Society Turns out Unemployment Benefits had no effect on the labor market

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
It's nothing to do with benefits.

Its down to covid. And capitalism.

People went back home because of the shit down.

Now those jobs are available thanks to the great reopening they are priced a bit higher.

Over here I haven't heard a foreign voice serve me for months. Just English youngsters. It's kind of nice actually. Nothing against immigration at all but it means that the great lie our youngsters didn't want the jobs was actually a lie.

I have many friends who are from the EU. All of them applied to stay before the deadline. And all are happy. Some are not getting free stuff like pre school but when I ask them why its because they haven't put in a tax form for 3 years.

That's on them for working off the books and relying on the tips.

The fact is there has never been more formal official EU member States citizens living in the UK than ever before.

6m at the last count.

I have no problem with that.

They just now have to be official thanks to brexit @Leigh
Just a month ago your Department of transport begged thousands of Germans with an pre 1998 German driver's license (which qualifies to operate heavy vehicles) in England to become HGV drivers. Regardless what they do or if they ever did operate such a vehicle.

Desperation.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Just a month ago your Department of transport begged thousands of Germans with an pre 1998 German driver's license (which qualifies to operate heavy vehicles) in England to become HGV drivers. Regardless what they do or if they ever did operate such a vehicle.

Desperation.
Germans driving heavy vehicles around Europe? That's never ended badly, has it?

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Imagine being the head of an investment bank in the UK and receiving a letter from the government begging you to drive trucks for a living.

But according to FINGERS @KYLE RITTENHOUSE
I see what some of these contracted drivers are getting on deliveries. That banker might get a raise if he gets behind the wheel.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Lies.
This never happens.
The more unemployment bennies you give people, the more they don't want the free money and actually go out looking for work.

I've seen studies.
You're right. I observed a few things in my industry which is barely a microcosm of the total economy and decided I have understood all decisions made by labor.

I've seen anecdotes.

M

member 1013

You're right. I observed a few things in my industry which is barely a microcosm of the total economy and decided I have understood all decisions made by labor.

I've seen anecdotes.
I defeated his anecdotes with mine own

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016

I've seen anecdotes.
When my anecdotal observations are the same as other people all across the country in all sorts of industries, is it still anecdotal? How many anecdotal accounts are needed before they are accepted as factual?

Or is it maybe a bullshit report with an agenda?

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
Pretty good.

Got a big pay raise and a new company car, already a couple of gifts sorted out, some more to go.

And I can get gas whenever I want to. Sounds luxurious for a Brit I know.

By gas do you mean petrol? That's fine now. Apart from the price. Same as the rest of the world. But because its happening here it's Brexit of course.

No I meant on a national level. I've just done a piece where Muti is shutting everything down for the second Christmas running.

It seems the average German isn't that keen on the vaccine and is suffering because of it.

Apparently the lowest take up of it in the western world. Silly sausages.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
By gas do you mean petrol? That's fine now. Apart from the price. Same as the rest of the world. But because its happening here it's Brexit of course.

No I meant on a national level. I've just done a piece where Muti is shutting everything down for the second Christmas running.

It seems the average German isn't that keen on the vaccine and is suffering because of it.

Apparently the lowest take up of it in the western world. Silly sausages.
Welp Corona isn't the first thing on my mind always and it's a thread about work, so.

But yeah the vac rate was/is shit, cases are high, Merkel is practically out of the job and we don't have the new government yet (as I predicted it would take time).
It was pretty laissez-faire for a while, and I expected things to get more stringent after the election, but for some reason nothing happened in the last couple of weeks and now it's gotta be even more stringent.

Honestly tho it doesn't phase me much and I'll get by. As I said it ain't the first thing on my mind luckily.

M

member 1013

When my anecdotal observations are the same as other people all across the country in all sorts of industries, is it still anecdotal? How many anecdotal accounts are needed before they are accepted as factual?

Or is it maybe a bullshit report with an agenda?
Just remember

there’s a big difference between a BOSS and a LEADER

now I’m off to clean these toilets.

?

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Just remember

there’s a big difference between a BOSS and a LEADER

now I’m off to clean these toilets.

?
I'm a leader, bruh.

Although I have 2 guys that insist on calling me "Boss". It's respectful, but I told them it isn't necessary and that "Sir" was perfecrly fine. ?

"Boss" always reminds me of Cool Hand Luke. "Shakin the tree here, boss!"

M

member 1013

I'm a leader, bru
Welp Corona isn't the first thing on my mind always and it's a thread about work, so.

But yeah the vac rate was/is shit, cases are high, Merkel is practically out of the job and we don't have the new government yet (as I predicted it would take time).
It was pretty laissez-faire for a while, and I expected things to get more stringent after the election, but for some reason nothing happened in the last couple of weeks and now it's gotta be even more stringent.

Honestly tho it doesn't phase me much and I'll get by. As I said it ain't the first thing on my mind luckily.
y youse guys being like dat

Although I have 2 guys that insist on calling me "Boss". It's respectful, but I told them it isn't necessary and that "Sir" was perfecrly fine. ?

"Boss" always reminds me of Cool Hand Luke. "Shakin the tree here, boss!"
I got a new all purpose cleaner

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016