UFC 187 post fight presser

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ChaosOverkill

Conor is ushering in the Chomochiq fashion era.
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
DId Dodson just say he thought he beat Mighty Mouse in their first fight?

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Just looked at the top 15 rankings for LHW. Can't say I'm excited about any of those potential title fights. Not sure how quickly Jones can get past his legal troubles, but DC v Jones II at MSG would draw a ton of excitement.

easedel

Jan 18, 2015
I don't blame Bader for standing up. DC took shots at him when he found out Bader was putting his name out there to replace Jones. Thats when DC started acting like a dick, like who is this guy? I deserve this title shot, its mine etc etc.

When in reality Bader had more claim to face Rumble then DC did.

All in all DC has been a total dick and looking like a hypocrite the past month or so. I was a big fan of his too but he seems as fake as Jones was now. Either way Bader vs DC up next is the only fight that makes any sense. Then again sense an the UFC haven't been friends many times.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
1) Why is Ryan Bader being propped up for anything? A paycheck? Really??
Didn't Tito beat him down? No disrespect to anyone, but why not fight Dan Henderson or something? (which I have a feeling is exactly what DC/Bader would look like)
At least give Cormier a guy on his level. Maybe I should call Cormier out on Twitter? I could use the extra dough.

2) @ Chris Weidman...."Who cares?" re; Vitor vs. Anderson" More people care about that than you vs. your next guy, fact. Kinda douchey response for a nice guy. Have a little more respect for the old timers, including Vitor, the longest fighting UFC fighter in history, and scarier at peak than you'll ever be.

3) DC is an enjoyable guy to listen to for some reason. Maybe the matter-of-fact tone, emotions on the sleeve, age and perspective, ....all of it? I enjoy listening to the guy.

4) I am very pleased at Anthony Johnson's emotional evolution and maturity. I'm glad he's a good guy, and I think we all are.

5) Vitor has never, and will never be able, to analyze his mistakes properly. Weidman did just fine in his analogy. The video game energy bar, no TRT, etc. Many with any historical perspective just watched an older Vitor re-fight UFC 51 @ a heavy disadvantage. I thought, "Holy shit, did he forget what happened when he did this to Tito?" STEP TO THE SIDE, LEFT, RIGHT, COMBO, KICK......UGH!!!!
I love the guy because of his heart; Not how much gas, or perceived determination through adversity, but his fire. And it's impossible to understand unless one knows his history behind the spotlight. How he was paraded as a teenager through Hollywood as the next sex symbol/possible star to take advantage of. The history there is far beyond the casual fan's knowledge (or Vitor fan's for that matter), as with any fighter or man.
It's just too bad he didn't get a little more grace in the fight IQ department, but we're none of us perfect.
That's why there'll "always be someone that can kick your ass".
But there's no doubt he's just a born fighter, much like Robbie Lawler. Hey, now there's a fight!
Seriously though, off the TRT, now is the time to make that Wandy/Vitor rematch. (In Brazil please!)

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
John Dodson actually thinks he beat Zach as well. He was gifted the decision, he didnt earn it.

Weidman disposed of Vitor pretty quick, I think him and Luke are gonna be a great match up.

DC being the champ, at this moment he is, but I dont see Johnson going away any time soon. I think Gus would beat DC. Im sure Jones will not be back anytime soon so we will see

Cowboy would have a hard time with RDA but in the end he would chop him down like a tree.

Last edited:

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
1) Why is Ryan Bader being propped up for anything? A paycheck? Really??
Didn't Tito beat him down? No disrespect to anyone, but why not fight Dan Henderson or something? (which I have a feeling is exactly what DC/Bader would look like)
At least give Cormier a guy on his level. Maybe I should call Cormier out on Twitter? I could use the extra dough.

2) @ Chris Weidman...."Who cares?" re; Vitor vs. Anderson" More people care about that than you vs. your next guy, fact. Kinda douchey response for a nice guy. Have a little more respect for the old timers, including Vitor, the longest fighting UFC fighter in history, and scarier at peak than you'll ever be.

3) DC is an enjoyable guy to listen to for some reason. Maybe the matter-of-fact tone, emotions on the sleeve, age and perspective, ....all of it? I enjoy listening to the guy.

4) I am very pleased at Anthony Johnson's emotional evolution and maturity. I'm glad he's a good guy, and I think we all are.

5) Vitor has never, and will never be able, to analyze his mistakes properly. Weidman did just fine in his analogy. The video game energy bar, no TRT, etc. Many with any historical perspective just watched an older Vitor re-fight UFC 51 @ a heavy disadvantage. I thought, "Holy shit, did he forget what happened when he did this to Tito?" STEP TO THE SIDE, LEFT, RIGHT, COMBO, KICK......UGH!!!!
I love the guy because of his heart; Not how much gas, or perceived determination through adversity, but his fire. And it's impossible to understand unless one knows his history behind the spotlight. How he was paraded as a teenager through Hollywood as the next sex symbol/possible star to take advantage of. The history there is far beyond the casual fan's knowledge (or Vitor fan's for that matter), as with any fighter or man.
It's just too bad he didn't get a little more grace in the fight IQ department, but we're none of us perfect.
That's why there'll "always be someone that can kick your ass".
But there's no doubt he's just a born fighter, much like Robbie Lawler. Hey, now there's a fight!
Seriously though, off the TRT, now is the time to make that Wandy/Vitor rematch. (In Brazil please!)
Good post. Vitor vs Wand would be a good fight to make indeed.

ChaosOverkill

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
125 is Henry Cejudo or nothing for MM. Period. Dodson made all this KO noise and did nothing to Zach...

So wait you can KO Mighty Mouse and Conor McGregor but not Zach Machovsky?

I get the feeling that Dodson is one of those people that says shit like "I can lift a bulldozer, as long as I believe it. Oh this one here I can't lift doesn't count"

And people pointing out when they talked and didn't back it up gets them all in a butthurt tizzy calling you a hater and negative.

No (those people), we aren't haters and negative, we have memories longer than a goldfish's and logic and reason are big important elements to human communication for us.

Last edited:

ChaosOverkill

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
"I believe I can be champ, I believe I will be champ/the best" = reasonable confidence/arrogance whatever.

"I can KO everyone up to 145, I beat Mighty Mouse the first fight" = talking to hear yourself talk as a drug your ego needs as the shovel to keep burying denial.

delightone

Insert Crown here
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I was rooting for Rumble, but when DC started to tell the story about how his family helped him through with the 500 somewhat dollars it started to get dusty in my living room.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I was rooting for Rumble, but when DC started to tell the story about how his family helped him through with the 500 somewhat dollars it started to get dusty in my living room.
Love the dusty reference........ha,ha.....