Tyron Woodley Illiterate?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
When GSP said he was returning he was very open with the fact he only wanted big money fights. He mentioned this in many interviews and yet Tyron comes out with this.

Tyron Woodley to Georges St-Pierre: Be honest, admit why you’re really coming back to UFC

MMA Fighting Newswire

Tyron Woodley doesn’t think the competitive itch made Georges St-Pierrewant to return to the Octagon.

The current UFC welterweight champion, who recently successfully defended his belt against Demian Maia at UFC 214, believes St-Pierre has strictly made a comeback to MMA competition to bank on a big payday.

Both Woodley and St-Pierre were shortly linked to fight, as UFC president Dana White said the Canadian fighter would no longer be fighting for the middleweight title upon his return last week. Well, the possibility to fight the former welterweight king didn’t last long for Woodley since St-Pierre has been re-booked to fight 185-pound champion Michael Bisping at UFC 217 on Nov. 4 in New York.

Woodley believes St-Pierre didn’t return to fight top welterweights or have another title reign, but to simply take big fights that would set St-Pierre up for big paydays.

“I knew what he was coming back for,” Woodley explained Saturday on The Morning Wood Show. “I knew he wasn’t coming back to do another run and do what he has already done, he already has a name engraved on the record books. He’s coming back because he said, ‘Hey you know what ... Jon Jones, Conor, Ronda Rousey and all these fighters are making all this money, so I want to get in on some of this money.’

“What George St-Pierre needs to do is just to be honest. You’re not back in this sport to take on the welterweights, prove that you’re back and that the king is back, you’re not back for that, man. You’re here for super fights, you’re here to make a lot of money, because you helped build the business model for pay-per-view and there’s no shame in that, but just be real.”

Tyron Woodley to Georges St-Pierre: Be honest, admit why you’re really coming back to the UFC

Interview with George explaining he's only coming back for big fights.

Georges St-Pierre: ‘I'm going to do the biggest fights as possible, and I'm going to make history’
Ryan Harkness
YouTube / UFC

"I'm not gonna be the old GSP," he said. "If I come back as the same Georges St-Pierre as I was when I was very successful, I'm going to have a very bad fight the night of the fight. If I come back, it's because I am, my trainers are, and my training partners are convinced that I am a better version than I was when I used to compete. I beleive right now I've reached the perfect peak of athleticism, knowledge, and wisdom as a fighter, and I'm going to prove it to everyone."

"I don't know what's going to happen. We don't know who's up and down, it fluctuates so fast," he said. "I have a general idea, a general long term goal and a general direction. I'm 36 years old. I don't have a lot of fights left but I want to make them as big as possible, so everything I'm going to do, I'm going to do the biggest fights as possible, and I'm going to make history.”

Continued,

Georges St-Pierre Vows To Make History With Biggest Fights Ever

Two seconds on google and Tyron could have kept his foot out of his mouth. Woodley has to be the biggest whiner who's ever had a belt. Nothing is ever his fault and everyone is always hating on him because they're racist or don't understand fighting.

Best case scenario would be for GSP to come back beat Bisbing, Tyron and retire with both belts.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
Yeah we need someone to get in there and take Tyron out because everyone is sick of his whining. He is a really shitty champ.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
Frat:
Gsp said on multiple occasions he is only coming back for big money fights. Tyron basically says gsp needs to keep it real and tell everyone why he's really back, he only wants big money fights.
How's he ever going to learn to read with you coddling him like that?

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Frat:
Gsp said on multiple occasions he is only coming back for big money fights. Tyron basically says gsp needs to keep it real and tell everyone why he's really back, he only wants big money fights.
Was struggling to interpret the illiteracy.....me bloody head gets it now

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
it is impossible for tyron to say anything without sounding like an asshole. no one wants to see tyron fight gsp.both guys are accused of being boring.there is no money in fighting tyron.tyron needs to be honest with why he wants to fight gsp.he is hoping that people tune in to watch gsp and he doesnt end up becoming the WW mighty mouse

T

The Big Guy

Georges has thrown more punches in the last 3 years than tyron has in his last 3 fights

Ghost Bro

Wololo ~Leave no turn unstoned
Nov 13, 2015
Don't think he's illiterate just not very smart..doesn't think ahead.

That's why you feint him like McDonald did. GSP would do the same to a decision, I think he's afraid of his power though, so he's going with Bisping

Primera

Aug 14, 2017
Why illiterate though? Seems like an unnecessarily insulting way to describe Woodley's perspective on GSP's return.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
Why illiterate though? Seems like an unnecessarily insulting way to describe Woodley's perspective on GSP's return.
If it makes you feel better replace Illiterate with 'can't use google' or 'refuses to research before telling lies' or 'maybe not Illiterate but would rather disrespect his opponent by spreading lies than read multiple available articles'.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
This. Also you can clearly see him reading in the freestyle video soooo......
If it makes you feel better replace Illiterate with 'can't use google' or 'refuses to research before telling lies' or 'maybe not Illiterate but would rather disrespect his opponent by spreading lies than read multiple available articles'.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
I think he feels passed by as the current WW champ, and I think it is smart to talk about GSP if you want to stay in the headlines. So I don;t think he's illiterate or dumb, I think he's trying to keep within GSP's radar, maybe in case, GSP loses to Bisping.

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016
when I was a kid they just use to call them negroes, now they have these fancy words that are way too PC

wtf? - splinty

Last edited by a moderator:

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
when I was a kid they just use to call them negroes, now they have these fancy words that are way too PC
Not sure where that came from. Tyron may play the race card occasionally but no one has brought it up or has been race baiting in this thread.

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016
Not sure where that came from. Tyron may play the race card occasionally but no one has brought it up or has been race baiting in this thread.
I apologise, I forgot I needed to wait for Tyron to racebait again before I could comment about it :D