh I have no idea on the innner workings of pistols
Think of a slingshot where the bands are taught not limp. Just enough to take any play out. That’s how a Glock is at rest. Certainly not enough to fire a projectile. When you pull the trigger back think of pulling the slingshot back. That’s how it works. When the trigger is pulled back far enough building a pre determined spring tension the sear can’t hold it and it releases the striker to make contact with the primer and boom it goes.

Last edited:

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015

It's been explained to you many times with an animated diagram. Slide doesn't go back, striker doesn't get cocked. If you're still going to pretend it does I can't help you.

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
It's been explained to you many times with an animated diagram. Slide doesn't go back, striker doesn't get cocked. If you're still going to pretend it does I can't help you.
Moving the goal posts for third time doesn’t make you any less ignorant of the internal workings. Not sure if being stubborn or ignorant is your dominant trait.