UFC 192 prelims average 749k viewers against heavy football competition

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Going against strong college football competition, the prelims for Saturday'sUFC 192 show, drew the fourth-lowest audience of the 11 shows of its kind so far in 2015.

Leading up to the show, headlined by Daniel Cormier vs. Alexander Gustafsson's light heavyweight title match, the prelim show FS 1, averaged 749,000 viewers. The show aired from 8-10 p.m. Eastern time.

The main event of the prelims was a featherweight fight with Yair Rodriguez vs. Daniel Hooker. The best known name on the prelims was likely Rose Namajunas, who opened the show against Angela Hill, although both Sage Northcutt and Albert Tumenov put on star-making performances and Northcutt may have made himself into a star with his 57-second win over Francisco Trevino..

The number was 22 percent below the 2015 average of 964,000 viewers. This year's numbers are well up from last year because of more interest in the pay-per-view shows overall. While there is no exact correlation between prelims and pay-per-view numbers, more often than not here is some indication.

LINK: UFC 192 prelims average 749,000 viewers against heavy football competition - MMA Fighting

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
I wonder what the PPV numbers are. I Know my circle of friends and myself included have pretty much stopped ordering UFC pay per views except for a few here and there.

teamquestnorth

Lindland never cheated
Jan 27, 2015
I wonder what the PPV numbers are. I Know my circle of friends and myself included have pretty much stopped ordering UFC pay per views except for a few here and there.
I'm guessing around 200k for this one. Maybe a bit more if people pre ordered before news that Woodley/Hendricks was scrapped.

Rusty Ernewein

#WMMA #LUBMMA #TeamMMA4LIFE #COMBATCIRCLE
Oct 7, 2015

Going against strong college football competition, the prelims for Saturday'sUFC 192 show, drew the fourth-lowest audience of the 11 shows of its kind so far in 2015.

Leading up to the show, headlined by Daniel Cormier vs. Alexander Gustafsson's light heavyweight title match, the prelim show FS 1, averaged 749,000 viewers. The show aired from 8-10 p.m. Eastern time.

The main event of the prelims was a featherweight fight with Yair Rodriguez vs. Daniel Hooker. The best known name on the prelims was likely Rose Namajunas, who opened the show against Angela Hill, although both Sage Northcutt and Albert Tumenov put on star-making performances and Northcutt may have made himself into a star with his 57-second win over Francisco Trevino..

The number was 22 percent below the 2015 average of 964,000 viewers. This year's numbers are well up from last year because of more interest in the pay-per-view shows overall. While there is no exact correlation between prelims and pay-per-view numbers, more often than not here is some indication.

LINK: UFC 192 prelims average 749,000 viewers against heavy football competition - MMA Fighting
Love football...but Never been Crazy about any sport except MMA!

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
so this is why they're pushing sage so hard, in the news.
pretty much, they are needing something to bring viewers back. They havent ever really competed with major league sports and I dont see them in the future doing so. Sage isnt gonna bring the viewers Conor has.

teamquestnorth

Lindland never cheated
Jan 27, 2015
Sage isnt gonna bring the viewers Conor has.
You are correct. Sage will make Conor look like a blip on the radar as he shatters gate and viewership records. He's already far ahead of where Conor was after his first fight pass fight.