Twitter knowledge please

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I have none and would like to be fluent. I'm very aware how google works but would prefer to be able to reply back with any questions I have. Just looking how to use it to its fullest as I feel like an idiot when I'm staring at the app. Some questions to start.... How many people can you tweet at once? Can you tweet gifs? Is there any etiquette I should be aware of? What are you doing tonight?

Priziesthorse

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
You get 140 characters to use per tweet. So for example if you were gonna tweet joe rogan, typing "@joerogan" would use up 9 of your characters. So you can tweet as many people as you want including whatever message you wanna send as long as it takes up 140 characters or less. Spaces count towards characters.

Regarding gifs... http://mashable.com/2014/06/19/twitter-gifs

In the search bar you can also type in anything you want. Names, places, events, whatever and it will show you a list of tweets from people around the world who used whatever you searched for in a specific tweet they wrote. Theres a list of keywords and phrases that you can see that are trending at a given time. Those are the most commonly used phrases and words being tweeted at the time.

Ministry of Silly Walks

came in like a wrecking ball
First 100
Amateur Fighter
Jan 15, 2015
I sucked Stillmatics WOODley;n22674 said:
I have none and would like to be fluent. I'm very aware how google works but would prefer to be able to reply back with any questions I have. Just looking how to use it to its fullest as I feel like an idiot when I'm staring at the app. Some questions to start.... How many people can you tweet at once? Can you tweet gifs? Is there any etiquette I should be aware of? What are you doing tonight?
you can tweet as many people as you can fit in 140 characters. i've seen people send links to gifs. you can say pretty much whatever you want on twitter. i'm snowed in, so come on baby light my fire.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Someone just gave me a very valuable tutorial. The #1 tip. Use hashtags wisely so you cast as big of a net, and reach as many people, as possible. For example, when I tweet out something about Ben Askren's Q&A, my tweet would look like this.

Come join @BenAskren tonight for an exclusive Q&A here: http://themmacommunity.com/forum/main-forum/20900-q-a-with-funky-ben-askren-2-15-9-30pm-et-8-30pm-ct #onefc #ufc #mma #olympicwrestling

By using those hashtags, my tweet will reach anyone that searches OneFC, UFC, MMA, or Olympic Wrestling.

My next tweet about the same subject, I may use the following hashtags: #roufusport #AnthonyPettis #wrestling...now I've reached anyone that searches those topics. Roufus being where Ben trains, and Pettis being a training partner still make sense in terms of who I'm trying to reach.

The #2 tip. Capture attention with the tweet.

If tweeting to promote something (like I was for Ben)...tweet it 2 times per day, for 3 days.

Hope that provides a little bit of help. I'm still learning as well.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Good stuff thanks. So when I'm using the search bar I don't need to enter a hashtag but when I tweet if I use a hash tag it'll show up if somebody searches it?

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I sucked Stillmatics WOODley;n22815 said:
Good stuff thanks. So when I'm using the search bar I don't need to enter a hashtag but when I tweet if I use a hash tag it'll show up if somebody searches it?
Correct