General U.S., Russian warships nearly collide in East China Sea

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

MovinOn

Canis lupus familiaris
Jan 3, 2018

A Russian warship and a US warship have come close to collision in the western Pacific Ocean, with each side blaming the other for the incident.

Russia's Pacific Fleet said the cruiser USS Chancellorsville crossed just 50m (160ft) in front of the destroyer Admiral Vinogradov at 06:35 Moscow time (03:35 GMT).

It was forced to perform "emergency manoeuvring" to avoid the US ship.

But US forces blamed the Russians, claiming their ship was responsible.

US Seventh Fleet Commander Clayton Doss called the Russians "unsafe and unprofessional", saying their destroyer "made an unsafe manoeuvre against USS Chancellorsville". He dismissed the Russian allegation as "propaganda".

Admiral Vinogradov came within 50 to 100 feet (15m-30m) of the USS Chancellorsville in the Philippine Sea, the US said.

The Russian Pacific Fleet meanwhile said the incident took place in the southeast of the East China Sea, and added they had sent a message of protest to the US ship's commanders.

In a statement it said the US warship had "suddenly changed direction and crossed the path of Admiral Vinogradov just 50m away," forcing the Russian crew to make a quick manoeuvre.

View: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-48553568

View: https://i.imgur.com/ZOnIOxi.gif

M

member 3289

They don't want none.

Also in before all the homos on here start giving Putin an e-bj

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
The video is only partial, probably on purpose.

If to starboard red appear, 'tis your duty to keep clear.

Did the Russian ship try cross the T towards the us ship? If so, the us ship professionally has the right of way.

Is the us ship overtaking? Give the Russians the right of way.

Video tells nothing.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
But this pic....Russians fault.

Russians approach and make a hard turn to overtake.

They caused this clearly. Wrong on every rule.

I'm sure this was a "freedom of navigation" operation by the US to continue reminding China they don't own the South China sea because they built fake islands. Russia is backing up China through this maneuver.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
But this pic....Russians fault.

Russians approach and make a hard turn to overtake.

They caused this clearly. Wrong on every rule.

I'm sure this was a "freedom of navigation" operation by the US to continue reminding China they don't own the South China sea because they built fake islands. Russia is backing up China through this maneuver.
Such childish games. Since the election, Russia is just becoming a habitual line stepper.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
That was perfectly acceptable grammatically.
For the course, yes, I'd agree.
But I command a different level of proposition than does TMMAC.

I'd have said, "Mr. sparkuri @sparkuri .
Mr. Splinty @Splinty .
Thank you for taking the time to be with us here today.
* A question, for each of you, and feel free to collaborate together, or respond individually as you see fit...

Given the opportunity, in a situation where Vladimir Putin were in a Presidential runoff with opponent Donald Trump, for whom would you vote for, and why?

Thank you, and I'll take your responses off the air."