UFC 187: Cormier vs. Johnson (Discussion Thread) - May 23, 2015

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Darqnezz

Merkin' fools since pre-school
Apr 25, 2015
Rumble needs to work on that Jiujits. People just don't understand how tiring it is to get some fat dude that knows how to rassle off of you.

WoodenPupa

Feb 14, 2015
We all know who the real champ is. Props to DC though. He saw his chance and made it happen. Hopefully Jones actually does get his shit together and we can see Jones-Cormier II.

Ministry of Silly Walks

came in like a wrecking ball
First 100
Amateur Fighter
Jan 15, 2015
Rumble needs to work on that Jiujits. People just don't understand how tiring it is to get some fat dude that knows how to rassle off of you.
agreed. he has good cardio, but it's not grappling cardio. i could only run a mile or two, but i could grapple for over an hour straight. it's two completely different things. he needs a tough wrestling coach that will put it on him.

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I think if DC would forget about Jones and just be himself he will keep the belt. He didnt have to worry about Jones when he fought Johnson, He shouldnt have even mentioned Jones in the post fight. Just forget about him and move on, defend your belt. If he goes into a defense against Jones with a clear head he beats Jones.

WoodenPupa

Feb 14, 2015
Well the BJJ artists don't usually succeed in getting high level wrestlers off them either. They are better at not taking damage though. But that said, Rumble's guard could use a level-up. I'm just not sure how much he can improve it at this point.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
On behalf of survivors everywhere, looks like Rumble didn't have survival skills himself. Happy with the result.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
Most fulfilling event in a while with AA ,Weidman, cowboy, and DC winning. I can't remember the last time this many of my favorite fighters won in one night.

Stillmatic

Posting Machine
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
what does it mean now? DC has a champ belt without beating a champion. Feels weird!