General Two US military bases in Iraq attacked

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I think most US personnel had been withdrawn from the bases prior to the attack. I hope so.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
he's the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces. If he says No the attack doesn't happen.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
he's the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces. If he says No the attack doesn't happen.

I wish I thought it worked like that.
IMO Maybe it once did, but now it is blackmail and puppet masters.

If you are correct, then yes he fucked up/is fucking up.

Def not worth debating, because the answer is far above our pay grades.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
So killing the man responsible, whom allegedly was also planning other similar acts wasn't an appropriate response?
don't you find it odd that the same people who told us that we couldn't trust the Deep State Intelligence community about the crimes of the POTUS are now telling us to give implicit trust to the Deep State Intelligence community about imminent attacks?

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
IMO Maybe it once did, but now it is blackmail and puppet masters.

If you are correct, then yes he fucked up/is fucking up.

Def not worth debating, because the answer is far above our pay grades.
"government" is the name we give to the stuff we do together.
If you're a citizen, our foreign policy and extra-Congressional activities of the Executive are right at your pay grade

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
don't you find it odd that the same people who told us that we couldn't trust the Deep State Intelligence community about the crimes of the POTUS are now telling us to give implicit trust to the Deep State Intelligence community about imminent attacks?
1) Not at all, and you're also conflating a bunch of different things here.
2) My opinion on any and all of that isn't relevant to the topic currently being discussed.

At the end of the day, U.S. soil was attacked. I'm asking you what an appropriate response is if it's not going after the person responsible.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
"government" is the name we give to the stuff we do together.
If you're a citizen, our foreign policy and extra-Congressional activities of the Executive are right at your pay grade

Regardless, I am not a fan of occupying the middle east in the first place and therefore saddened by this and any further action.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
1) Not at all, and you're also conflating a bunch of different things here.
2) My opinion on any and all of that isn't relevant to the topic currently being discussed.
OK - if there was actionable intelligence the POTUS should share that with the appropriate members of Congress. And should have done it before the attack was ordered. This idea has been around for months, and the people who we elected to provide oversight of these activities are being denied access to the relevant information.

It's not building trust. It's not the kind of tactics that a person with the Truth in the their back pocket would employ.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
Sure

but isn’t it odd the people that told us to trust the deep state about the Crimes of the POTUS are now tell us to not trust the Deep State intelligence community about imminent attacks?

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Sure

but isn’t it odd the people that told us to trust the deep state about the Crimes of the POTUS are now tell us to not trust the Deep State intelligence community about imminent attacks?
Exactly.

My take-away is "trust, but verify".