UFC 188 Mexico City

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Bozy

OOHH YOU DIDNT KNOW!?
Feb 22, 2015
UFC.com is reporting Cain Velasquez vs Fabricio Werdum in a Heavyweight Championship unification bout will headline the Mexican card.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Christ, if Cain gets hurt again before then....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I don't think it will happen.
If it does I like Verdum by whatever he wants.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Rambo John J;n27220 said:
I don't think it will happen.
If it does I like Verdum by whatever he wants.
Really??

I mean his striking has looked aot better in recent years but cains pace is ridiculous.

Shy Guy

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
The UFC has a heavyweight championship?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Splinty;n27228 said:
Really??

I mean his striking has looked aot better in recent years but cains pace is ridiculous.
Big fan of Cains Style but a Bunch of factors make me think that...
Who knows how cains pace and body are now?
Testing is different now also. Not pointing fingers but I don't trust anybody to be clean anymore. I think EPO is widespread and it is a slight possibility. IMO
He is not better standing or on the ground than Fabricio. IMO Only a fence stall game would work and even then Verdum has great knees and clinch strikes.

Verdum is prime and confident. Beats Fedor legitimately. Basically hold his own with prime Allistar. Destroys Roy Nelsons face. KOs mark Hunt. Decimates Travis Browne with whatever he wants.
Verdum has fought the best competition recently and has beaten them all soundly except for overeem and JDS.

If the UFC wasn't dicking around with Fabricio he wouldn't have come in out of shape for Young JDS. He arguably should have gotten a title shot at that time instead of fighting the dangerous Newcomer JDS.

I think Fabricio might have been the UFC HW champ since 2008-9 till now if he had taken that fight seriously. SO he is somewhat of an Uncrowned Champion in my book.