UFC’s Fight Pass has 400,000 subscribers, which is up from 330,000 at the time of the sale.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
I never believe any of ufc's claimed numbers.
You don't have to

But UFC has to release numbers & file every year & they have to release investor documents
But I'm not sure where Deadline got those numbers & that is why I said "report"

But UFC does have to release real numbers & a lot of those I do pass on
Numbers DW says at pressers (outside of gate) don't believe though ;)

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
You don't have to

But UFC has to release numbers & file every year & they have to release investor documents
But I'm not sure where Deadline got those numbers & that is why I said "report"

But UFC does have to release real numbers & a lot of those I do pass on
Numbers DW says at pressers (outside of gate) don't believe though ;)
I'm not pointing the finger at you. I'm simply saying that I don't believe the ufc. Take money/mac for example. UFC got mad at showtime for ot inflating the ppv numbers. Espinoza laid out a specific reason for not doing so, stating not only was is dishonest, but they were a publicly traded company, and therefore had to report accurate numbers due to statements given to investors, as well as the reglatory bodies on the exchange. UFC flipped, saying showtime is dishonest and will never do business with them again, yet no lawsuit filed. There are other examples of misleading numbers, but that one sticks out since Espinoza laid out specific reasons, sited audits, regulations etc...

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
I'm not pointing the finger at you. I'm simply saying that I don't believe the ufc. Take money/mac for example. UFC got mad at showtime for ot inflating the ppv numbers. Espinoza laid out a specific reason for not doing so, stating not only was is dishonest, but they were a publicly traded company, and therefore had to report accurate numbers due to statements given to investors, as well as the reglatory bodies on the exchange. UFC flipped, saying showtime is dishonest and will never do business with them again, yet no lawsuit filed. There are other examples of misleading numbers, but that one sticks out since Espinoza laid out specific reasons, sited audits, regulations etc...
I never thought you were taking a shot at me
I was saying that the numbers I release are not from DW's mouth but legal filings

The Dana/SHO thing is a bit more complicated than that
By most accounting/reports MayMac did beat MayPac worldwide, mainly due to UK breaking records & doing 1.1m buys
In US, MayPac beat MayMac
Dana & Conor were saying that SHO downplayed the worldwide numbers in the release to make MayPac look bigger & there is truth to that

Of course Dana said they did 6.5m worldwide the day after the event & that is/was pure BS & dana (like I said) lies with numbers except gates

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
It's odd how that information is buried as a throw away line in parentheses in what is otherwise a more 'doom and gloom' type of article.

That doesn't mean it isn't true, but I'm skeptical.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
I never thought you were taking a shot at me
I was saying that the numbers I release are not from DW's mouth but legal filings

The Dana/SHO thing is a bit more complicated than that
By most accounting/reports MayMac did beat MayPac worldwide, mainly due to UK breaking records & doing 1.1m buys
In US, MayPac beat MayMac
Dana & Conor were saying that SHO downplayed the worldwide numbers in the release to make MayPac look bigger & there is truth to that

Of course Dana said they did 6.5m worldwide the day after the event & that is/was pure BS & dana (like I said) lies with numbers except gates
Though I disagree with what you stated, I respect your opinion.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Disagree with what exactly?
& respectfully disagreeing is cool & needed ... good job
Showtime would have all the reason in the world to boast their numbers. They have no reason to downplay their numbers. Being the highest grossing (revenue), highest selling (strictly numbers), hishest gate, highest whatever in history is something they would certainly report and brag about. The event being the highest grossing in the UK is great, but that doesn't make it the highest grossing of all time, as it was at a discounted buy rate in the UK, and the UK is only one country (1.1m is the number I'm seeing, but nothing verified). Was it the highest sold ppv of all time? Was it the most watched? What was it? I'm not asking these questions of you, but I am saying it was very successful, but not as successful as ufc wants people to believe. I personally think Showtime has nothing to hide here, since a ore successful event makes them look stronger.

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
Showtime would have all the reason in the world to boast their numbers. They have no reason to downplay their numbers. Being the highest grossing (revenue), highest selling (strictly numbers), hishest gate, highest whatever in history is something they would certainly report and brag about. The event being the highest grossing in the UK is great, but that doesn't make it the highest grossing of all time, as it was at a discounted buy rate in the UK, and the UK is only one country (1.1m is the number I'm seeing, but nothing verified). Was it the highest sold ppv of all time? Was it the most watched? What was it? I'm not asking these questions of you, but I am saying it was very successful, but not as successful as ufc wants people to believe. I personally think Showtime has nothing to hide here, since a ore successful event makes them look stronger.
These are the official numbers:
MayPac
4.6 domestic & 700k UK
MayMac
4.3 domestic & 1.1m UK

Espinoza worded his reply to Dana & Conor to specifically state it was domestic

As to why?
Espinoza is very much like Dana & both are dicks & will fudge to make a point

Also as far as you not seeing the UK number as "verified", these numbers come directly from SKY themselves

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Interesting. Taking the UK out of the equation, or leaving them in and tallying global buys, how would the numbers change? A boost in UK numbers do not necessarily outdo global numbers when comparing the two events. May/pac was 6 years or more in the making, and boxing is a larger sport. One (me) could assume that the higher buy rate globally would be the may/pac over the may/pac. Perhaps the UK price for this ppv could push it into the highest grossing event, since 3rd world countries don't necessarily follow a ppv model. I doubt the philippines for example has a ppv model since the country is very poor. Are there solid numbers from all ppv countries for both events?

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Another hypothetical here is does showtime just sell rights to air the fight in other countries where buy rates don't dictate what showtime is paid after the event? Ie. a set fee where buy rates don't need to be tracked because showtime receives a flat fee regardless of one buy or millions, therefore no accurate tracking.

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
Interesting. Taking the UK out of the equation, or leaving them in and tallying global buys, how would the numbers change? A boost in UK numbers do not necessarily outdo global numbers when comparing the two events. May/pac was 6 years or more in the making, and boxing is a larger sport. One (me) could assume that the higher buy rate globally would be the may/pac over the may/pac. Perhaps the UK price for this ppv could push it into the highest grossing event, since 3rd world countries don't necessarily follow a ppv model. I doubt the philippines for example has a ppv model since the country is very poor. Are there solid numbers from all ppv countries for both events?
Very few buys/countries had this fight outside of US/UK, no other country is big enough to make up the difference
SHO struck TV deals because of the time difference
As far as UK goes, Conor is huge in UK, that is why it beat MayPac by over 50%
Regarding gross, SHO said both did over $600m

Since I was not on here at the time, I thought MayMac would fall short domestic, so i have no reason to play the numbers (not saying you said that)

Bottom line: they are 1a & 1b (depending how you look at it)

I don't know about on here, but Sherdog* was hysterical.

In this order (SD nitwits):
  1. Fight will never happen
  2. Fight will never be sanctioned
  3. Fight won't do 1m domestic
  4. Fight won't do 2m domestic
  5. Fight won't do 3m domestic
  6. Fight won't do 4m domestic
  7. Fight won't do 4.6m domestic

Fight does 4.3m domestic & ...
SEE I TOLD YA

*there are a lot of good posters on SD, just the nitwits are loud