UFC’s Phillipe Nover announces retirement from MMA, will focus on nursing career

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Phillipe Nover has announced his retirement on social media, following a hard fought decision loss to Rick Glenn at UFC 208. The Filipino-American fighter took to social media to talk about his decision.

Nover, 33, has been balancing a full-time job as a nurse during his fighting career. He says he will hang up the gloves and now focus on that other part of his life.

Nover retires, will focus on nursing

distant1

Feb 13, 2017
nover has a legit career to turn to unlike alot of guys who gave up well paying opp just to fight, so he don't have to worry about the next stage of his life cus he stayed busy as a nurse..very smart guy...very smart.

little disappointed that a guy w/his talent didnt get more out of it, but at least he got his shot to show what he could do at every level of mma, more than most people

Carbazel

Freelance MMA Analyst
Aug 8, 2015
Does anyone think all these UFC fighter retirement announcements have something to do with the new owners? Someone said that to me the other day and I was like, "No....maybe?"

What do you guys think?

Ryann Von Doom

The Man
Jan 28, 2015
Does anyone think all these UFC fighter retirement announcements have something to do with the new owners? Someone said that to me the other day and I was like, "No....maybe?"

What do you guys think?
I do. Behind the scenes is a mess right now, and more than likely will be for the next year. Like I said last year, the fertellis will come back and buy it all for pennies on the dollar.