UFC 189 is already a sick card

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Main Event:

145 lbs.: UFC Featherweight Champion Jose Aldo vs. Conor McGregor

Co-Main Event:

170 lbs.: UFC Welterweight Champion Robbie Lawler vs. Rory MacDonald

Others Scheduled

170 lbs.: Matt Brown vs. Nate Diaz
145 lbs.: Jeremy Stephens vs. Dennis Bermudez
170 lbs.: Gunnar Nelson vs. John Hathaway
170 lbs.: Brandon Thatch vs. John Howard
170 lbs.: Mike Swick vs. Alex Garcia

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
And as I create this thread, I read this.

Nate Diaz pumps brakes on Matt Brown fight - MMA Fighting

View: https://twitter.com/NateDiaz209/status/585998122771329024

Shortly after the UFC officially announced that Nate Diaz was set to fight Matt Brownat UFC 189 on July 11, Diaz took to Twitter to put a wrench in those plans.

When contacted by MMAFighting.com, Diaz further explained his tweet.

"We were supposed to meet with the UFC next Monday to get my next fight figured out," he said, "but then they busted out the Matt Brown fight. I thought I was fightingAnthony Pettis next. He's trying to fight me and I'm trying to fight him.

"I'm open to the Brown fight -- I said I wanted to fight him last year -- but I don't like that they made the fight official before we ever negotiated or agreed to it."

On a recent episode of "The MMA Hour," Pettis, who recently lost the UFC lightweight title to Rafael dos Anjos, said he was open to fighting Diaz.

"I can't even say when I can fight next," he said, "but I would love to fight Nate Diaz. That's a fight I've been waiting for, for a long time. If that's next, I'm for sure down with that. I just gotta figure out when I'm able to fight again or when I can start even looking at dates to fight again."

John M

Feb 10, 2015
Diaz said he wasn't going to the Maynard fight either. He'll be there.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
And as I create this thread, I read this.

Nate Diaz pumps brakes on Matt Brown fight - MMA Fighting

View: https://twitter.com/NateDiaz209/status/585998122771329024

Shortly after the UFC officially announced that Nate Diaz was set to fight Matt Brownat UFC 189 on July 11, Diaz took to Twitter to put a wrench in those plans.

When contacted by MMAFighting.com, Diaz further explained his tweet.

"We were supposed to meet with the UFC next Monday to get my next fight figured out," he said, "but then they busted out the Matt Brown fight. I thought I was fightingAnthony Pettis next. He's trying to fight me and I'm trying to fight him.

"I'm open to the Brown fight -- I said I wanted to fight him last year -- but I don't like that they made the fight official before we ever negotiated or agreed to it."

On a recent episode of "The MMA Hour," Pettis, who recently lost the UFC lightweight title to Rafael dos Anjos, said he was open to fighting Diaz.

"I can't even say when I can fight next," he said, "but I would love to fight Nate Diaz. That's a fight I've been waiting for, for a long time. If that's next, I'm for sure down with that. I just gotta figure out when I'm able to fight again or when I can start even looking at dates to fight again."
he will get beat regardless...Pettis saved him a slow, painful beating...I love how Pettis picks his opponents..

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
On top of all that, there is talk of putting TJ vs Barao 2 to the Jones/AJ and Weidman/Vitor card as well. It may very well happen. I know the UFC has not done a 3 title fight show since the UFC 33 disaster.. but times have changed. I'd love to see those 3 titles on the same show. I can't see those 3 matches being boring/all going to the distance.

Just imagine what UFC 200 is gonna be like next year.. Man.. I really hope 189 stays together and there are no injuries.

Along with May vs Pac.. we really, really have some amazing fights coming up in the next 4-5 months. Some absolutely stacked epic cards across all sports. I love being a fight fan.

The UFC has hada great year for the most part. A complete turn around as opposed to 2014, the year of shitty watered down shows and injuries. Sure, this year hasn't been perfect, but the first 3 months featured some absolutely amazing cards with much better buy rates and ratings than expected.

Once Late April and May hit.. it's going to be a fight fans dream. Klitschko/Jennings at MSG is the kick off for me.. Actually I take it back, Gonzaga/CroCop... It seems every week or every other week following this one.. there is an amazing show on our plates

CANNOT WAIT!

Hong Kong Phooey

Spreading The Coronavirus one Corona at a Time
Feb 12, 2015
On top of all that, there is talk of putting TJ vs Barao 2 to the Jones/AJ and Weidman/Vitor card as well. It may very well happen. I know the UFC has not done a 3 title fight show since the UFC 33 disaster.. but times have changed. I'd love to see those 3 titles on the same show. I can't see those 3 matches being boring/all going to the distance.

Just imagine what UFC 200 is gonna be like next year.. Man.. I really hope 189 stays together and there are no injuries.

Along with May vs Pac.. we really, really have some amazing fights coming up in the next 4-5 months. Some absolutely stacked epic cards across all sports. I love being a fight fan.

The UFC has hada great year for the most part. A complete turn around as opposed to 2014, the year of shitty watered down shows and injuries. Sure, this year hasn't been perfect, but the first 3 months featured some absolutely amazing cards with much better buy rates and ratings than expected.

Once Late April and May hit.. it's going to be a fight fans dream. Klitschko/Jennings at MSG is the kick off for me.. Actually I take it back, Gonzaga/CroCop... It seems every week or every other week following this one.. there is an amazing show on our plates

CANNOT WAIT!

Phuck Phight pass