Society Turns out Unemployment Benefits had no effect on the labor market

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
The gov't definitely needed to do something for people who were suddenly without a job through no fault of their own. But it's my belief they kept the faucet turned on way too long.
The faucet is still on in some red states… giving out bennies to those unvaccinated.

What’s your thoughts on extending unemployment benefits to those refusing to get vaccinated?

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
We’ve made it to the point where people’s profession is living of the government.

If people are not working, how are they surviving???
People taking 2 years off work is also really damaging to work ethic we basically trained the newer work force of 18-22 yrs old to not want to work. I predict we will have some other crisis in the future were younger folks call out 4 times a week from work.

Last edited:

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
Why doesn’t anyone want to work?

oh yeah…

More red states extend unemployment aid to vaccine opponents

In October, Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds — one of the Republicans who rushed to get people off of jobless aid in the spring — acted quickly to make unemployment benefits available to those who lost their jobs for refusing to get vaccinated. A month later, a handful of other red states had done the same thing. The Washington Post reported yesterday, meanwhile, that the list is gradually growing.

Workers who quit or are fired for cause — including for defying company policy — are generally ineligible for jobless benefits. But Arkansas, Florida, Iowa, Kansas and Tennessee have carved out exceptions for those who won't submit to the multi-shot coronavirus vaccine regimens that many companies now require.
Conservative officials in Wyoming, Wisconsin, and Missouri are reportedly weighing similar policies.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
UC system is public employment.
I am also going to say the logistics industry hires way more people than all the colleges in CA I guess the caveat is that logistics in CA isn't one employer but 1000's of companies.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
how much money was printed to pay half the country to stay home for 2 years? this is why inflation is out of control

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Lost track of this thread.

Did it turn out that everybody would have been better off if the money had just been defaulted back to more tax cuts for the struggling billionaire class, like it was supposed to?

??

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
the covid money printing was a yuge thing, and did nothing for those who pay for it
never forget

T

The Big Guy

When you took that govt funded educational vocational program, did you have to work so many hours to pay back the tax payers or how did that work?
I always know your little pussy is sore when you try to get personal.

Keep trying. I rooting for you to get a win

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
I always know your little pussy is sore when you try to get personal.

Keep trying. I rooting for you to get a win
So is that a yes, you had to complete x number of hours or no, zero accountability for the tax payers ‘investment’ into your education?

T

The Big Guy

So is that a yes, you had to complete x number of hours or no, zero accountability for the tax payers ‘investment’ into your education?
I only showed up to drink beer in the parking lot with the rest of the white boys. All the foreigners were inside struggling to grasp the concept of running water

White privilege. I'll teach you about it sometime

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
I only showed up to drink beer in the parking lot with the rest of the white boys. All the foreigners were inside struggling to grasp the concept of running water
Wait, you were considered that unskilled before the tax payers funded your vocational training?

Just think what you could have done with that handout if you actually appreciated the opportunity that was provided to you!!

T

The Big Guy

Wait, you were considered that unskilled before the tax payers funded your vocational training?

Just think what you could have done with that handout if you actually appreciated the opportunity that was provided to you!!
I was welding for years before I showed for a piece of paper

How much money has your family been given by the Canadians that built that country?

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
The faucet is still on in some red states… giving out bennies to those unvaccinated.

What’s your thoughts on extending unemployment benefits to those refusing to get vaccinated?
Companies shouldn't be forcing their employees to get vaccinated, so there shouldn't be any unvaxxed freeloaders.