Tyson out, Perry in against Jake Paul

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Flying Knee

Jun 11, 2024
1718238759682.png

Famous YouTube star and boxer Jake Paul was set to face former heavyweight champion Mike Tyson on July 20, but the fight was postponed after Tyson suffered a "medical scare" on a recent flight. The medical scare was deemed to be an ulcer flare-up, and Tyson is expected to make a full recovery.

Initially, the boxing match between Tyson and Paul was set to move forward, even after the scare, but it was revealed that Tyson couldn't train fully in preparation for the fight. The boxing match set for July 20 was then pushed to Nov. 15. Though many expected Paul to wait, he reportedly has chosen to face off against a new opponent on July 20.

View: https://twitter.com/bjpenndotcom/status/1800667587837345998

Last edited by a moderator:

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
So instead of fighting an old guy, he's going to fight a guy that's a lot smaller than him.

Thuglife13

✝👑🍕🍦🍩
Dec 15, 2018
Red Panty Night for Perry...

Darren Till punching the air right now lol...

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
So instead of fighting an old guy, he's going to fight a guy that's a lot smaller than him.
All his fights have been against smaller retired old men, with the exception of Tommy Fury. I like this fight more than against a 60 year old, but yes, size difference should be huge. This might set up his MMA fight since Perry is very beatable in MMA as well. Paul is apparently a very good wrestler.

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
All his fights have been against smaller retired old men, with the exception of Tommy Fury. I like this fight more than against a 60 year old, but yes, size difference should be huge. This might set up his MMA fight since Perry is very beatable in MMA as well. Paul is apparently a very good wrestler.
I like this fight better than the Tyson fight as well. I was just pointing out how much of a bitch JP is.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
I like this fight better than the Tyson fight as well. I was just pointing out how much of a bitch JP is.
He's figured out a way to make tens of millions of dollars in combat sports without a promoter bending him over. I didn't like it to begin with, but seeing how much he pisses off boxing promoters and Dana, it really makes me laugh now. More power to the guy.

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
He's figured out a way to make tens of millions of dollars in combat sports without a promoter bending him over. I didn't like it to begin with, but seeing how much he pisses off boxing promoters and Dana, it really makes me laugh now. More power to the guy.
Yeah, I agree. He is making piles of cash, but he's no boxer. Also, didn't he or his brother scam a bunch of people a while back and never paid up even after publicly stating he would?

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Yeah, I agree. He is making piles of cash, but he's no boxer. Also, didn't he or his brother scam a bunch of people a while back and never paid up even after publicly stating he would?
I don't know about the scamming. Was it a sponsorship company that they pushed who was fraudulent? Either way, he's earned more money in his short spectacle "boxing" career than most great boxers. Because of that he's also raking in tons of money from endorsement deals. Then of course he makes money from Youtube. It's got to have fighters pretty pissed off at the path they are on, and in turn really pissed at the contracts they signed with any given organization or promoter. Woodley probably made more for his 2 fights with Paul than in his entire career (that's a guess).

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
I just looked it up. It was a crypto scam.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAyE2NIhbDo

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uvv-7Eeseak
Tom Brady, Kim Kardashian, Drake, and some other celebs are involved in some crypto scams as well. Doesn't justify it, but if they are the influencers hired to push some bullshit, I "can" see why they perhaps didn't vet it, since crypto is new technology and I'm ignorant on it and don't see any value in it to begin with. Seems like a fools playground, but plenty of people have made a boatload of money off of it.

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
the only way this would be interesting is if it were bareknuckle
I feel like Perry will talk mad shit
and hype the fight with Paul

Then lose a decision that looks good

Bareknuckle it would be decisive for sure

jason73

Auslander Raus
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
i am surprised they didnt try to get buster douglas to step in . 64 with no training camp seems to fit the jake paul business model

Thuglife13

✝👑🍕🍦🍩
Dec 15, 2018
He also has one of the hottest girls in the world...

jutta-leerdam-dutch-speed-skater-v0-js4lxlh0qx2c1.jpg

Lamont Cranston

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
He and his brother did a crypto scam.

Lamont Cranston

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Also, "Prime" drink" is pretty scammy but at least you get something when you buy it.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015