VID UFC 190 Ronda Rousey open workout complete

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Jonny Quest

Adventurer
Feb 12, 2015

View: https://youtu.be/qCfWbsXfDsc

She is absolutely amazing to watch. Even if you arent a fan of WMMA there is no denying she is a special athlete and head and shoulders better than any other female out there. Her movement is amazing and her throws are like watching an artist draw a masterpiece. If you havent watched this, give it at least 6 or more minutes of your time. It doesnt disappoint.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Awesome video here. Things like this make me warm up to Ronda again. I need to just learn to not judge so harshly on how she is when she's in "UFC" mode and promoting her fights. When I see footage like this or the latest embedded she's great. Bethe is fucked.

Jonny Quest

Adventurer
Feb 12, 2015
Awesome video here. Things like this make me warm up to Ronda again. I need to just learn to not judge so harshly on how she is when she's in "UFC" mode and promoting her fights. When I see footage like this or the latest embedded she's great. Bethe is fucked.
I agree whole heartedly. It is easy to get lost in all build up and hype of the fight and forget how really talented she is. It is impressive how someone like her can maintain a business side and still be so dedicated to her sport as well. I think that part of sport gets to a lot of athletes.

Darqnezz

Merkin' fools since pre-school
Apr 25, 2015
Best Judo in MMA. Those throws are ridiculous. Her hips & footwork on her strikes have improved a lot. you can tell just by listening to the impact her hits generate. Hands immediately return to her chin after delivering shots. I know a bunch of pros that cant seem get that straight (Bang Ludwig mentioned that fact in a podcast he recently did with the guys on Inside BJJ). She can easily win this one standing.

Last edited:

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
reebok better get in on gloves and pads soon cuz that glendale fight club shit is hideous.its like count chocula is wearing a gold and white sandwich board advertising his gym

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Best Judo in MMA. Those throws are ridiculous. Her hips & footwork on her strikes have improved a lot. you can tell just by listening to the impact her hits generate. Hands immediately return to her chin after delivering shots. I know a bunch of pros that cant seem get that straight (Bang Ludwig mentioned that fact in a podcast he recently did with the guys on Inside BJJ). She can easily win this one standing.
I'd love to see Ronda showcase her striking here and keep it a kick boxing match for its entirety.

Narcosynthesis

Posting Machine
May 25, 2015
Her open workouts show just how far ahead she is in athleticism compared to just about any other woman in mma. Training, genetics and mindset, she's the complete package.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Her open workouts show just how far ahead she is in athleticism compared to just about any other woman in mma. Training, genetics and mindset, she's the complete package.
Agree. No woman, not named Cyborg, can compete with her...and I'm beginning to have my doubts that Cris could.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Not trying to debate Ronda/Cyborg and derail this thread but Cyborg is nowhere near the athlete Ronda is.
Agreed, but she hits like a truck and Ronda doesn't seem to like to get hit. That fight all boils down to, can Ronda get to the clinch. If she does, it's game over. If she doesn't, Cris will get to that chin. I see no way Ronda doesnt slip a couple of punches and ends up dumping & submitting her though.

Narcosynthesis

Posting Machine
May 25, 2015
Agreed, but she hits like a truck and Ronda doesn't seem to like to get hit. That fight all boils down to, can Ronda get to the clinch. If she does, it's game over. If she doesn't, Cris will get to that chin. I see no way Ronda doesnt slip a couple of punches and ends up dumping & submitting her though.
What fighter likes to get hit?
Ronda said a few years ago she didn't feel confident enough in boxing to rely on it. You can see it in her fights. She stands and trades punches but when she gets tagged a few times she goes for the clinch.

The hardest punches I've seen her eat was against McMann and she immediately decided to go for the clinch.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Here throws and transitions to arm bars are fuckinggggggg amazing. On some of those those in mid air she was wrapping the dudes legs up and setting him up for the landing.... Amazing

Narcosynthesis

Posting Machine
May 25, 2015
A couple of things stand out for me.

1. Bethe throws kicks. Nobody Ronda has fought yet was big on throwing kicks. I believe Bethe should keep those kicks low if she's going to throw them. A saw Tate try a kick on Ronda and she sidestepped it and took her down. If it goes to the ground its all over for Bethe.

2. It looks like Bethe has been training her striking almost exclusively. The little that she showed of her ground game looked rudimentary at best.

Narcosynthesis

Posting Machine
May 25, 2015
The majority dont seem to mind at all. Matter of fact, many seem to thrive on being in wars. Lawler, Hunt, Diaz, Hendo, etc.
Strikers are going to get hit. Maybe they're just used to it. Out of that list only Diaz really feels comfortable on the ground. Hendo doesn't even use his wrestling anymore and Lawler and Hunt avoid the ground at all costs. They have nothing else to fall back on so it might give the perception they like being in stand up wars.