Tyron Woodley: ‘Delusional Dana’ White constantly demotes me as a fighter

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Two weeks ago, reports about a possible welterweight title fight between champion Tyron Woodley and Nate Diaz at UFC 219 began to float around. But during a media scrum on Tuesday, UFC president Dana White denied these rumors outright.

One of our attorneys here started playing matchmaker and said he has a good rapport with the Diaz brothers and he basically said, 'what if you could fight Tyron Woodley?' Me and Sean (Shelby) were like, 'How does he deserve to fight Tyron Woodley? There's a f—king list of guys that are waiting to fight Tyron Woodley and this dude's gonna fight... what are you talking about?’

So he kind of went off the reservation a little bit and…

Tyron Woodley: ‘Delusional Dana’ White constantly demotes me as a fighter

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
He's kinda got a point. Yes he's not the most exciting guy on the roster, but he's beaten a lot of tough guys during this run and he hasn't gotten any push whatsoever from the UFC. Matter of fact, they're borderline bashed the guy along the way.

ShakaSway

The Unintentional Voice of Reason
Oct 18, 2015
He's kinda got a point. Yes he's not the most exciting guy on the roster, but he's beaten a lot of tough guys during this run and he hasn't gotten any push whatsoever from the UFC. Matter of fact, they're borderline bashed the guy along the way.
I mean when you call your employers racist and delusional, there is a solid case not to cater to you.

Also not sure if he was directly responding to what White said in that article but Dana was actually giving him credit. Saying Nate doesnt deserve to fight Woodley (true, but would pay for it), and Woodley called him out for not promoting?

He does have a point, it would just have some more merit coming from someone else.

SickEye

"Sim sala bim bamba sala do saladim"
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Some nitwit with the UFC dangled what he figured was an easy, high profile fight in his face only to have it yanked away and now he’s bitter.
Can’t really blame him for being pissed but I have a hunch that he would bitch no matter what.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
The borderline bashing is because he does that same thing. If i talked shit about my employer i would be gone. He’s lucky he has enough leverage that he’s not getting shit canned for his attitude. Seems delusional to think they should give him a push when he’s always disgruntled.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
My favorite heel vs heel feud.

Woodley's whining is both annoying and stupid. He's actually proven he is more than willing to fight the top contenders in his division, and his public persona should have reflected that. Fans would respect him. Then he could have quietly angled for bullshit 'money fights' like Diaz, or Bisping or McGregor - whoever - without alienating people. Or go the full heel route and literally duck quality opponents as well as whining. Just not this weird middle ground.

Woodley is not a heel people want to see lose, he's a heel fans want to see go away. To use Cormac McCarthy's quote about women (which is the same psyche as the male MMA fanbase) "The truth is you can do anything to them except bore them."

distant1

Feb 13, 2017
he doesnt bring ratings that is why he gets treated the way he does, im not saying he is wrong; but he has attacked the ufc re professionalism and racism, so you can imagine how dana feels.

woodley wants money fights cus he can't create them in and of himself, an the closest thing he has to a fight that draws casual interest is versus covington..but he keeps being dismissive of colby. When covington has created enough interest to generate buys...and increase the take he may get on a ppv.

im not saying woodley is wrong but the ufc looks after the ufc the same way he looks after himself...

Mishima Zaibatsu

TMMAC’s resident musician
Feb 27, 2016
The guys boring, talks shit but not in an entertaining way like Conor, just an annoying way.

Pulls the race card. Whines all the time.

Hes had mostly boring fights in his title reign and is now looking to fight guys who are undeserving.

There are alot of reasons Tyron isnt getting a push, some might attribite it due to his race, but guaranteed, if he used all of his skills to wow the audience, talked some entertaining trash and put guys away, that wouldnt matter, people would pay to see him. WME would be all over promoting him if he actually gave people something to watch. Instead, outside of the fight to win the belt, hes put on stinker after stinker.

Hes a good looking, intelligent, and talented athletic specimen. The guys got alot going for him, but hes not using what hes got to his full advantage, plain and simple. Hed rather bitch that things arent fair than figure out how to make what hes got work for him.

You dont get respect by bitching and whining, you do it by giving the fans what they want and therefore what the UFC owners want: good fights.

The EZ Life

Posting Machine
Aug 6, 2015
I mean when you call your employers racist and delusional, there is a solid case not to cater to you.
If anything, I figure the ufc would promote as many people as possible with the chance to increase the $$$$ the whole company makes..even if they don’t necessarily like the fighter