General Two US military bases in Iraq attacked

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 3289

Yes was supposed to be that way for awhile now.
So Trump would not "bomb the fuck out of Iran" after it unintentionally (in the words of both Iran and the U.S.) shot down a commercial airliner, even if it had 63 Americans onboard.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
So Trump would not "bomb the fuck out of Iran" after it unintentionally (in the words of both Iran and the U.S.) shot down a commercial airliner, even if it had 63 Americans onboard.
Amazingly we haven’t had Congress declare war since 1942.
Yet still managed to bomb the fuck out of lots of people.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
He’d just write a letter and claim constitutional authority.

On March 21, 2011, a number of lawmakers expressed concern that the decision of President Barack Obama to order the U.S. military to join in attacks of Libyan air defenses and government forces exceeded his constitutional authority because the decision to authorize the attack was made without Congressional permission.[31] Obama explained his rationale in a two-page letter, stating that as commander in chief, he had constitutional authority to authorize the strikes, which would be limited in scope and duration

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Well yeah, but why wipe the site just to admit it? Maybe were going to the cover up at one level and admission at another?
I’m curious as to how ‘wiping’ the site (I seem to remember 9/11 truthers using the same angle by the way) would help them cover up some extra conspiracy? If they shot it down, they shot it down. They might do some shenanigans at the command end - scapegoating etc. - but what’s the crash site going to tell you any more than what they’ve admitted?

Seems pretty obvious what’s happened. They were trying to cover it up and then realized they couldn’t get away with it.

M

member 3289

He’d just write a letter and claim constitutional authority.

On March 21, 2011, a number of lawmakers expressed concern that the decision of President Barack Obama to order the U.S. military to join in attacks of Libyan air defenses and government forces exceeded his constitutional authority because the decision to authorize the attack was made without Congressional permission.[31] Obama explained his rationale in a two-page letter, stating that as commander in chief, he had constitutional authority to authorize the strikes, which would be limited in scope and duration
What the fuck are you talking about?

Stop with the whataboutism. It makes you look ignorant.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I’m curious as to how ‘wiping’ the site (I seem to remember 9/11 truthers using the same angle by the way) would help them cover up some extra conspiracy? If they shot it down, they shot it down. They might do some shenanigans at the command end - scapegoating etc. - but what’s the crash site going to tell you any more than what they’ve admitted?

Seems pretty obvious what’s happened. They were trying to cover it up and then realized they couldn’t get away with it.
so you can't see a conspiracy as to why they would wipe the site
but think they got caught in a conspiracy and couldn't continue the lie

what type of conspiracy theorist are you sir?

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
The US just killed 30 civilians in an Afghanistan airstrike not 24 hours ago - something you probably won't hear on American news.

That's not 'whataboutism', as some of you dipshits who don't understand what that means might say, that's just a friendly reminder that civilians die in fuck ups in war all of the time, so you might want to stop clutching those pearls so tightly.

It's why wars are shit and you shouldn't get involved in them.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
No idea what you're on about since you're trying some truther equivalency in here too. You're always trying to twist my words into something extra and then sprinkle in a little bit of gotcha.

No one said the crash site would tell you anything more than what they've admitted. The admission is brand new.Just that wiping the site and admitting it was incongruous. They wasted their cover-up effort.

All I suggested that was possible it was sloppy as shit and in the immediate aftermath of the plane being downed some branch of government may have been looking to rapidly clean up before The State department portion of government got data and gave an admission. All I suggested was that incongruous actions might have had sloppy multiple people working on it in different portions of government. Nothing I said has anything to do about shooting it down differently just a statement of observation of the waste of the attempted cover-up.

Otherwise yes, as you said, it could be much more nefarious. They shot it down, immediately knew they shot it down, reported that to the Ayatollah. The Ayatollah directly ordered the cleanup. data points start coming in they realize that can't get away with it in the Ayatollah changes course.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
LOL @ this 'apology' - managing to blame the US.

Maybe Zelensky should authorize some air strikes ... in Iraq?

I would love to be a fly on the wall in the decision making process that has occurred in Iran in the last few days.

What were the arguments and favor and against?
How did they start a cover-up and then stop it?
Which poor bastard is about to get the death penalty in Iran for pushing button?

if people weren't dying this would be some of the greatest drama I've ever seen.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I would love to be a fly on the wall in the decision making process that has occurred in Iran in the last few days.

Which poor bastard is about to get the death penalty in Iran for pushing button?

if people weren't dying this would be some of the greatest drama I've ever seen.
I was an idiot and believed the initial engine failure explanation.
But now that I think about it, investigations usually take months to determine what happened in a crash. The black box and all that shit.

I think it likely boils down to a group of people who got caught in a situation that was way over their head. They fucked up and tried to deny it. Quickly realized that wasn't going to fly so their bosses decided to blame "US adventurism" to save what little face they had left.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015

I don't get the impression the airliner was shot down accidentally based on all that's happened.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
The US just killed 30 civilians in an Afghanistan airstrike not 24 hours ago - something you probably won't hear on American news.

That's not 'whataboutism', as some of you dipshits who don't understand what that means might say, that's just a friendly reminder that civilians die in fuck ups in war all of the time, so you might want to stop clutching those pearls so tightly.

It's why wars are shit and you shouldn't get involved in them.
Iran and America aren't in a war.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
What makes you think that?
The entire handling by both the Iranian and Canadian/ American governments. Iran immediately came up with a story that the plane just crashed "These things happen." Canada, Ukraine and anyone else with people on the plane offer help and are told to fuck off, "We'll sort it out we have the black boxes." Then the story started to unfurl "America says it was likely shot down." At which point Iran said it was "physically impossible for that to have happened." Trudeau then has a press conference where he says it was shot down "perhaps accidentally"< Note the very deliberate wording. Shortly after Iran wipes the crash site before anyone can see it and then says "Oh, the black boxes are damaged." If what I heard was correct as of noon yesterday (local time) the Supreme Leader was still denying any foul play whatsoever. Yesterday afternoon the Pompeo has a press conference and confirm what JT said again using the very specific wording of "It might have been shot down by mistake." Then all of a sudden The Supreme Leader says "Oh, I just found out we did fuck up, sorry." It seems a lot more like he was going to deny it forever until he thought "I can say this is an accident? Yeah, I'll do that." If anyone here thinks for a second that a guy who is referred to as the "Supreme Leader" finds things out like this 5 days after they happen, I've got some nice ocean front property in Saskatchewan to sell them.

The reason why the wording by the U.S. and Canadian governments is so important is that if you thought it was probably an accident (which I did until yesterday) When you had a press conference you'd say "Intelligence says the plane was shot down and it was likely an accident." Not "It might have been an accident." That kind of wording is reserved for things that probably didn't happen, not things that probably did. Couple that with the extremely cagey behavior of the Iranians, even by Iranian standards, and you have a situtation where it looks like a civilian liner was intentionally shot down. People are also kind of pretending that Iran might not have known what was in their own airspace at the time they launched a missile strike. That in itself is kind of absurd.

also what benefit could there be to shoot it down on purpose?
That to me is the only shred of doubt is I don't know why you'd do it. The only tenuous link I can make is that it was a Ukrainian airline. I don't doubt the Russians would like the the Ukraine to get involved with one of their allies who they could then support or possibly invade themselves.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I completely understand wanting to avoid unnecessary conflict but 63 Canadians were murdered by a terrorist government. I can’t imagine chalking that up to a bad day.
it wasn't murder. it was horrible mistake in the fog of war.