UFC 1 THE BEGINNING

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hong Kong Phooey

Spreading The Coronavirus one Corona at a Time
Feb 12, 2015
UFC 1 co-created by Rorion Gracie and Art Davie, used an eight-man tournament format, with the winner receiving $50,000.[5] The tournament featured fights with no weight classes, time-outs, or judges. The two rules, no biting or eye gouging, were to be enforced only by a $1,500 fine. The match only ended by submission, knockout, or the fighter's corner throwing in the towel. Gloves were allowed, as Art Jimmerson showed in his Quarterfinal bout against Royce Gracie, which he fought with one boxing glove.

Royce Gracie won the tournament by defeating Gerard Gordeau via submission due to a rear naked choke.[6] The refereesfor UFC 1 were João Alberto Barreto and Hélio Vigio, two veteran vale tudo referees from Brazil.

The commentary team for the pay-per-view was Bill Wallace, Jim Brown, and Kathy Long, with additional analysis from Rod Machado and post-fight interviews by Brian Kilmeade. Jason DeLucia was an alternate for the event, having defeated Trent Jenkins in the alternate bout. However, as no fighter pulled out during the tournament, he was not called upon.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I ran into Dave Levicki a couple years ago.
He was an alternate.
He's a property manager now.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
All of you need to bow down to me

I watched this on Ppv by accident as my friend who did significant amounts of cocayane invited me and 5 other people over to smoke weed (well, they prolly did other drugs, but not me) and said “let’s watch this fighting shit that’s on”

And yes, haters, it did happen......I’m comfortable knowing I watched it and fuck off non believer, you wouldn’t understand....you never will, go back to the basement

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015

I watched this on Ppv by accident as my friend who did significant amounts of cocayane invited me and 5 other people over to smoke weed (well, they prolly did other drugs, but not me) and said “let’s watch this fighting shit that’s on”

And yes, haters, it did happen......I’m comfortable knowing I watched it and fuck off non believer, you wouldn’t understand....you never will, go back to the basement
You got me beat. I didn't see it until 1995 when a friend had it on vhs. Started watching live events a year or two later when we got a hacked cable box, which was nice because I got to watch all the Pride events also. I used to record all the events so I didn't miss any.

Hong Kong Phooey

Spreading The Coronavirus one Corona at a Time
Feb 12, 2015
25 years later , now that ive payed to dupe all the dark years into a library they are starting to release them. They are trying to bring back the memories of the originals vs todays fights.

Jan 21, 2015
They have put up a couple full events on YouTube recently-
The first Vitor UFC fight...

View: https://youtu.be/xkydmsTPmaE
This thread is gold, thanks OP

That Vitor fight is what got me back into UFC, I saw the future of the sport in him right there.

LOL I remember finding it in a video store while staying with my grandparents. My grandfather still pretty much believed pro wrestling was real fighting, when I showed him the Belfort fight he was speechless.

Judobill

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015

I will not bow down to you friend. I watched this shit on purpose. I ordered it in my very first apartment in Benicia Ca. I had a bunch of guys from my work over to watch. I had an awesome fish tank too.

Jan 21, 2015
I started watching @ UFC 2. A friend at work was raging about UFC 1, telling me about Shamrock. I thought he'd be a big irish pikey that fights like this:

UFC 2 blew my mind, Scott Morris getting his skull caved in etc.

I was hooked for a while but then the fights started getting really terrible. Vitor picked me back up, then it lulled again for a while. Then PRIDE 2000 GP and Sakuraba locked me for good, started me training and I never went back.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2015
LOL watching now... I forgot that one commentator was comically terrible with names

He must have said Teila Tuli's name 25 times, each time differently and every time wrong.