UFC 187 bonuses: You know Andrei Arlovski and Travis Browne got paid $50,000

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

LAS VEGAS – Daniel Cormier, Chris Weidman, Andrei Arlovski and Travis Browne each earned $50,000 bonuses for their performances at Saturday’s UFC 187 event.

Champions Cormier and Weidman won “Performance of the Night” bonuses, while Arlovski and Browne earned “Fight of the Night” honors.

UFC officials announced the winners at the post-event news conference, which MMAjunkie attended.

Cormier (16-1 MMA, 5-1 UFC) submitted Anthony Johnson (19-5 MMA, 10-5 UFC) in the third round of their fight for the vacant light heavyweight title in the main event. He had to weather an early knockdown from the powerful Johnson, but then let his superior wrestling take over.

Weidman (13-0 MMA, 9-0 UFC) pounded out Vitor Belfort (24-11 MMA, 13-7 UFC) in the first round – and also had to survive some early trouble. Belfort hurt the champion and appeared to have him in trouble. But when Weidman took him to the ground, it was the beginning of the end for the Brazilian.

And Arlovski (24-10 MMA, 13-4 UFC) and Browne (17-3-1 MMA, 8-3-1 UFC) put on one of the best first rounds in UFC history. Arlovski consistently had Browne on the ropes and wobbling, but Browne turned the tide and dropped the former heavyweight champion with a punch. Arlovski survived that, though, and went on to stop Browne late in the first.

UFC 187 bonuses: You know Andrei Arlovski and Travis Browne got paid $50,000 | MMAjunkie

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Good stuff. Arlovski is my favorite heavyweight, it's great to see him back in the ufc, as a fan I was scared shit less he was being used as an ex champ to pad the new bloods records. Last night was another great win for him

Fucking warrior

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
And further on what I mentioned earlier, I beleive the ufc signed him again to get his ass kicked And boost their other heavys. Andre ain't got time for that, I don't think he can win the belt again but at least he will finish his career in the big leagues where he belongs

WoodenPupa

Feb 14, 2015
The entire main card should get bonuses. Even in the shorter fights the winners had to work hard. A budo-filled night.

BJTT-Rizzo

Tanaka Clan
Feb 16, 2015
And further on what I mentioned earlier, I beleive the ufc signed him again to get his ass kicked And boost their other heavys. Andre ain't got time for that, I don't think he can win the belt again but at least he will finish his career in the big leagues where he belongs
And he's gunna bring it every time too. He's goes for it.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
And he's gunna bring it every time too. He's goes for it.
Frank, normally he does and far be it from to criticise any of the guys who fight but the one time that perplexed me was the Schaub fight...........but good lord, did he bring it the other night, he was on a mission.

P

Punch

Frank, normally he does and far be it from to criticise any of the guys who fight but the one time that perplexed me was the Schaub fight...........but good lord, did he bring it the other night, he was on a mission.
AA's reasoning behind the Schaub fight:

"Honestly, I felt and I still feel really horrible. I'm glad Dana White isn't here because he's probably so pissed at me.
"He gave me a great opportunity, and I didn't like my performance, my fight, tonight."
"For some reason, I was nervous a lot," he said. "Before the fight when I stepped in the octagon, my legs and hands shook for some reason. I was just nervous. It was like the first time I fought 14 years ago."
"My plan was to knock him out, and it was left up to the judges. But like I said, I wasn’t happy with my performance tonight.
"Next time, I promise I’ll do much better."