Welcome to Our Community

Registering Now takes less than 60 seconds and gives you access to additional features. Register now to dismiss this and other notices.

UFC’s Phillipe Nover announces retirement from MMA, will focus on nursing career

Discussion in 'Cageside - MMA Discussion' started by Wild, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Wild

Wild TMMAC's most handsome Admin
    Admin

Ratings:
    +80,359
    [​IMG]

Phillipe Nover has announced his retirement on social media, following a hard fought decision loss to Rick Glenn at UFC 208. The Filipino-American fighter took to social media to talk about his decision.

Nover, 33, has been balancing a full-time job as a nurse during his fighting career. He says he will hang up the gloves and now focus on that other part of his life.

Nover retires, will focus on nursing

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Nemo?

Nemo? Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Ratings:
    +4,140
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Ryann Von Doom

Ryann Von Doom The Man

Ratings:
    +6,041
    Good for him, he'll actually be able to make a living for himself and a family.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. distant1

distant1 Active Member

Ratings:
    +112
    nover has a legit career to turn to unlike alot of guys who gave up well paying opp just to fight, so he don't have to worry about the next stage of his life cus he stayed busy as a nurse..very smart guy...very smart.

little disappointed that a guy w/his talent didnt get more out of it, but at least he got his shot to show what he could do at every level of mma, more than most people

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Tiiimmmaaayyy

Tiiimmmaaayyy First 100 ish

Ratings:
    +4,798
    Is it too late for him to get on the cast of the new TUF? He could win that bitch.

6. Carbazel

Carbazel MMA Analyst for Frontproofmedia.com

Ratings:
    +631
    Does anyone think all these UFC fighter retirement announcements have something to do with the new owners? Someone said that to me the other day and I was like, "No....maybe?"

What do you guys think?

7. Ryann Von Doom

Ryann Von Doom The Man

Ratings:
    +6,041
    I do. Behind the scenes is a mess right now, and more than likely will be for the next year. Like I said last year, the fertellis will come back and buy it all for pennies on the dollar.

Draft saved Draft deleted